SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than a month after a South Carolina couple vanished, the appearance of some sketchy Facebook posts deepened the mystery surrounding their disappearance.

Charlie Carver, 32, and Kala Brown, 30, have been missing since Aug. 31, according to WYFF4-TV. Brown and Carver had been together for several months and moved in together in the summer. Carver was in the middle of getting a divorce from his wife.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/1...en-mystery-missing-south-carolina-couple.html

39544E5500000578-3834376-image-a-6_1476275874751.jpg

On September 1, the account posted an update that the two had gotten married. Other posts include links to stories and fundraisers for the missing couple.

There are also several bizarre posts unrelated to the couple's disappearance, such as memes and comic book illustrations.
The most recent post from October 2 reads: 'What color ribbon supports the cure for people who can't keep their nose out of other people's business?'

When one concerned family member reached out to Carver on the account, they received a private message saying 'yes I'm fine'.

But family members believe the account was hacked since the posts are not in Carver's style.

395411B900000578-3834376-image-a-8_1476275883378.jpg

'This is just so out of character for (Carver), so if anybody knows anything, please call and leave a tip. I'm begging you, please,' Brown's mother, Joanne Shiflet, told WYFF. 'It's the emptiest feeling I've ever had. It's like a constant pain in your head. Your arms feel like strings. You want to reach out, but there's nothing to hold on to because you're reaching for your son, and he's not there.'

Meanwhile, Brown's Facebook - which she used more than her boyfriend - has been completely silent.
Anderson police Lt. Mike Aikens says his department continues to search for the couple, but that they are working with few clues. Foul play has not been ruled out.

Sorry to respond to my own post but had to add that, with no real leads, it's easy to come up with more and more far fetched theiries, because anything is possible at this point.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bbm

Agreed. I've tried reading the posts on his FB page as if CC is the one posting them himself. They could all easily relate to him and Kala having had arguments and him having done something to Kala, while trying to frame the ex. From posts by Kala on the ex's FB it seems her and Kala at least at one point were friends/friendly.

I can come up with even more theories... none of them particularly helpful probably because we'd need more info (that we won't get, like IP addresses etc).

I'm sure LE has more info on who's posting, and I hope this will be solved soon... what a situation to be in for the families, this would be enough to drive me crazy if it was my loved one, whoever is doing it and for whatever reason, it's just cruel.

Just saw this story on the news indicating the parents were interviewed by Dateline. I hate to think they left that puppy without food and water deliberately.

P.S. new to websleuths. Found it researching extended family issue.

Just saw this story on the news indicating the parents were interviewed by Dateline. I hate to think they left that puppy without food and water deliberately.

P.S. new to websleuths. Found it researching extended family issue.

:welcome:

The comments yesterday on DC's FB page under the married post are shocking. I hope the families are able to get a investigator. This is terrible!

Have yet to see a case with such bizarre postings on fb that turns out well. What a cluster! The family must be beyond themselves with heartbreak. It's hard to believe that LE don't have something by now. i know of people who have had their fb accounts locked when reported as fraudulent. Had to provide ID to get out of fb jail.

Yeah I'm quite surprised the page is still up. Even if they are looking at whats being said. Must be pure heartbreak for the family.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...-weeks-after-anderson-couple-reported-missing

So, his laptop is missing. That may explain the FB posts, the old photos, etc. Anyone that got their hands on my computer or phone would be able to log into my fb without knowing my password because my login is saved. If he had the photos saved on the computer then they'd have access to those to, whether they knew him or not.

So I think this article raises more questions than answers them. I still have the theory about going to meet a stranger with a pet carrier to get a new dog or cat. Maybe he had the laptop in the car because he takes it with him everywhere, being a writer, and they were robbed and hurt or killed. The person(s) took the laptop and decided to have some fun thinking they'd never be traced.

Just one theory out of a whole lot that I have floating around in my head.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't know how much we're allowed to say about social media, because I've never really read missing persons social media not commented on it. However, if you look at Charlie's facebook, the person posting as "Charlie" says things at times like "my husband" and has admitted that they are not Charlie. One comment was to the effect that they never claimed to be Charlie, just someone who knows both Charlie and Kala very well.

Commenters, including Charlie's family, seem to be saying that it's the ex-wife who is posting under his name. Looking through the page, I can't disagree with that. The ex-wife has posted some questionable comments under her own name on his page, including saying she doesn't give a *$@$ that they are missing.

I don't understand why facebook can't at least lock her out of the account or something. I don't know if the police have traced the posting to the ex, of if they even have the ability to -- I'm sure fb has to cooperate on some level -- but, you would think that they would at least disable access to an account of a missing person that is being accessed by someone else. I don't know.

I might have missed a post or two by asking this but have the police talked to the ex wife?

I don't know how much we're allowed to say about social media, because I've never really read missing persons social media not commented on it. However, if you look at Charlie's facebook, the person posting as "Charlie" says things at times like "my husband" and has admitted that they are not Charlie. One comment was to the effect that they never claimed to be Charlie, just someone who knows both Charlie and Kala very well.

Commenters, including Charlie's family, seem to be saying that it's the ex-wife who is posting under his name. Looking through the page, I can't disagree with that. The ex-wife has posted some questionable comments under her own name on his page, including saying she doesn't give a *$@$ that they are missing.

I don't understand why facebook can't at least lock her out of the account or something. I don't know if the police have traced the posting to the ex, of if they even have the ability to -- I'm sure fb has to cooperate on some level -- but, you would think that they would at least disable access to an account of a missing person that is being accessed by someone else. I don't know.

Whether it's the ex or someone else posting, maybe LE is waiting so whoever it is will take enough rope to hang themselves with, or however that saying goes. If it's the ex I can't imagine her being that obvious... although stranger things have happened.

Unmmm why the hell not ?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I can't figure out. Sure it would take some time to put the wheels in motion on FB's end I'm sure, but, they could have served a search warrant when the weird posts first started showing up, and maybe they would have access by now?

In situations like these, current and former spouses/significant others are usually the first to be suspected. The ex would also be the most likely to have the FB password. Okay, impersonating someone on facebook is probably not a crime that the police can charge someone with, but, isn't it something? Like interference with an investigation by trying to convince people that they are the missing person or something?

I can't think of any reason why the police would not try to confirm who is using his FB account and how they may be connected to the couple's disappearance. Is the estranged wife the daughter of the Chief of Police or something? Because otherwise, I can't see why this wouldn't be looked into.

*Note, I'm not saying that police are purposely ignoring the estranged wife. But, unless she or her family have some kind of strong police connections that would convince them to not look at her, I don't understand why they wouldn't get a search warrant for FB.

Interesting comment on a post made by KB ex boyfriend fb page. On a post dated 10/10 of him complaining about people marking them self from hurricane...KBs mom made an interesting comment...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Interesting comment on a post made by KB ex boyfriend fb page. On a post dated 10/10 of him complaining about people marking them self from hurricane...KBs mom made an interesting comment...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This case is so bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads