SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haveing been a LEO, sometimes it takes months before a company will agree to a Subpoena. It has to go through their legal department, then through their investigators, then back to Legal, then to directors and VIP's in the company, and then finally - months later, the company complies and send you the information you need. But, sometimes they don't - they want a Subpoena that is more specific, etc - and that usually takes months as well. Sometimes in cases involving cell phone service providers it takes well over a year for them to comply. It's not a fast process by any means, ever.

I'm so sorry for the families. They are obviously hurting. I seriously don't understand the motive of the person posting on CD's page. I think it's someone who is very mentally unstable. I think the families should work together to look for the car off the road somewhere. The leaves are going to be falling soon. Finding the car is going to be the best bet for finding the couple, in my opinion. There are so many scenarios, IMO, even if a sinister person were in the picture, where the car might have gone off the road somewhere. Prayers for finding the car soon.

I'm so sorry for the families. They are obviously hurting. I seriously don't understand the motive of the person posting on CD's page. I think it's someone who is very mentally unstable. I think the families should work together to look for the car off the road somewhere. The leaves are going to be falling soon. Finding the car is going to be the best bet for finding the couple, in my opinion. There are so many scenarios, IMO, even if a sinister person were in the picture, where the car might have gone off the road somewhere. Prayers for finding the car soon.
I agree.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Haveing been a LEO, sometimes it takes months before a company will agree to a Subpoena. It has to go through their legal department, then through their investigators, then back to Legal, then to directors and VIP's in the company, and then finally - months later, the company complies and send you the information you need. But, sometimes they don't - they want a Subpoena that is more specific, etc - and that usually takes months as well. Sometimes in cases involving cell phone service providers it takes well over a year for them to comply. It's not a fast process by any means, ever.
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G930V

More public posts today on CD's FB page. Several "We're fine" posts using old pictures, and lots of really pissed off friends. Whoever this is posting should be concerned for his/her personal safety at this point IMO. In my mind, whoever has been posting has gone from "just a little off in the head" to "suspect" in a disappearance. Find that car!

I can't quote, but, agree with ^^^.
This is going from bizarre to complete whacked!!
I'm starting to question who is behind the posts. Would the ex be THAT stupid?!

I can't quote, but, agree with ^^^.
This is going from bizarre to complete whacked!!
I'm starting to question who is behind the posts. Would the ex be THAT stupid?!
I know, right?!?!?! The only thing I can come up with is that IF it is her, the po-po have come knocking on her door. IF the heat is on her, and IF she is guilty of something, she may be trying (unsuccessfully) to make it look like the couple is okay. Keep on digging that hole deeper, dear.

Mothers Desperate for Information about Missing Couple Kala Brown and Charlie Carver
kala_brown_and_charlie_carver_inside_photo_ac2d929244ef213f98a1e57f1831d7c1.nbcnews-ux-320-320.jpg

Bobbie Newsom and Joanne Shiflet never thought they'd be in this situation: having to spend the weekend packing up their children's apartment and put their belongings in storage.
Bobbie's daughter Kala and Joanne's son Charlie have been missing for more than a month.

"You would never imagine this empty feeling," Joanne Shiflet, Charlie's mother, told Dateline. "It's so much worse than you can think, not knowing."
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...sing-couple-kala-brown-charlie-carver-n663906

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I came to post that article but s

There are so many people who are worried about them and love them," Kala's mother, Bobbie, said. "Whatever the problem, we'll figure it out. No one here will judge them. We love them."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ugh, the only thing I hate about the tapatalk app is I can't figure out how to edit yet and it saves my posts before I'm ready. I'll delete that post when I get to a computer unless a mod gets it first...

As I was saying, I came to post that article but los2188 beat me to it. Certainly the most informative one yet! What I found most interesting was what Kala's mom said, along with a comment she made on one of "Charlie's" posts that indicate she may have information that they've run off:

There are so many people who are worried about them and love them," Kala's mother, Bobbie, said. "Whatever the problem, we'll figure it out. No one here will judge them. We love them."

I just can't wrap my head around that though. It says Kala left without her glasses and contacts. I can't survive without mine - unless she had just bought new ones and no one knew it. Also, the dog being left alone...

All of that plus the FB postings are just odd, unless they WANT to make things look fishy? Like people that fake their deaths for insurance scams? If so, they are doing a horrible job.

It looks like many of the recent posts to Charlie's page have been either deleted or made private.

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. —More than a month after an Upstate couple vanished, Facebook posts that appear to be deceptive have added to the mystery surrounding their disappearance, according to their mothers.

Bobbie Newsom and Joanne Shiflet were interviewed by NBC’s "Dateline" about the couple’s disappearance.
There is no activity on Brown’s Facebook page, which is unusual for her, according to the post. It also says that though Carver is not typically active on Facebook, his profile picture was changed Sept. 6, and recent posts are “uncharacteristic of ones typically made by Charlie.”

Several postings on Carver’s Facebook page say the couple is fine and they simply left. The posts appeared after the couple was reported missing. Both Brown’s and Carver’s families said that they believe the Facebook account has been hacked. They said the photos that the person is using were posted more than a year ago, and the wording doesn’t sound like Carver.

"It's getting people thinking they are found, but they are not," Shiflet told "Dateline."
Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/Mysterious-Facebook-posts-no-comfort-to-mothers-of-missing-couple/42057628

Years ago there was a case where two adults who were each married to someone else met and rekindled something. It happens.
Not sure from what I'd read if things had progressed beyond platonic-- but they suddenly vanished , along with his suv. No trace of them has ever been found.
It was assumed they'd walked away from their old lives... but I always thought that le could have looked harder at each of the missing couples' spouses.
Well , maybe le did and could find nothing. Just so strange in this day and age to vanish.
If I can find the case.. I'll bring it here. It's a very old case.. maybe from the 1980's ?

Hope Kala and David's family get some answers !
That posting on DC's FB page sounds like a red flag--- maybe the only clue ? Very hinky.

I just saw a news article about this case and the fb postings, very odd and weird case. Imo I think the wife (ex or soon to be ex) is involved.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ugh, the only thing I hate about the tapatalk app is I can't figure out how to edit yet and it saves my posts before I'm ready. I'll delete that post when I get to a computer unless a mod gets it first...

As I was saying, I came to post that article but los2188 beat me to it. Certainly the most informative one yet! What I found most interesting was what Kala's mom said, along with a comment she made on one of "Charlie's" posts that indicate she may have information that they've run off:

I just can't wrap my head around that though. It says Kala left without her glasses and contacts. I can't survive without mine - unless she had just bought new ones and no one knew it. Also, the dog being left alone...

All of that plus the FB postings are just odd, unless they WANT to make things look fishy? Like people that fake their deaths for insurance scams? If so, they are doing a horrible job.

I am thinking that info comes from the much-referenced January public post on the FB poly-networking page (had to Google what that meant, am uncool and was not hip to the term). She's probably just saying she doesn't care, and it's not a big deal - just come home safe. That's all that counts (I'd feel the same way).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that it really is Charlie posting, and that Kala is not ok, and he is intentionally continuing to mislead people by posting strangely?

Is it possible that it really is Charlie posting, and that Kala is not ok, and he is intentionally continuing to mislead people by posting strangely?
I thought this too, that maybe he is purposely changing the grammar and punctuation, as well as pointing to the ex wife. It could be Kala is okay also and it's all a set up to get NN.

I thought this too, that maybe he is purposely changing the grammar and punctuation, as well as pointing to the ex wife. It could be Kala is okay also and it's all a set up to get NN.

Sorry to respond to my own post but had to add that, with no real leads, it's easy to come up with more and more far fetched theiries, because anything is possible at this point.

The glasses and contacts, medication and dog all being left behind bug me though. Also the missing dog crate. I wonder if it was a wire crate or a carrier. I've been thinking...If it was a carrier, I wonder if they went to meet someone with it to get a new pet and met foul play? It's certainly happened before with Craigslist, etc.

I think LE knows who is posting by now. In missing cases LE can get ahold of persons Facebook rather quickly
Not sure if it's not being stopped because they are watching it or if it's no big deal. I would think they would stop it no matter what because it is hurtful to their loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member