SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the enormous rage that TK has is reminiscent of that of serial predator John Gardner's. I'm seeing TK as more of a Big Ed Kemper type of serial killer. TK spent his childhood going from pillow to post living with both parents and his grandparents, institutionalized for a portion of this time, and his entire adolescence incarcerated in an AZ prison. The transitional stage of physical, sexual, and psychological development that normally occurs during the period from puberty to legal adulthood occurred in a very dark environment, imo.

Essentially, our human sexuality is established during our development through conditioning, adjustment and experiences, which involves both nature and nurture. Sexual behaviors are learned behaviors infused with emotion in which the individual develops a perception of what is sexually satisfying and what is socially appropriate within the context of their environment. In TK case, this environment was a broken home, state mental asylum with 100 patient to 1 Doctor ratio, and finally the AZ correctional system, entering as a young adult..and then being released into society as a Tier 111 RSO at age 30.. 'What could possibly go wrong'?

Classification: Serial killer
Characteristics: Necrophilia - Cannibalism - Dismemberment
Number of victims: 10

He started his criminal life as a teenager by shooting both his grandparents while staying on their 17-acre ranch in North Fork, California, a crime for which he was incarcerated.

Kemper later killed and dismembered six female hitchhikers in the Santa Cruz, California, area. He then murdered his mother and one of her friends before turning himself in to the authorities.

Early life

Kemper was born in Burbank, California, to Clarnell Stage and Edmund Emil Kemper Jr. He was very intelligent with an IQ of 136, however, he displayed sociopathic behavior from a young age: he tortured and killed animals, acted out bizarre sexual rituals with his sisters' dolls and once said that, in order to kiss a teacher he had a crush on, he would have to kill her. Worsening the situation was Kemper's mother, who constantly berated and humiliated her son and often made him sleep in a locked basement due to a fear that he would molest his sisters. Kemper's mother Clarnell apparently suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder which resulted in her rages and abuse against her son.

On August 27, 1964, Kemper shot his grandmother while she sat at the kitchen table putting the finishing touches on her latest children's book. When his grandfather came home from grocery shopping, Kemper shot him as well. Then he called his mother, who urged him to call the police. When questioned, he said that he "just wanted to see what it felt like to kill Grandma", and that he killed his grandfather because he knew he would be angry at him for what he had done to his grandmother. Kemper was just 15 at the time.

<snipped - read more>

Listen to Candace Moncayo's victim statement at 2:45 into the video and watch John Gardner's expression of rage when she asks how his nose is....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CraYOJNhcuE

So.... I received an email notification from Websleuths about a post on the Dermond case (I think). Thanks for leading me to another one, Foxfire... SQUIRREL!!

It's amazing what a small world it is with social media. I went to scope out TK's "friends" on FB upon learning about this. I came across two "mutual friends" on his list. Thankfully, one of them was just a local pub and the other a former neighbor of mine who has tons of FB friends... the kinds that we never met but got friended because of other mutual friends, etc.

Creepy.

Something about TK reminds me of Brandon Scott Lavergne. Another serial killer who had issues from the cradle.

The AP is making a choice on their own not to name her.

AFAIK, Websleuths typically only implements that kind of rule for minors (and typically their threads are locked or removed once there is a resolution in the case).

Not a mod, I've just never seen them enforce an initials-only rule in this kind of situation, although this kind of situation is rare. The only quick parallel I can think of is Ariel Castro, although his victims did somewhat choose to become public figures (talk shows/books/etc). (No, I don't blame them for that--I want them to have all the money they need for the rest of their lives.)

You could try PMing a mod directly and discussing it with them.
Yes, I understand was just using AP as an example.

Thanks, I did find a mod to pm.

Folks here for a long time have talked about seeing things posted that are no longer there, on the way back on Google excetera.

Is there a thread on websleuths that shows how to do that or can one be created so the rest of us could learn?
Just plug in a url and if it's archived it'll be here. Not all get saved. http://archive.org/web/

This is near the State of GA Mental Hospital, Milledgeville, GA. Dots are beginning to be connected, imo...

In 1980, when Kohlhepp would have been 8 or 9 years old, he was admitted to a Georgia mental-health facility because of his mother’s inability to enforce limits and his behavioral problems in school, according to a juvenile probation officer’s report. He also appeared preoccupied with sex during his early sessions, though that decreased in time.

Asylum: Inside Central State Hospital, once the world’s largest mental institution
The Milledgeville property is now mostly empty and falling into decay. 2,000-acres still echo with the memory of the patients who were treated—and mistreated—at Georgia’s state asylum.
http://www.atlantamagazine.com/grea...e-hospital-worlds-largest-mental-institution/

Parents routinely admonished misbehaving children with the threat, “I’m going to send you to Milledgeville!” Georgia novelist Terry Kay recalls that as a boy in the 1940s, “it was one of the few words with great power. Milledgeville. City of the crazies. It was a word of fear and mystery, a word that classified ‘funny’ people.”
<Snipped>

Court documents highlight troubled past of man accused of holding Anderson woman captive
http://www.wfxg.com/story/33628581/...man-accused-of-holding-anderson-woman-captive

RE: BBM

Is sexual abuse the only or at least the most likely cause for an 8 - 9 year old to be preoccupied with sex?? Isn't that age range generally considered prepubescent??

I still have his facebook page open, I cannot refresh or will lose it, but did anyone every get back to you with the dogs pic? I feel so bad for his cats and dogs, I hope someone will adopt them, and they won't be euth'd since he once owned them and no one wants them....so very sad IMHO
Thank you so much for thinking of his voiceless victims, Portabella. I, too, hope that they are rescued and adopted by loving families.

So.... I received an email notification from Websleuths about a post on the Dermond case (I think). Thanks for leading me to another one, Foxfire... SQUIRREL!!

It's amazing what a small world it is with social media. I went to scope out TK's "friends" on FB upon learning about this. I came across two "mutual friends" on his list. Thankfully, one of them was just a local pub and the other a former neighbor of mine who has tons of FB friends... the kinds that we never met but got friended because of other mutual friends, etc.

Creepy.

Something about TK reminds me of Brandon Scott Lavergne. Another serial killer who had issues from the cradle.

Well, a blind Squirrel will pick up an acorn every now and then.. lol
Both BSL & TK received education and training while incarcerated. Both were Tier 111 RSOs.
Guess, now I've got to go check out the Dermond thread.. TY

I noticed in the link
The Associated Press is not naming the woman because the suspect is a sex offender, though authorities have not said whether she was sexually assaulted.

I was hoping out of respect we could use her initials.

I understand her name is everywhere but seeing the associate press is not using her name.

Is it because we haven't had an official report from LE?

Idk. She was a missing person whom was found being held captive and her name is in this thread title.

So this is her thread so I guess stating her name is okay.

Lol Edit:

The mods just removed her name from the thread title.

Oooops.

Is sexual abuse the only or at least the most likely cause for an 8 - 9 year old to be preoccupied with sex?? Isn't that age range generally considered prepubescent??
Reports of problem behavior were noted from fifteen months on and as a toddler and preschooler, he was found to have demonstrated aggressive behavior towards others.

Found a RSO with the same last name, first initial T., registered in Frederick County, MD. Brothers?

Reports of problem behavior were noted from fifteen months on and as a toddler and preschooler, he was found to have demonstrated aggressive behavior towards others.

But, IIRC the problem behavior at the age of 15 months was reported by his mother. Did he have treatment or are there reports of evaluations during preschool age? I can't remember.

Yes that would be most likely. Another possibility is something I think happened in the Jon Benet case, where a parent punishes their child in a sexual way.

But, IIRC the problem behavior at the age of 15 months was reported by his mother. Did he have treatment or are there reports of evaluations during preschool age? I can't remember.

You are correct. They were reported by his mother as far as I know. I'm still trolling to see if I can find any earlier objective info.

Apologies.. tried to fix quoted post as it was showing incorrectly.

Whoa!

(Possible contributing factors in the creation of a monster)

'
Possibly, or, he just got better at deceiving others. Putting on his mask. Some folk's malfunctions aren't created, they are born with them. Putting a child into private schools and mental hospitals is a last resort. It's not cheap and most insurance doesn't cover it, at least not the private school part. It's a last ditch effort many times.

<modsnip>

"The wife of one of the 2003 victims said detectives told her Kohlhepp was an angry customer who had been in the shop several times." (Source.)

Four people dead because he was a disgruntled customer. Unbelievable.

This guy had to have had dozens of victims over the years...

SABBM

Indeed. Cray-cray.

It'd be interesting to know if there are as yet unsolved disappearances in places where he's resided ? I've had a feeling the known victims aren't his first rodeo !

All this time I thought he was an RSO due to the rape. He wasn't! According to an article I just read. He was only convicted of the kidnapping so he didn't have to register.

Well I guess I was wrong. I just read another article indicating he was required to register although the sexual assault chare was dropped?

He is listed on the national sex offenders list. i did a search. https://www.nsopw.gov/

Gitana, you aren't crazy! I noticed the same thing. The presentence investigation also refers to TK entering a plea to kidnapping and thereby avoiding registration. Since he obviously did have to register, I assumed that the law likely changed to require registration at some point after the conclusion of his case. Since you addressed the issue, I decided to do some research and I believe my suspicion is correct. I don't currently have access to Westlaw or I would be able to review the legislative history a lot easier, but a publication from the Arizona AG's office mentions a 1998 amendment adding registration requirements for kidnapping of a minor. I think it likely that TK was offered a plea agreement that intentionally allowed him to avoid registering as a sex offender but, unfortunately for him, the legislature amended the statute during his incarceration and he would have been required to register upon his release.

PSI reference to TK not having to register:
This writer has reviewed the plea agreement and feels it is travesty of justice that the defendant has pled to a nonsexual offense. Had he pled to a sexual assault charge, the community would at least receive the benefit of the defendant's registering as a sex offender.
Source: https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1987-presentence-investigation-report-1478284242.pdf

AG publication on SRO requirements:
In 1998, the Legislature added to the crimes that require registration (i) unlawful imprisonment and (ii) kidnapping when the victim is under 18 and the crime is not committed by the child's parent. A.R.S. § 13-3821(A)(1), (2).
Source: https://www.azag.gov/sgo-opinions/sex-offender-registration-requirements
(Note: This is an outdated document that shouldn't be used as a source for current requirements.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bike shop murders seem to be a different scenario than chaining up a woman for two months. Most of the time serial killers have an MO. They kill similarly. If he is just indiscriminately out there killing folks for any old reason he sees fit, there could be many, many, more.

It is really strange because most SKs follow a distinctive pattern or their victims have similarities, etc. But then I thought about Pee Wee Gaskins, who was a prolific SK in SC back in the 60s & 70s. He was indiscriminate about the gender, age, or race of his victims and his motive consisted of both "pleasure" and personal reasons. He, personally, placed his crimes into two categories - "coastal kills" and "serious murders". His "coastal kills" were mostly hitchhikers, men and women, that he picked up along the coast of SC, tortured and kept alive as long as he could, killed, and then dumped into a swamp. His "serious murders" consisted of those he killed for personal reasons or because he'd been paid to kill them. These personal reasons included: stealing from him, owing him money, not keep their word, making him feel slighted in some way, insulting him, etc. Four of his victims were simply killed in an attempt to cover up the killing of a fifth victim he'd been hired to kill.

It made me realize that, while most SKs follow some type of pattern, it's apparent that not all of them do. Terrifying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'
Possibly, or, he just got better at deceiving others. Putting on his mask. Some folk's malfunctions aren't created, they are born with them. Putting a child into private schools and mental hospitals is a last resort. It's not cheap and most insurance doesn't cover it, at least not the private school part. It's a last ditch effort many times.

Reading about mistreatment at Milledgeville was the reason for my "Whoa" reply

The Milledgeville property is now mostly empty and falling into decay. 2,000-acres still echo with the memory of the patients who were treated—and mistreated—at Georgia’s state asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89