SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Superbike Murder case, there were two customers left in the shop near closing. One came forward and provided a composite of the other customer. The first customer left the shop leaving this one man shown in the sketch. It is assumed this is the shooter. The customer who provided the sketch said the other man seemed to know little about motorcycles but was going to purchase a "crotch rocket" as his first bike. He thought that was strange. Police found a signed bill of sale for a cycle that was being prepped but no customer's name had been filled in yet. Why a bill of sale before payment or financing was decided? Did he show them cash? If this customer (now thought to be TK) had a grudge it was not apparent. It did not appear this customer knew Ponder who was helping him. It seemed like a routine sale going on. So if he did have a grudge, it could have been with the guy in the backroom, some think was shot first. Or it could be a thrill kill. Or it could be a robbery gone very wrong, but nothing was taken. Or it could be a killing for hire. Or TK could have been a mail order purchaser who felt wronged. Maybe he was just going to steal money but all heck broke loose and he started firing. This crime seems very odd to me. Murder is always senseless, but this one seems for no purpose.

<modsnip>

"The wife of one of the 2003 victims said detectives told her Kohlhepp was an angry customer who had been in the shop several times." (Source.)

Four people dead because he was a disgruntled customer. Unbelievable.

This guy had to have had dozens of victims over the years...

I went and tried to reply to your question, ArianeEmory, but we're already on #3 and it looks to be filling up. Looks like we'l be on #4 momentarily, especially in light of the bike shop killings entering the picture.

I've read through this a few times and I don't really understand the point you're trying to make with the second half of your post. Could you clarify? You seem generally not in favor of background checks.

Realtors have access to people's homes/keys/banking information, and frequently meet people alone in empty houses. That's for a start.

Look, I have a loved one who got a DUI when he was young after his father committed suicide. That'll follow him for the rest of his life and stop him from doing things like visiting Canada. It sucks, but even he admits he's the one who chose to drink and get behind the wheel.

I've had a stressful week and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was just going on a long diatribe about background checks.

What I meant is that there should be some kind of background check that looks for "victim-full" crimes that excludes victim-less crimes. I would consider skimming money from your employer a "victim-full" crime (the business would count as the victim). I would place lying or deception into that category, too.

Somebody that got caught with pot or a DUI from a road-block (i.e. not driving dangerously or giving enough reason for an actual traffic stop) and things of that nature should not stand in someone's way from gainful employment. I had a head injury years back and have been downright clumsy all of my life, so I couldn't pass a field sobriety test dead-sober.

I was pointing out that things such as that are counted against you about the same as if you had raped someone at gunpoint. Or stole money from your elderly neighbor. Or neglecting your kids and the like. We have laws regarding (violent, dishonest or just plain "bad") things like that, But we have laws against plenty of many other things too that don't always make sense in the overall scheme of things.

All this time I thought he was an RSO due to the rape. He wasn't! According to an article I just read. He was only convicted of the kidnapping so he didn't have to register.

Yet we have screenshots here on this thread of him as a sexual offender..?

<modsnip>

"The wife of one of the 2003 victims said detectives told her Kohlhepp was an angry customer who had been in the shop several times." (Source.)

Four people dead because he was a disgruntled customer. Unbelievable.

This guy had to have had dozens of victims over the years...

Maybe the last customer described by the second to last customer was not TK. The customer said he saw him looking at a bike and nothing unusual other than he thought it strange he would be buying a superbike when he never had a motorcycle before. If he was a trouble maker you would think this customer would have witnessed raised voices or tension. Maybe this last customer left too and TK walked in later. It is strange he never came forward though if it is not TK.
I agree. If he shot four people because he felt slighted or cheated, how many others made him this angry over the years. I wonder why he targeted K? Was it part of his plan for Charles to be there too or was that not planned? I heard he asked them over to do some work? So I guess he wanted to delay detection of the missing K by killing Charlie. I did not copy it, but on TK's FB page from Sept I think he jokes about all the missing people. If someone copied it, can you post it again and when it was written. I think it was after August 31. So its like he is giddy and proud of his crime. He is making this comment perhaps to draw people's attention to missing K without saying her name...all the time he knows where she and Charlie are..it must have made him feel so powerful. Total narcissist and sociopath. I wonder if he has let other things slip over the years after he committed a crime. Did he say strange things, that meant little at the time but his coworkers, fellow students remember that might line up with something in the news. I would be surprised if he didn't commit many more crimes.

All this time I thought he was an RSO due to the rape. He wasn't! According to an article I just read. He was only convicted of the kidnapping so he didn't have to register.
Yes, he is a RSO. He took a plea deal to drop rape charge but still had to register.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The bike shop murders seem to be a different scenario than chaining up a woman for two months. Most of the time serial killers have an MO. They kill similarly. If he is just indiscriminately out there killing folks for any old reason he sees fit, there could be many, many, more.

He was diagnosed with conduct disorders as a child, which means he was more likely to have anti-social personality disorder, as an adult. TK also seems to be leaning toward a psychopath. People w/anti-social personality disorder have no regard for other's, and although a psychopath doesn't need to kill people, it doesn't bother them to do so, to justify their end. Not all of them are violent but they don't have emotional involvement with others, so it doesn't bother them to do what they want, to get what they want. So, if he felt Superbike had somehow wronged him, or their deaths would benefit him, he'd have no problem killing four people, and continuing on with his life.

I agree with you, the Bank sketch looks like TK looks now, not back then

Hmm does he have any older relatives with extensive criminal histories or violent psychological problems ? I swear that sketch looks so very much like him !!! and I actually could buy into the theory of him changing his hair color and appearing to be heavier, however the height thing if that is indeed accurate , there's no way it could be him because you can't make yourself shorter. Which just leads me down the road to wondering if he had an older relative that also did similar crimes maybe even trained him when he was younger who knows

Does anyone have the google docs link that someone uploaded TKs fb profile to? I'm curious about one of the dogs he posted photo of. Looks similar to a missing dog in his area.

I still have his facebook page open, I cannot refresh or will lose it, but did anyone every get back to you with the dogs pic? I feel so bad for his cats and dogs, I hope someone will adopt them, and they won't be euth'd since he once owned them and no one wants them....so very sad IMHO

Well I guess I was wrong. I just read another article indicating he was required to register although the sexual assault chare was dropped?
He is a Juvenile Tier 3. He has to register for life.

http://scor.sled.sc.gov/OffenderDetails.aspx?Display=Main&Id=650388

I will have to try and find this again, but in his pychological profile that a news site posted about it gave the reason why the sexual assault was dropped. I know it was pled down to kidnapping.

It is linked in the first post in this thread. The 1987 investagation report.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 12.56.10 PM.png

Dang. This is a screenshot that I just took from my search for him on FB. Apparently there is quite a fascination growing over him. Notice the first one that describes it as "news personality".

Hoping this is okay since it's not the actual pages with any comments.

I still have his facebook page open, I cannot refresh or will lose it, but did anyone every get back to you with the dogs pic? I feel so bad for his cats and dogs, I hope someone will adopt them, and they won't be euth'd since he once owned them and no one wants them....so very sad IMHO
No, I haven't been able to see the photos of the dogs yet. <modsnip>

I'm only on page 32. But I just wanted to say I don't think the much more recent disappearances are the 2 on his property. I think he kept a few other women and did away w them when they outlived their purpose. So they would be previous to K. And I think they came alone. I think he didn't expect Charlie to arrive w her.

But then again this guy has proven to be a collector AND a spree killer so who knows.

I definitely think he had others locked in shipping containers.. his Amazon reviews showed on one of the sets of locks that he was using them on shipping containers' now' which was dated September of 2014...so 2 yrs ago also ...

One of the articles I read last night was an interview with a neighbor of his. He mentioned that TK was pretty braggy and talked about all the money he made through day trading.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/details-suspect-emerge-captive-womans-rescue-43321113
I noticed in the link
The Associated Press is not naming the woman because the suspect is a sex offender, though authorities have not said whether she was sexually assaulted.

I was hoping out of respect we could use her initials.

I understand her name is everywhere but seeing the associate press is not using her name.

Is it because we haven't had an official report from LE?

This "SuperBike" murder confession was unexpected. I was expecting a lust killer but so far most of TK's victims have been men who TK had issues with or got in his way. Maybe LE found evidence. LE may have found the 9 mm.

He has shown as having problems with other males since childhood. He blamed his father when he kidnapped the girl at age 15, he killed her new boyfriend, when he decided to keep his last victim prisoner (after she'd been working for him for some time), I'd not be surprised to find he had some sort of fixation on a female at Superbike. He was a costumer there.

I noticed in the link
The Associated Press is not naming the woman because the suspect is a sex offender, though authorities have not said whether she was sexually assaulted.

I was hoping out of respect we could use her initials.

I understand her name is everywhere but seeing the associate press is not using her name.

Is it because we haven't had an official report from LE?

The AP is making a choice on their own not to name her.

AFAIK, Websleuths typically only implements that kind of rule for minors (and typically their threads are locked or removed once there is a resolution in the case).

Not a mod, I've just never seen them enforce an initials-only rule in this kind of situation, although this kind of situation is rare. The only quick parallel I can think of is Ariel Castro, although his victims did somewhat choose to become public figures (talk shows/books/etc). (No, I don't blame them for that--I want them to have all the money they need for the rest of their lives.)

You could try PMing a mod directly and discussing it with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aburke