Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly I don't think it's Leona. Jmo. Even more sad another precious baby is gone for reasons that will probably not make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say that the body found is that of a newborn, and they have ruled that it is not Leonna.

From your link:

Lt. Sheila Cole confirmed that investigators have ruled out the possibility that the body is that of Baby Leonna due to the age of the baby.

Sad and frustrating. Leonna still needs to be found and now there's another dead baby. How could a mother just dump her newborn in a field like trash? It's beyond my comprehension. I hope LE will be able to identify this poor little one. :tears:

Stomach in throat.
Thank you for the updates. Glad it's not our girl. There is hope.
Rest in peace little infant, whoever you are.

They found the newborn's mother. She's 23 and has been charged with murder and the unauthorized removal of a dead body. The article doesn't say if the autopsy showed that the baby was born alive but apparently the mother confessed. It's a little confusing. Sad case regardless. :(

Deputies announced late Sunday morning that they charged Joanie Faith Holcombe, 23, with the death of her child. Deputies said Holcombe confessed to the child's death and impromptu burial.

Holcombe was charged with murder and unauthorized removal of a dead body after she gave birth to the victim and placed the new born in a plastic bag.

http://www.live5news.com/story/30924500/deputies-newborn-baby-found-dead-in-anderson

ETA: A little more info:

Joanie Faith Holcombe, of Cherokee Circle in Anderson, placed the infant in a plastic bag on Dec. 13, causing asphyxiation, according to an arrest warrant.
A man told a deputy he found the infant near Cherokee Circle and Souix Street, according to the report. The deputy drove to the location and found an infant with injuries to the face, the deputy said in the report.
Holcombe moved the body of the infant between Dec. 13 and Saturday, according to an arrest warrant.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2016/01/10/woman-charged-murder-newborn-baby/78591480/

Autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow. I guess the murder charge will hinge on whether or not the baby took a breath.

So sad. How many people would have cared and loved that baby. I just don't understand this day in age why women do this. It's not acceptable.

#FindBabyLeonna

:candle:

One year since Pendleton baby vanished, no arrests made

http://www.newswest9.com/story/32151266/one-year-since-pendleton-baby-vanished

Monday marks one year since baby Leonna Wright was reported missing from her home in Anderson County.

Deputies began investigating the disappearance of the then 1-year-old girl on June 6, 2015.

One year later, and no charges have been filed in the child’s disappearance. Deputies said they are still actively investigating and pursuing two new leads in the case.

The Freedom Fighters activist group will return to the Edgewood Square Apartments at 7 p.m. Monday for a one-year anniversary remembrance event. Organizer Traci Fant said the group will once again speak with residents about the disappearance in hopes of getting new information. Deputies, relatives, and Tammy Oates Welch of Carolina Unsolved are expected to attend and speak at the event.

:tears:
#FindBabyLeonna!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member