Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charley Project

wright_leaona.jpg
wright_leaona6.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: June 6, 2015 from Pendleton, South Carolina
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: May 25, 2014
• Height and Weight: 2'0, 29 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Some agencies spell Leaona's name "Leonna" or "Leaoana." She was not yet walking by the time of her disappearance, but she was able to crawl.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A long white sleeper t-shirt.

Details of Disappearance
Leaona was last seen in Pendleton, South Carolina on June 6, 2015. Her mother, Kiara Sullivan, said she disappeared from their home at the Edgewood Square apartment complex on Cherry Street during the morning hours. Sullivan had left her three children in the care of her boyfriend, Travis Devon Jones, while she attended a party. She arrived home at 5:30 a.m. and gave Leaona a cup of juice. She checked on her once more, at 6:30 a.m., before going to bed. Sullivan said she and Jones woke up at 9:30 a.m. to find Leaona gone and the apartment door wide open. Sullivan theorized Leaona's three-year-old sister let her out. A neighbor called 911 and reported Leaona missing at 9:47 a.m.

On June 11, Leaona's sister and her six-year-old brother were taken into custody by the South Carolina Department of Social Services. Three weeks after Leaona's disappearance, Sullivan and Jones were arrested and charged with neglecting Leaona's three-year-old sister. Authorities stated a drug test proved the toddler had been exposed to cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamine, and both Sullivan and Jones tested positive for those drugs. Photos of them are posted below this case summary. Jones subsequently admitted he'd used drugs while caring for Leaona's sister, and pleaded guilty, but he hasn't been cooperative in the investigation into Leaona's disappearance.

Investigators openly questioned Sullivan's story; they stated they didn't believe Leaona's sister left the apartment door open and they didn't believe Leaona was even there when Sullivan arrived home at 5:30 a.m. that day. Police believe both Sullivan and Jones lied about the circumstances surrounding Leaona's disappearance and hindered law enforcement efforts to find the girl. However, no one has been charged in Leaona's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Agree w police.... Wish investigation was active. I'm guessing the apt was long since abandoned and re rented by now.

Charley Project

wright_leaona.jpg
wright_leaona6.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: June 6, 2015 from Pendleton, South Carolina
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: May 25, 2014
• Height and Weight: 2'0, 29 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Some agencies spell Leaona's name "Leonna" or "Leaoana." She was not yet walking by the time of her disappearance, but she was able to crawl.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A long white sleeper t-shirt.

Details of Disappearance
Leaona was last seen in Pendleton, South Carolina on June 6, 2015. Her mother, Kiara Sullivan, said she disappeared from their home at the Edgewood Square apartment complex on Cherry Street during the morning hours. Sullivan had left her three children in the care of her boyfriend, Travis Devon Jones, while she attended a party. She arrived home at 5:30 a.m. and gave Leaona a cup of juice. She checked on her once more, at 6:30 a.m., before going to bed. Sullivan said she and Jones woke up at 9:30 a.m. to find Leaona gone and the apartment door wide open. Sullivan theorized Leaona's three-year-old sister let her out. A neighbor called 911 and reported Leaona missing at 9:47 a.m.

On June 11, Leaona's sister and her six-year-old brother were taken into custody by the South Carolina Department of Social Services. Three weeks after Leaona's disappearance, Sullivan and Jones were arrested and charged with neglecting Leaona's three-year-old sister. Authorities stated a drug test proved the toddler had been exposed to cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamine, and both Sullivan and Jones tested positive for those drugs. Photos of them are posted below this case summary. Jones subsequently admitted he'd used drugs while caring for Leaona's sister, and pleaded guilty, but he hasn't been cooperative in the investigation into Leaona's disappearance.

Investigators openly questioned Sullivan's story; they stated they didn't believe Leaona's sister left the apartment door open and they didn't believe Leaona was even there when Sullivan arrived home at 5:30 a.m. that day. Police believe both Sullivan and Jones lied about the circumstances surrounding Leaona's disappearance and hindered law enforcement efforts to find the girl. However, no one has been charged in Leaona's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Still thinking about this baby. I had hoped she wouldn't have made it to Charley. Hoping whomever is responsible searches Leaona's name and sees that we will never forget until justice is served. By now we will never know the cause of death unless someone spills the beans and I don't see that happening anytime soon. *sigh*

Investigators have ‘fresh set of eyes’ on case of Baby Leonna, missing since June 2015, sheriff says

http://www.wyff4.com/article/investigators-have-fresh-set-of-eyes-on-case-of-baby-leonna-missing-since-june-2015-sheriff-says/8647163

“We have fresh sets of eyes looking over her case and several others. We’re reviewing them and we will be relentless in trying to pursue the truth of what happened to baby Leonna. We’re concerned about any cold case, but when it comes to children, we’re going to be extra vigilant and protective of our children,” McBride said.

McBride said the new captain of investigators met with investigators assigned to Leonna’s case last week and heard a complete review of the investigation.

He added that investigators had met with Leonna’s family a couple of months ago.

Sorry if I overlooked this, but when was the baby last seen by someone outside of the apartment?

How did the mother get to the party the night before the 911 call? Did someone pick her up or did she walk? Could she be responsible for removing the baby from the apartment? I mean somehow they got that baby out of there without being seen.

If this guy was using drugs in the apt, it's very possible that the baby put something in her mouth that poisoned her. You know how they are at that age...every thing goes in their mouth.

I had never heard of this case until yesterday when it was mentioned during the Devon Burton situation. Thank God Devon was found safe. I pray that this poor baby will never be forgotten and that some day LE will get to the bottom of this.

Ugh, nothing, nothing, nothing. It seems to me like the story is clear but the evidence isn't strong enough yet but that's just my own opinion. From February 2017:

"Somebody knows what happened to her," Leonna's mother, Kiara Sullivan, said Wednesday in an interview with the Independent Mail. "I don't understand why somebody won't just tell the truth. It depresses me, it hurts me, to not know what happened to her."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...asks-crime-stoppers-increase-reward/97349746/

Anderson area Crimestoppers has announced that the reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case of a missing toddler, Leonna Wright has increased to $10,000.
Activist Traci Fant has worked alongside Leonna Wright’s family since her June 2015 disappearance.

“Leonna’s become everybody’s baby,” said Fant “It’s just really hard to express what we’ve all been through.”

http://wspa.com/2017/02/16/live-reward-increased-in-missing-toddler-leonna-wright-case/

And now a blast from the past...

The 911 call:

https://soundcloud.com/mcmillanaim/911-call-for-missing-pendleton-child

And this...

Travis Jones pleaded guilty to the charges [of child neglect and probation violation] Wednesday morning. A judge sentenced him to three years in prison with credit for time served.

Deputies said Jones was the last adult to see one-year-old Leonna Wright before she was reported missing from the Edgewood Square apartments in Pendleton on June 6.
One of the children, a 3-year-old tested positive for meth, cocaine, and marijuana, deputies said, and both Jones and the children’s mother, Kiara Sullivan, were charged with unlawful neglect of a child.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/30260538/last-man-to-see-baby-leonna-sentenced

And finally, remember that the investigation ran into difficulties when it was learned that Sullivan and Jones lied initially about the circumstances of Leonna's disappearance. I dunno, call me jaded but sometimes 1 + 1 does equal 2... just sayin'.

I've read the whole thread. (I may have missed bits.) I'm so glad they tested the 3 yr old for drugs, Three were found in her system . Horrifying! '

Anyway that led to some other charges for the mother and boyfriend.

I am reminded of Haleigh Cummings and how I wished they had tested her little brother for drugs when she "went missing." I always thought that they dosed Haleigh and probably the brother too and gave her too much or she put something in her mouth.. This may be what happened to little Leona.

IDK the details of it all. Do they have to get a search warrant to test a child or permission from a parent? Bc I cant see the mother giving permission for that. Anyway, I'm so glad they tested that child.

Wow, all this time later and still nothing? Poor Leona :maddening:

Today marks three years since baby Leonna disappeared in Pendleton

Wednesday marks three years since a baby went missing from her apartment in Anderson County and has never been found.

Leonna Wright was reported on June 6, 2015 from Edgewood Apartments in Pendleton.

The child was never located and Anderson County deputies said they are still investigating the disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1
Back