Found Deceased SC - Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves, 35, Columbia, 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really wish we could say for sure that the domestic violence incident and the hospital bill were related. It seems logical that they were.

The next question would be how long was he incarcerated - because if nobody saw her after she was in the ER, that may also suggest that she left voluntarily, since he may still have been incarcerated when she was released from the hospital. Or, he may have been released quickly, it's hard to say. I don't recall the records showing what the sentence was, although it may have? I wasn't really looking for the sentencing info when I looked, so I'm not sure. I'll try to check again sometime tonight if I can. I'm having some internet issues today. :(

I just closed them all lol
They are all Arrest Date: 07/18/1994 with Filed Date: 08/16/1994 court date of 3/23/1995
2787-PUBLIC DRUNK Disposition Date 03/24/1995 Dismisssed Not Indicted
0157-DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Pled Guilty Disposition Date 03/23/1995
0326-RESISTING ARREST OR SERVICE OR PROCESS Pled Guilty Disposition Date 03/23/1995

Public Index link

Are these the same man? The birth date matches:

2012A4021600140/ 0685-DOMESTIC/CRIM DOMEST VIOLENCE-3RD/SUB OF / 2001
F190695/ 0256-RESISTING/ASSLT POLICE OFFICER SERV PROC / 1998

It might not hurt to check surrounding counties.

Will have to look when I'm on a computer. Been one of those weeks that I'm out every day
Lo's sister gave DNA a few weeks ago so will take 2 months before it shows. Thankful they finally took it! She's been trying to get it done since April!

I just came across this thread, and then came across the video on another site http://www.missingandunsolved.com/south-carolina/
Just putting the video here for reference:

[video=youtube;sMnEbrQtOjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMnEbrQtOjw[/video]

Thank you! My grandson has been sick; haven't had time to even watch since her sister & friend sent it to me on FB

I believe the Richland County public index pulls from all counties. These all should be him. There should also be something from NY State 1981-1991. Ready to walk out the door

If anyone has contact with Lori's family members, I wonder if anyone knows if she had any scars, surgical scars specifically. Also, the domestic violence case against her husband in 1994, do we know if that was with Lori or someone else?

Lori's sister was trying to figure out if Lori was missing & when was she last seen when I posted here. She has learned a lot since then; such as Lori's marriage to NR. What we believe happened was that NR's DV case was with Lori; we think she went to the hospital; she couldn't paid & was sued. Records indicate she was served; but we do not know if it was in person. We also do not know if she was at the disposition in 95 & are trying to get records via Freedom of Information Act as well as the mug shot as it would be the last known photo of Lori. I'm in contact with her sister & friend; they are both here as well.

Have a busy day; having my coffee; Lori should have finger prints on file. I asked Pam Reed if she could get them; she didn't answer me. Can turn this in saying to see if she can get the prints..

Rose, has the family looked into the first woman mentioned in this article? Found 02/10/97 in Riverside, CA. She had a love letter with her that was in English and Gaelic. I don't see Lori on the woman's excluded list.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...iverside-county-unidentified-bodies/24717147/
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7026

Thank you for checking but I do not believe there is a connection. In 1997 Lori would have been 38 and the unidentified women was estimated to be 50-60.

Lori made #2 in the article below!

9 Infamous Bone-Chilling Unsolved Mysteries In South Carolina Posted on 12 April, 2015 | In South Carolina

Every state has its unsolved mysteries and South Carolina, unfortunately, is not without its own. No one wants to think that there is evil that walks among us; an evil that stalks the dark and steals the light. We must not forget the ones that have left us mysteriously. Somewhere out there is someone who knows something about each one of these mysteries and it is up to us to not let them grow cold.

Attachments

• 9InfamousBoneChillingUnsolvedMysteriesInSC.jpg
    9InfamousBoneChillingUnsolvedMysteriesInSC.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 37
Lori has been found deceased. Prayers to her family and Sandy her best friend.

See the post on the FB page

Our search has come to an end. It was confirmed yesterday that Lori passed away December 2, 1994.

Lori Jane Eblin - Reaves - Richardson
born October 4, 1959, in Columbus, OH
died December 2, 1994, in Columbia SC

For nearly twenty-five years, my friend, Lori Eblin/Reaves/Richardson was missing. Her four children, mother, and siblings had no contact with her since approximately 1992. During our search, it was discovered that Lori married a second husband in February 1994. Due to other court records from July 1994, it appeared that Lori may have been a victim of domestic violence. This left many of us to wonder and worry about what could possibly have happened to her. How did she disappear without a trace?

Many of you have followed our search and help spread the word about Lori since we started her Facebook page in 2011. Her sister, Debbie, and I have made some special friends along the way. People who volunteered to make online posters, create age-progression photographs, share posts, and spend their own time doing online searches.

At times it seemed impossible. It seemed that we would never have answers. But, we would never give up. Last week, one more person stepped up to help with the search. Jason Hanna, from Greenville, SC had found the record on Findagrave.com for a Lori Reeves buried in the Richland County Cemetery, with the birth year as 1959 and the death year as 1994. He sent a message to Lori’s page to let us know. The last name was spelled differently but we immediately contacted the Richland County Sheriff’s Department investigator, Dottie Cronise. She said she would contact the Coroner’s office to find more information.

Jason volunteered to drive 1 ½ hours last Saturday to find the gravesite and take a photo. He called Lori’s sister, Debbie, as he entered the cemetery to find the marker. It did have the last name spelled as Reeves but we felt it had to be Lori. He took photographs and videos to show exactly where the gravesite was located. It was very touching that he also brought flowers to place on her grave.

Yesterday afternoon, Debbie received a phone call from Investigator Dottie Cronise and Bill Stevens from the Richland County Coroner's office. They confirmed that the gravesite Jason found was for Lori. She had died on December 2, 1994, in Columbia, SC. I am not sharing the details of how she died but there was no foul play involved.

Please keep Lori’s family in your prayers. Her four children were all under 18 when she went missing. It could not have been easy for them all these years to not know what happened to their mother. Lori’s mother passed away in 2007 without answers.

We are fortunate to end this search and with some sort of closure. I’m not sure what that means to all of you but today it still doesn’t seem possible to me that she left this earth at the young age of 35. I know Lori would want us to remember the happy times we spent with her.

Rest in peace, my dear friend.
Sandy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic