SC SC - Marjorie 'Gayle' McCaffrey, 36, West Ashley, 18 March 2012 *husband guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to SC state law, it appears he was transporting the gun lawfully.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:
...SNIPPED...
(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver’s license, registration, or proof of insurance;

According to SC state law, it appears he was transporting the gun lawfully.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:
...SNIPPED...
(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver’s license, registration, or proof of insurance;

Maybe I'm misreading this. It's OK to carry a handgun in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, etc. And it's OK to open the glove compartment, console or trunk in LE's presence. BUT Bob McCaffrey's handgun was ON the center arm rest, not IN it. It wasn't "secured"--it was right out there.

"When all that was transpiring and he's getting out his license, digging for the information, that's when I first discovered the gun and first observed it on the center arm rest," Lavery said.
http://www.live5news.com/story/18430424/police-man-suspected-in-wifes-dissappearance-had-gun#.T7Md7sRUbWI.facebook

That seems unlawful, and if so, I wonder why BM wasn't cited for that.

In listening to the exchange between BM and the LEO it seemed more like a good ole boy exchange as to "affairs of the heart". BM stated he was having marital problems and drove 4 hrs to see his gf. At the end of the exchange BM does mention his dad is retired PD from NJ?(have to listen again) but the LEO clearly was sympathetic to his plight as far as having marital problems imo, even giving him advise! I was like, "what the heck? It's dark thirty, BM states he's 4 hrs from home, caught speeding and from the article he hands him his cell to talk to the GF. (imo to establish an alibi) the LEO see's the gun and does nothing but give him a speeding ticket?

Really?

In listening to the exchange between BM and the LEO it seemed more like a good ole boy exchange as to "affairs of the heart". BM stated he was having marital problems and drove 4 hrs to see his gf. At the end of the exchange BM does mention his dad is retired PD from NJ?(have to listen again) but the LEO clearly was sympathetic to his plight as far as having marital problems imo, even giving him advise! I was like, "what the heck? It's dark thirty, BM states he's 4 hrs from home, caught speeding and from the article he hands him his cell to talk to the GF. (imo to establish an alibi) the LEO see's the gun and does nothing but give him a speeding ticket?

Really?

I totally agree, CP. If I were the LEO, I'd be rather embarrassed for having seen the gun in the car, noticing it wasn't in a closed trunk or console, and doing nothing about it. Logically there would be zero reason for BM to keep the gun out in plain sight while driving.

unless he was in such a tizzy and didn't even realize it was there. after killing your spouse, leaving your kids alone at home and driving hours - i am sure you would be in a fog. i hope he is arrested asap

Maybe I'm misreading this. It's OK to carry a handgun in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, etc. And it's OK to open the glove compartment, console or trunk in LE's presence. BUT Bob McCaffrey's handgun was ON the center arm rest, not IN it. It wasn't "secured"--it was right out there.

http://www.live5news.com/story/18430424/police-man-suspected-in-wifes-dissappearance-had-gun#.T7Md7sRUbWI.facebook

That seems unlawful, and if so, I wonder why BM wasn't cited for that.

I thought the gun was in the center console. If it was sitting out, that sounds like it wouldn't be legal.

If this guy was involved in his wife's disappearance, I think this guy will cough up the truth if they press him. He seems like he's weighted down by something that he wants to get off his chest. It just might be a confession.

I was thinking about this case today. I hope they locate her and, if necessary, make an arrest.

Just checking to see if there has been any updates? I'm up here in Virginia and we were vacationing in Charleston when she disappeared. Are they still searching for her? I think about her alot. Praying they'll find her soon!

I look for some sort of update on Gayle at least 5 days a week. The lack of searching has me baffled and sad for her. Personally if my family member were missing I would be searching every chance I had. That being said her family has been very private so we don't know what they may be doing outside of the media spotlight. Maybe it's time they started to speak up again and apply some pressure?

McCaffrey's sister says brother-in-law has moved on

The sister of Gayle McCaffrey says her brother-in-law has moved on with his life with a new woman in North Carolina.

Banach says she feels angry about the entire situation, knowing the two children don't have a mother, and their father is carrying on elsewhere.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/19183...-is-in-new-relationship#.UBy-Qdop_Z0.facebook

What kind of idiot woman would take up with a man whose wife is missing under these circumstances??!! :banghead: The stupidity of some people is mind-boggling. What are the odds she has minor children as well?

So is this a NEW woman, or the same one he was already seeing? I don't have FB so can't check out the comments... :(

So is this a NEW woman, or the same one he was already seeing? I don't have FB so can't check out the comments... :(

It's a new woman

A new article with comments as well, hopefully you can see these

Family hopes billboard of missing woman helps solve her disappearance

The search for McCaffrey is now getting help from a missing persons organization that has been utilized in other high profile disappearances in South Carolina in the past.

Officials from Community United Effort (CUE) said they will be assisting the Charleston County Sheriff's Office on the case.

http://www.live5news.com/story/1931...-to-join-mccaffrey-case#.UDLM_ELuUdg.facebook

It's a new woman

A new article with comments as well, hopefully you can see these

Family hopes billboard of missing woman helps solve her disappearance

The search for McCaffrey is now getting help from a missing persons organization that has been utilized in other high profile disappearances in South Carolina in the past.

Officials from Community United Effort (CUE) said they will be assisting the Charleston County Sheriff's Office on the case.

http://www.live5news.com/story/1931...-to-join-mccaffrey-case#.UDLM_ELuUdg.facebook

I'm not surprised it's a new woman. it was reported that the last girlfriend was cooperating with the police against Bob McCaffrey.

This new one? I completely understand what with the eligible-male shortage in this country that pickings are slim, but really ... pretty desperate on the new girlfriend's part. And Bob's not even officially "eligible" yet--or is he? :seeya::waitasec:

I'm not surprised it's a new woman. it was reported that the last girlfriend was cooperating with the police against Bob McCaffrey.

This new one? I completely understand what with the eligible-male shortage in this country that pickings are slim, but really ... pretty desperate on the new girlfriend's part. And Bob's not even officially "eligible" yet--or is he? :seeya::waitasec:

BBM Good, I don't remember reading that

Her sister is posting here

http://www.facebook.com/groups/341009462617079/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member