SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, the POA was not properly notarized by the attorney/friend/church member. Interesting that attorney owns adjacent property to where Mica died.
I hope they go after the attorney, too. A signature can't be notarized a day later. It must be witnessed in real time and notarized at that time. Did he finish last in his class?!

he is a smooth talking preacher. Probably believes what comes out of his won mouth... once he says it,
So much has come to light that I cannot believe anyone in his former congregation could be fooled any longer by this con man. I refuse to refer to him as a preacher. I hope he never again is afforded that opportunity.

I am not evangelical by any definition. As a result, my knowledge of evangelicals is limited especially in regards to membership.

One big church in a nearby 'burb where I live describes itself as "evangelical" and has woman pastors. Then again, they also have a disclaimer on their website acknowledging that different, and equally valid, "con" opinions exist.

As for JP surviving affairs and divorces, I agree, that is usually a show stopper for evangelical pastors.

But.... JP appears to "run his own show", as both Pastor and board. As a result, he writes his own rules and can survive so long as he can spin things enough to keep a critical mass of congregants.
Here's hoping that whatever he calls himself, no one else refers to him ever again as their pastor. I fear for anyone who has the misfortune of meeting him, especially any women or girls.

In the Ring camera in front of her apartment, she was listening to Necessary Endings by Dr. Henry Cloud. Cannot fully determine her state of mind "in the spur of the moment". However, this is concerning.

“If you’re hesitant to pull the trigger when things obviously aren't working out, Henry Cloud’s Necessary Endings may be the most important book you read all year.” —Dave Ramsey, New York Times bestselling author of The Total Money Makeover

That book is all about letting go of relationships so that we can move forward in life. It's completely in alignment with what her Dad said that she was looking forward to her new life without JP.

I mean....Mica's sister was clearly the closest person to her and whom Mica wanted to be in control of her affairs and Mica told her if she died by gun shot, it was the husband.

That is the #1 piece of evidence that stands out to me. The end.
Yes, this! 100%

I am going to make a different bet than at @SteveP (though I think his bet is well informed).

Surviving scandal, whether it is a wayward pastor, a "re-created" politician, a shady businessman etc. was easier to do in the pre internet / mass social media names. Local TV news and newspaper reports of the scandal could be brief and not in depth. A certain number of people neither read the newspapers, nor watched TV news.

Thus, with brief and often general negative news, wayward Pastor types had an easier time going into spin control, then re-booting, re-imaging and driving on.

But with mass social media, scandal stories do not "go away". Nor is the news general. Rather, disturbing details are also readily available: Met 'M' as a minor at his parish- then married her- she the commits suicide, divorced from mother of five, the existence of an "church" airplane, investments in a bar etc.

None of the above are "show stoppers" when viewed individually. But the totality? I just dont think he can maintain a critical mass of attendees. As a result, my bet is that he is sunk.
I agree. Now coming to a used car dealership near (with my luck) me!!

Yes. Why wouldn’t her estranged husband pastor JP ask for an autopsy to eliminate any suspicions that Mica’s death was anything but a suicide? Did he fear that something would be uncovered?

And why not at least conduct toxicology to help understand if Mica had been under the influence of something that might have contributed to her decision to kill herself?

My gosh, if this was someone I loved and had been with for many years I would want to know everything possible to explain what happened, even if I was no longer in a relationship.

The pastor’s behavior feels so cold, especially for a supposed man of God.
JMO
At best he comes off as cheap and money-driven. moo

IMO it is peaceful in the woods. Go out there in nature and just find a spot and let go of all your worries, pain and suffering.

Rest in peace.
Until a rattlesnake... I just don't see Mica going into those particular woods, not by her own design anyway. jmoo

And, how does someone find a bullet hole in a tree? Unless you are deliberately looking for it how would you even know it was there in the first place?!
Either her father was told something, or they saw something to let them to believe that.
If it's the same caliber as she bought, that could leave a sizeable and highly noticeable hole in a tree. imeo

Goooood griefffff!! I have never been to a church that required tithing for membership. While tithing is biblical and some churches will emphasize it more than others, it has been in my experience really an issue between each individual and God. This required tithing for membership is a huge red flag that this is not an actual church bur a cult. JMO
And does the requirement itself mean that they shouldn't be tax exempt? It sure seems like it to me.

I can't find the link now, but I saw a video on YouTube, via a local TV station, of the former co-pastor of the Solid cRock Church. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) He was not on the payroll, besides a small stipend, and now the main pastor is buying an airplane? That was when he knew something really was not right.
The airplane was what tipped him off to things not being right!?!?

I agree with @SteveP - JP was at the game. IMO, JP had no direct hand in this (no, I don’t think there was a hit man … MOO, there was very little Mia could’ve done to make this clearer that it was a solo suicide. She called 911 to personally report it. MOO, I can’t think of any suicide on Websleuths in recent memory that was as unequivocal as this one). That said: MOO: what is of interest in this case is that JP groomed her, was no saint, and then psychologically she went to the brink, and who is at fault for something like that, a situation that complex? That’s the conversation I’d love for us to be having.
Not everyone views it as unequivocal. If you've used AI or manipulated audio much, you might be in the equivocal camp, too. moo

It appears that JP has ended up as the administrator of Mica's estate. So I would think that unless there was a voluntary agreement between JP and Mica's family as part of the global agreement, then JP would be given possession of Mica's remains. But we don't know if that is the case, as the voluntary agreement may have included that Mica's remains were being given to her family for burial. In any event, the confidentiality clause of the agreement may mean that they can't talk about this.
This is all very disappointing.

The unified front means all pending lawsuits between Mica’s family, John-Paul and his Solid Rock Ministries have been addressed through a global settlement whose terms are confidential — including control of Mica’s estate.

“This is over. This global agreement is Mica’s justice. The next step is the legislative goal. We only ask that you remember Mica as the wonderful, beautiful person that she was,” said Russell Long, an attorney for John-Paul Miller.

It also means that John-Paul won’t face any civil wrongful death claims tied to Mica’s April 27 suicide at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County.
I wish someone would have fought as hard for the truth as Mica did to get away from JPM. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back