SC - Michael Davidson, 16, shot to death in Gaffney robbery, 8 May 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the 'shoplifter' comment was in reference to a poster saying 'shoot the robber before they become killers' so i said 'well how far do back to do want to go back in prevention.' i was in no way comparing these armed robbers to shoplifters.

I agree that was an odd comment about his shoes, makes me wonder how the boy was affording "the best shoes" and perhaps it was by doing robberies.
I have never been held up by gunpoint so really have no idea in how I would react if I just happened to have a loaded gun available. My biggest fear would be if everyone there would end up being taken in the back and killed like has happened at times. Did the robbers use any type of disguise or were they not concerened about someone being able to ID them? If they did not hide their identity I would be even more scared that they did not intend to leave behind anyone who could ID them!
The fact that not all of the robbers were killed makes me think killing them was not their intention or more would be dead.
Also, I'm wondering if because someone did die during their armed robbery, will the others be charged with murder also since it was their criminal acts that brought it about?

VB

I agree that was an odd comment about his shoes, makes me wonder how the boy was affording "the best shoes" and perhaps it was by doing robberies.
I have never been held up by gunpoint so really have no idea in how I would react if I just happened to have a loaded gun available. My biggest fear would be if everyone there would end up being taken in the back and killed like has happened at times. Did the robbers use any type of disguise or were they not concerened about someone being able to ID them? If they did not hide their identity I would be even more scared that they did not intend to leave behind anyone who could ID them!
The fact that not all of the robbers were killed makes me think killing them was not their intention or more would be dead.
Also, I'm wondering if because someone did die during their armed robbery, will the others be charged with murder also since it was their criminal acts that brought it about?

VB

if they have felony murder laws there, yes.

then again they do in nc and yet shayna davis mom still isnt charged

Frankly, I think that if they shot them, they meant to kill them. The fact that they weren't that good of a shot doesn't necessarily mean that they weren't trying to kill them. Why kill one and not the others? I don't think one just accidentally died.

I think for ME the biggest part of this is intent and honestly, we won't ever know if he's honest or not on if he felt threatened at that particular moment. Maybe he was, I could see how. Or maybe he was pissed. who knows but him? however, my pops always told me...if you pull a gun you better be ready to use it...other people will be. It seems like IF these teens had guns then maybe someone could have told them that and made them think twice about carrying them. Or maybe the scenario would be worse. Who's to say :(

Threatened or pissed, these kids were ROBBING the place, STEALING what didn't belong to them. Why would anyone defend them?

Frankly, I think that if they shot them, they meant to kill them. The fact that they weren't that good of a shot doesn't necessarily mean that they weren't trying to kill them. Why kill one and not the others? I don't think one just accidentally died.

I agree. I think the workers were shooting to kill. After all, the robbers were armed themselves.

i want to make it clear that i was in no way defending the robbers

The bottom line is when you rob someone you do not know how they will react. These people put themselves in harm's way trying to take something that didn't belong to them and terrorized people. Adrenaline is pumping, panicked regular citizens put in a situation they should have never been in. Nope, I'm not feeling any sympathy from what I've heard thus far.

who said anything about sympathy?

but not being sympathetic means i can excuse executions.

btw, if police were following them with a gun, they would fire warning shots if the supsects were running away from them.

who said anything about sympathy?

but not being sympathetic means i can excuse executions.

btw, if police were following them with a gun, they would fire warning shots if the supsects were running away from them.

I very much doubt it. Seems very dangerous to fire warning shots in a populated area.

not as dangerous as a shop owner with no firing experience shooting widly on a streent
Show me a link where it is a SOP for the police to fire warning shots in a populated area if a suspect is running away.

It's a crying shame that the sixteen year old was killed since he was so young. There's a pretty big difference between the 2 ages. Younger teens want to run around with friends and be part of a group, and that young kid sure took up with the wrong ones and I'd bet that he wasn't armed.

is there any reason why im being called out? because right now i feel like im the villian, simply cause i dont want to shoot people in the back.

maybe im nuts.

It's a crying shame that the sixteen year old was killed since he was so young. There's a pretty big difference between the 2 ages. Younger teens want to run around with friends and be part of a group, and that young kid sure took up with the wrong ones and I'd bet that he wasn't armed.

Big difference between what ages? There were three of them, two were 16, one 18.
I'd say all of them were pretty much close in age, and the one who died was the same age as the other one-16, so I don't get your point at all.

would i shoot an intruder in my home? yes. would i shoot someone trying to rob me in my store? yes (if i had a store) would i stop to help someone who was being attacked? yes.

but if push came to shove and i had a gun and people we're running (armed or not, robbing me or not) could i pull the trigger? i cannot see me doing that, no.

and i dont understand why i've had to defend my position on this all day.

well i feel if i shoot a robber in the back, while hes running, that makes me as cowardly and evil as he is. can i live with myself lowering myself to or below his level?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back