Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtFem at beach, dolphin tat, May'13 - Robin Kelly

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is an events in May page here for South Carolina.
I was wondering if also maybe she was into music or the arts - I also wondered if she was a stall holder or something like that, someone that travels around from place to place setting up stalls at Festivals or Events.

My husband is a tattoo artist with nearly a decade of experience and we own our studio. Because of this, I am often drawn to the tattoos of unidentified people. We both agree that this wasn't a new tattoo (my husband thinks it's at least 10 years old), but it's hard to date a tattoo on a deceased person, verses a living one and seeing it in a photo, verses seeing it in real life. Still, the tattoo is healed so definitely not new.
Another interesting bit of information, until 2006 tattooing was illegal in South Carolina. So if it is over ten years old, she either didn't get it in SC, or she got it from an illegal artist.

I agree. I have several tattoos and one of them on my ankle has bright colors still. that one was done when I was 19 and I'm now 38 but the colors are still as bright as this woman's.

also, I know that bike week was brought up and then someone noted that she had expensive dental work. that comment seemed to suggest that because she had expensive dental work, then she probably wasn't at bike week because it is an undesirable place to be. honestly, that isn't true. bike week (all over the USA at least) is a place where people of all backgrounds gather due to their love of bikes. sure, some are from a rough crowd, but by no means are they all. I live in NH and our bike week is pretty big and you can see the rough ones chatting with your local doctor because they are both there for a common reason. being well to do does not exclude you from liking bikes and attending bike week. although there really isn't any evidence that this woman was at bike week at all.

another thing I noticed is that people are focusing on missing persons who have been missing for extended periods of time. I highly doubt you'll find this lady in those reports. besides the fact that she hasn't been identified yet, there is nothing that suggests that she was missing before her death. I have a feeling that this is someone who has been on vacation for the summer and that no one even realizes that she's missing yet. I just returned from Myrtle Beach yesterday and there are people from all over vacationing there, many of them for months at a time.

I agree. I have several tattoos and one of them on my ankle has bright colors still. that one was done when I was 19 and I'm now 38 but the colors are still as bright as this woman's.

also, I know that bike week was brought up and then someone noted that she had expensive dental work. that comment seemed to suggest that because she had expensive dental work, then she probably wasn't at bike week because it is an undesirable place to be. honestly, that isn't true. bike week (all over the USA at least) is a place where people of all backgrounds gather due to their love of bikes. sure, some are from a rough crowd, but by no means are they all. I live in NH and our bike week is pretty big and you can see the rough ones chatting with your local doctor because they are both there for a common reason. being well to do does not exclude you from liking bikes and attending bike week. although there really isn't any evidence that this woman was at bike week at all.

another thing I noticed is that people are focusing on missing persons who have been missing for extended periods of time. I highly doubt you'll find this lady in those reports. besides the fact that she hasn't been identified yet, there is nothing that suggests that she was missing before her death. I have a feeling that this is someone who has been on vacation for the summer and that no one even realizes that she's missing yet. I just returned from Myrtle Beach yesterday and there are people from all over vacationing there, many of them for months at a time.

I agree with you both about the bike week aspect and about her likely background. She looks like a retiree or tourist who went out for a morning walk and swim, and either fell in the water or couldn't make it back to shore.

It won't surprise me if her last-seen date is actually after the date she was found, similar to the house painter in Virginia Beach who had a heart attack and died but wasn't reported missing for a month.

I live in an area of NC where driving to Myrtle Beach for the weekend is almost as common as driving to the grocery store. This is the first I have heard of this unidentified drowning victim, and I keep up with the news. So much for the media's help with this case. I have to believe someone, somewhere knows who she is.

The woman's description fits many females I know, but she doesn't look familiar to me. I am going to email local news stations to see if they will pick up the story.

Just read all the posts today, one thing I noticed looking at google map of the area she was found, there is a fishing pier about 2 miles north of where she was found and another about a mile south. Is it possible she fell off the end of a pier, drowned and her body drifted with the currents?

I lived in Myrtle Beach one summer while on college break back in the 80's. I met a lot of people from all over the country, and even from other countries (lots of Canadians). This lady could be from anywhere but it still seems odd that apparently either no one in her life knew where she was going or has missed contact with her after almost two months. That part of it, plus there doesn't seem to have been a vehicle found, makes me wonder about foul play. I wonder if anyone has set up a facebook page about her?

I keep thinking that she started out on a boat and fell (or was forced) overboard and ended up on the MB shoreline. There are many people who "live off the hook" -they are full-time liveaboards, but do not stay in a marina. Instead they anchor offshore. Someone with this lifestyle might not have regular contact with friends and family due to the lack of reliable internet and cellular service (which is expensive on a moving vessel) or simply because they are reclusive by nature. If this is the case, it might be a good long while before friends and family even know that she's missing. I think I'll gather the images and put together a digital flyer to post on the liveaboard and off the hook forums. If she is a boater, maybe someone on one of those forums has seen her. It's worth a shot.

I think this is very likely also. She could have fallen off a boat or it went down or capsized. Possibly she was with a companion who also perished but never washed up. The reason I feel like she was on a boat or a pier vs. beach-combing is that she was wearing tennis shoes. On a boat, shoes protect the feet from hot decks, climbing ladders and slips on wet surfaces. On the sand, it is just more comfortable to go barefoot (for me).

Found this case and posted because the picture of the missing woman resembles the UID drowning victim composite sketch. However, the article states this woman went missing 6/24. I supposed if the person who reported her missing did her harm, they might have waited a while to make the report.

http://www.1320am.com/missing-from-...otte-diane-dee-dee-donaldson-aka-diane-adams/

Yes, she does resemble the sketch,
But the Missing Person body was found and identified.
Details here (LINK) - :(

Found this case and posted because the picture of the missing woman resembles the UID drowning victim composite sketch. However, the article states this woman went missing 6/24. I supposed if the person who reported her missing did her harm, they might have waited a while to make the report.

http://www.1320am.com/missing-from-...otte-diane-dee-dee-donaldson-aka-diane-adams/

I was looking around for info on this MP. I thought she seemed like a match as you suggested.

I was surprised to find her funeral information. Apparently she died on June 17th, but must not have been found until late July.

http://www.cochranfuneralhomes.com/.../Adams-Donaldson-Charlotte-Diann/obituary.php

I was looking again at the UID images on NAMUS. I accidentally magnified them somehow and noticed a good size laceration and other surrounding marks to her neck. Yikes!

I was looking again at the UID images on NAMUS. I accidentally magnified them somehow and noticed a good size laceration and other surrounding marks to her neck. Yikes!

She may have sustained injuries in the water from stinging jellyfish or debris. The lacerations are quite fresh. I didn't read in any report that there was any injuries prior to her being pulled from the water.
But they do look raw. Poor lady.
I hope there is someone out there missing her - she needs to be identified.

As we discussed earlier in the thread, many people wear sneakers walking in the sand, or wading/swimming in the ocean, to protect their feet from getting cut on shells, glass, etc.

Also, somebody thought the abrasions might have been from the ventilation equipment used to attempt to revive her.

As we discussed earlier in the thread, many people wear sneakers walking in the sand, or wading/swimming in the ocean, to protect their feet from getting cut on shells, glass, etc.

Also, somebody thought the abrasions might have been from the ventilation equipment used to attempt to revive her.

Yes, I know that she was wearing shoes.

I'm an RN, and have helped resuscitate many patients in the ER. I can't imagine any reason why she would have gotten a laceration from CPR or even being intubated.

I suppose it could have occurred while pulling her out of the ocean.

I commented because it seemed a little out of place to me.

I'm an RN, and have helped resuscitate many patients in the ER. I can't imagine any reason why she would have gotten a laceration from CPR or even being intubated.

Sorry, I wasn't responding to your post. Somebody said they thought she had to have fallen off a boat because she was wearing shoes and people don't wear shoes on the beach (paraphrasing), and I was pointing them to the earlier discussion. But I don't see the post I was responding to any more :p I knew I should have quoted so I could find it again...

I noticed the scratch very early on (I think I made a comment like 8 posts into this thread) and everyone said it was from a jellyfish :( but it looks like scratch marks to me, you know, from fingernails. Granted, I have no clue how jellyfish stings look so..

I noticed the scratch very early on (I think I made a comment like 8 posts into this thread) and everyone said it was from a jellyfish :( but it looks like scratch marks to me, you know, from fingernails. Granted, I have no clue how jellyfish stings look so..

Jellyfish stings look a lot like you scraped your fingernails across your skin :p Nasty raw red things.

Just googled a Jellyfish sting. The mark on the UID looks different. I'm wondering if maybe she had something around her neck -- like goggles or sunglasses -- and they got stuck on a rock while she was drifting in the water. Maybe they were eventually tugged off and that's why they haven't been found.

I don't want to go down this road, but it also could be a sign of foul play -- perhaps from someone holding a knife to her throat before they threw her off a boat...

100% speculation at this point. Sadly there's not much to go off of.

Yeah, they don't look like the jellyfish stings I found on google. There is a particularly large gash at the bottom of the pack that looks deep enough to see the fat. Perhaps she ran into a rock or a reef...

Just googled a Jellyfish sting. The mark on the UID looks different. I'm wondering if maybe she had something around her neck -- like goggles or sunglasses -- and they got stuck on a rock while she was drifting in the water. Maybe they were eventually tugged off and that's why they haven't been found.

I don't want to go down this road, but it also could be a sign of foul play -- perhaps from someone holding a knife to her throat before they threw her off a boat...

100% speculation at this point. Sadly there's not much to go off of.

Foul play crossed my mind too.

IMO, based on her clothing and seemingly well nourished, she doesn't look like a transient. I'm very surprised she isn't identified yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rix17
Back