Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Dec'13 - David Mino

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ah I understand. Good thinking. So I worked on the picture and it's definitely not the same pendant but I could tell that it is a "loop cross". I'll try and find a similar cross online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8a6u5yge.jpg

Disregard the stone in the middle because it's too difficult to see any real detail on the cross but this is what I meant by a loop cross pendant. This particular one came from Walmart. It's just the first loop cross I found on a google image search.

8a6u5yge.jpg

Disregard the stone in the middle because it's too difficult to see any real detail on the cross but this is what I meant by a loop cross pendant. This particular one came from Walmart. It's just the first loop cross I found on a google image search.

Oh, that's pretty. Thank you!

But not what we're looking for.

Nope it's nothing like this UID's necklace but good thinking Carbuff

I can't find a WS thread on Kareem Jamaal Ward. Can anyone else verify that there isn't one.

Hmmm I thought there was? But I could be wrong

I don't see one either. There definitely should be

Huh, I thought there was one. Guess we need to start it.

So there is a chance that he was a tourist because no one has reported him missing in this general area.

Can you get this particular necklace from a local shop in MB?

And I wish we knew the brand of the swim trunks. :banghead:

He's in NamUs now!
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11933

DEMOGRAPHICS
  • Race: White
  • 35 - 60 years old
  • Estimated to be 67 inches (5'7) tall
  • NamUs doesn't have a postmortem interval listed, but we know (from news reports) that these were skeletal remains and have been there for around 4 years

CIRCUMSTANCES
  • Skeletal remains found scattered at surface level
  • Address: Tidewater Road, 29577, Myrtle Beach, Horry County, SC

PHYSICAL
  • Missing one pair of ribs. He has 11, most people have 12
  • Evidence of prior surgery to treat a broken neck or spinal fusion
  • Evidence of a Halo fixation device
  • He had a number of healed fractures. Two on his left rib, healed facial fractures around the nasal area, and (possibly) a fracture to the pubic bone.
  • No hair or eye color specified

CLOTHING
  • Sun-bleached greenish-yellow swimming trunks. No size
  • Yellow and white metal chain with one yellow and white metal cross with clear strones. ''Spike's'' engraved on back of cross

DNA/DENTALS
  • DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted
  • Dentals: Available and will be entered later

NamUs has several pictures up right now. Three are of the cross, one of the swimming trunks and one is an aerial view of where the body was found.

bumping

ok so Im looking at these swim trunks trying to find something similar online. I think the black thing is a buckle that houses a strap that helps tighten the shorts, kind of like a drawstring. And it looks like there is grey lining inside the trunks and it also looks like the pockets are zipper pockets.

Thoughts?

My husband has a pair similar to that. They have a mesh underwear-like lining and a nylon web belt; the style is often called "canoe shorts" or "paddle shorts." They can be worn as swimwear or as regular casual shorts. Yes, the lining is often gray.

Here's a similar pair from LLBean: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/72774?feat=511548-GN1&page=swift-river-shorts

The style was more popular about five years ago to ten years ago.

My husband has a pair similar to that. They have a mesh underwear-like lining and a nylon web belt; the style is often called "canoe shorts" or "paddle shorts." They can be worn as swimwear or as regular casual shorts. Yes, the lining is often gray.

Here's a similar pair from LLBean: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/72774?feat=511548-GN1&page=swift-river-shorts

The style was more popular about five years ago to ten years ago.

Ok thats good to know. My hubs said they were swim trunks only because of the lining but I thought some guys would wear them as shorts too. These are much shorter than any swim trunks he has ever worn. There is not much length from the crotch area to the bottom of the trunks. Ive found some similar styles in Columbia and North Face brands.

ETA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Columbia-Me...d-Shorts-w-Pockets-Size-XXL-2XL-/360806718691

Ok thats good to know. My hubs said they were swim trunks only because of the lining but I thought some guys would wear them as shorts too. These are much shorter than any swim trunks he has ever worn. There is not much length from the crotch area to the bottom of the trunks. Ive found some similar styles in Columbia and North Face brands.

ETA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Columbia-Me...d-Shorts-w-Pockets-Size-XXL-2XL-/360806718691

Mr. Carbuff's are North Face. They are a bit short and he probably wouldn't wear them for anything other than extremely casual wear. But being as this is a resort area, it seems like the kind of thing a guy might be wearing most anywhere, most any time.

They look really close but there are some differences:

1)White logo on bottom leg -right side as you are looking at the photo

2) The black piping near the zippered pocket area going upward all the way to the waist.

3)The drawstring isn't the same.

My thoughts are the white brand name was worn off, maybe?

The drawstring/belt is gone and what is left we cannot see from the pic.

You've got me on the blackpiping,..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966