Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Dec'13 - David Mino

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, so far Michael King is the "best" match so far. As stated, the halo is going to be the key! While these devices or similar are used more frequently in the last several years due to updated technology, they were not previously. Therefore, someone of that age range it wasn't as common.

I also wanted to point out there is a large homeless population here in MB and in the summer you'll see many of the males wearing the older short swim trunks. Mainly because they've been distributed from an outreach program who receives donations or the person has gotten them from Salvation Army, ect.

Another thought, while at times we can have weather in the 60's - 70's in what would be winter months up north, Sept-March, during Dec-April time there can be a lot of people on the beach but you don't see them wearing bathing suits, unless there from Canada :lol: Most hotels right on/near the beach have indoor swimming pools or hot tub but that would mean something would've possibly happened at that location and he was dumped there. A scenario I can't really see happening without someone seeing something. I would think also someone taking a swim or hot tub during those cold months then keeping trunks on, even if dry, to run out to the store. I would think they would change into something warmer first. That's just my opinion but some other angles to look at.

I think Michael King is a good possible match. I know a few were saying about the height being off, I have seen many matches where the height was 5 inches off. Don't let that keep you from turning it in!

I called the coroner's office and was redirected to Lt. Peter Cestare, who's in charge of the case. He wasn't at his office at that time so he gave me his email address and I shot him an email with the information (along with a link to this thread). I'll tell you when I get a reply.

I didn't get an email back so I called Lt. Cestare to ask him if he got my email with the info about Michael King. He'd gotten it; i guess he just forgot to write back or something.

I also asked how long it would take for a dental comparison to be made and he said that he's not sure, but that they're working on getting our UID's dentals into NamUs and they'll be input (inputted?) today or tomorrow/Friday. And they'll contact LE in West Finley Township to get the dental records for Michael King.

I didn't get an email back so I called Lt. Cestare to ask him if he got my email with the info about Michael King. He'd gotten it; i guess he just forgot to write back or something.

I also asked how long it would take for a dental comparison to be made and he said that he's not sure, but that they're working on getting our UID's dentals into NamUs and they'll be input (inputted?) today or tomorrow/Friday. And they'll contact LE in West Finley Township to get the dental records for Michael King.

Wow, great work. Thank you! And thanks to Lt. Cestare.

Just got this email from Lt. Cestare

Samantha,
Michael King has been excluded from a match by his dental records.

I also checked NamUs and Michael King is now the first (and only) name on the UID's rule-out list.

Let's keep looking, everyone.

You should offer assertiveness classes or how to be persistent! Great job, and hopefully the next potential match will be the one!

Just got this email from Lt. Cestare

I also checked NamUs and Michael King is now the first (and only) name on the UID's rule-out list.

Let's keep looking, everyone.

Bummer. With that necklace description, I was sure it was going to be a match.

Back to the files.

Either more bones from the same person or new body/remains found same area? I have to wonder about serial killer as well.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=989217

Catching up on this thread, a little late....
According the LE, the bones are from the same person. The skull and one long bone (I heard it was the humerus) were found by the community group. Trained CUE searchers went out to the area and found all of the rest of the bones.

<snipped>
Being found in swim gear certainly doesn't make me think of a homeless man, but it just seems like if he had been reported he'd be found now.
<snipped>

The bones were not found in the swim trunks, but near them. I understand it was so close and weathered in the same manner that the trunks were strongly suspected to have been with the body.

FWIW, some charities in MB have handed out swim trunks, such as those found, to homeless men in the area in the past.

Possibly the person was hit by a train and part of him was drug further away.

Several sleuthers have mentioned the scattering of bones. After looking at the area myself, the most logical hypothesis I can offer is that the area was bush hogged within the last few months. All sorts of debris was thrown yards away from it's origin -- sticks, rocks, sheered tree limbs, etc.

Catching up on this thread, a little late....
According the LE, the bones are from the same person. The skull and one long bone (I heard it was the humerus) were found by the community group. Trained CUE searchers went out to the area and found all of the rest of the bones.

The bones were not found in the swim trunks, but near them. I understand it was so close and weathered in the same manner that the trunks were strongly suspected to have been with the body.

FWIW, some charities in MB have handed out swim trunks, such as those found, to homeless men in the area in the past.

Several sleuthers have mentioned the scattering of bones. After looking at the area myself, the most logical hypothesis I can offer is that the area was bush hogged within the last few months. All sorts of debris was thrown yards away from it's origin -- sticks, rocks, sheered tree limbs, etc.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

After looking at the area, would you think it's a place where somebody could have died by accident -- been there for some other reason and had a heart attack, for instance? Or more likely to have been dumped there.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rosenblum_alan.html

This one seems close because of the ribs and spine injuries.

Based on LKA location and dumpsite of car, could be possible this happened en route.

time difference and height off, but I still think the rib/spine connection is worth a rule out.

What an awful 'picture' of Alan in charleyproject. You would never know he had 'blonde' hair from that image.

I agree that he is worth submitting.

CHARLES OVERSTREET

- Race matches.
- Age and timing are both within range.
- The injuries match up, for the most part. Suffered facial trauma from a violent assault as an adult, and traumatic head injuries as child. Both could account for the healed nasal fractures and halo fixture.
- Conway, SC is only 14.1 miles away from Myrtle Beach.

The only things that bug me are his height and the history of scoliosis. He had it as a child and wore a back brace for it. I don't know how obvious the past scoliosis would be if it was treated when he was a child .. ?

CHARLES OVERSTREET

- Race matches.
- Age and timing are both within range.
- The injuries match up, for the most part. Suffered facial trauma from a violent assault as an adult, and traumatic head injuries as child. Both could account for the healed nasal fractures and halo fixture.
- Conway, SC is only 14.1 miles away from Myrtle Beach.

The only things that bug me are his height and the history of scoliosis. He had it as a child and wore a back brace for it. I don't know how obvious the past scoliosis would be if it was treated when he was a child .. ?

Charles Overstreet also wore jewelry regularly. Great find.
Usually wore gold and ruby masonic ring, shell necklace or arrowhead necklace, occasionally wore a watch.

DNA Collection

What does this mean? Is it possible that LE is already trying to match up Charles with the UID?

I called the coroner's office and was redirected to Lt. Peter Cestare, who's in charge of the case. He wasn't at his office at that time so he gave me his email address and I shot him an email with the information (along with a link to this thread). I'll tell you when I get a reply.

Migmuu - have you emailed Lt. Cestare with Charles Overstreet's info yet? Thank you for all your work on this UID!

Charles:

They both sound like possibilities. I say send them in.

Okay here are the three that I found that have had back or neck surgeries. None of them REALLY stick out to me like they could be our guy, but I still wanted to show what I found.

Bradley Olsen
Missing from Illinois since 2007, the only one that actually had a spinal fusion surgery. It was of the L5, which is high enough that it could be considered by some to be the neck. It says nothing about how he got it (Accident vs. I have no idea) and it doesn't even mention it in his Charley Project.

I just had spinal surgery on my L5-S1 vertebrae. L5 is your lumbar or low back. Neck vertebrae are called cervical. The next area is the part of your back near your chest called Thoracic it begins at your shoulders. Next is the lumbar region begins under your ribs and then the sacral region around your hip and then the tail bone or coccygeal. Here is a good diagram, scroll down a little.

Eta: Charles had scoliosis which is the curving of the spine in the thoracic and lumbar region usually.

Human vertebral column - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I e-mailed Det. Cestare about Charles Overstreet last night. No reply yet (not surprising, since it's Sunday).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back