Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Dec'13 - David Mino

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay here are the three that I found that have had back or neck surgeries. None of them REALLY stick out to me like they could be our guy, but I still wanted to show what I found.

Bradley Olsen
Missing from Illinois since 2007, the only one that actually had a spinal fusion surgery. It was of the L5, which is high enough that it could be considered by some to be the neck. It says nothing about how he got it (Accident vs. I have no idea) and it doesn't even mention it in his Charley Project.

Richard Allen McGrath
Missing from Cat Springs Texas since 1995, Namus says that he had "Cervical (neck) surgery - metal plate implant"

Richard Boissonneau
Missing from Hartford County, Connecticut since 1984, he seems the least likely because he wore a full plate of dentures and had a severe curvature of his spine. But he did have back surgery AND a scar on his forehead.

I wondered that too. Mainly because those shorts look short.

Also, re: halo.
Prosthetics and orthotics are grouped together. I have family that does that. He is often on call for "halo" duty. Usually a really bad car wreck or motorcycle accident will create the need.

Those shorts look really short, not like something a 20 something y/o would wear. I notice in the NAMUS profile the age listed is 35-60. Most guys I know wear shorts that go to their knees for casual wear or board shorts for swimming & surfing. Is that style of short popular again? I haven't really seen them like that in years, except on older men or foreigners. I know Hollister & Abercrombie sold short shorts the past couple of years but they weren't a popular sell. Is it possible the coroner may release the name brand of the shorts? Or would the tag be too dilapidated if its even still attached?

Just thought I'd add one more for consideration. Michael King - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8729/29/ Missing from Washington County, Pa. Last contact with family December 2008. Wore a halo after breaking his neck. No other mention of facial fractures but his one picture (bald one), looks like he could have had a broken nose. Also from tats, may have had a somewhat ruff existance/lifestle IMO. (Not judging, just moo). Myrtle Beach is a popular vacation spot for Pa. residents, about a 9 hr drive. Height is slightly off.

Those shorts look really short, not like something a 20 something y/o would wear. I notice in the NAMUS profile the age listed is 35-60. Most guys I know wear shorts that go to their knees for casual wear or board shorts for swimming & surfing. Is that style of short popular again? I haven't really seen them like that in years, except on older men or foreigners. I know Hollister & Abercrombie sold short shorts the past couple of years but they weren't a popular sell. Is it possible the coroner may release the name brand of the shorts? Or would the tag be too dilapidated if its even still attached?
That depends on how long the bones were there. This style was very common in the 80's and 90's. It is also possible that there was originally a shirt, but if it were made of cotton, it would be long since decomposed (where the shorts are probably nylon). (see attached pic of 80's swim trunks)

Attachments

• Hipster80sTrunks.jpg
    Hipster80sTrunks.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 38
Just thought I'd add one more for consideration. Michael King - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8729/29/ Missing from Washington County, Pa. Last contact with family December 2008. Wore a halo after breaking his neck. No other mention of facial fractures but his one picture (bald one), looks like he could have had a broken nose. Also from tats, may have had a somewhat ruff existance/lifestle IMO. (Not judging, just moo). Myrtle Beach is a popular vacation spot for Pa. residents, about a 9 hr drive. Height is slightly off.

This guy looks good. He's also got this: A diamond cut gold rope chain with a large crucifix.

Anybody in the MB area want to submit this one?

Michael King looks like a very good possibility. The age, race, timing, skeletal information (the halo), and jewelry description all match up.

My only concern is the large difference in height. The UID is believed to be 5'7 or 5'8, and Michael King is listed as being 6'0 on NamUs (and 6'1 on PAmissing). But it's definitely not enough to rule him out, as height isn't very reliable.

On PAmissing's profile of King's disappearance, it says:
It is also possible that a friend of his, a long-haul trucker, may have taken Mr. King with him.

If this is what happened, they could've ended up in Myrtle Beach. Nine hours isn't THAT long a drive for someone who's doing long-haul trucking.

Has anyone run across any missing bikers, specifically a Harley rider? Just judging by the jewelry, the prior injuries, and the fact that Myrtle Beach hosts a huge Harley rally each year, I would bet this guy very likely rides, probably a Harley, and maybe was reported missing from somewhere far away, as his family may not have known he was in MB for the rally.
I think if we find a missing biker we'll have a likely match!

This is a good find. I have seen the height way off even when they had an intact body.

I keep thinking the halo is the key. Although they are not that uncommon, add the factor of a missing person who had a halo and the odds increase, or would that be decrease?

I agree that Michael King looks like a good match. But I have one reservation, the swimming trunks. Would he have taken them along if he did go with his friend the long haul trucker? Have the police talked to the trucker? Or does no one have a name for him? The back of the unidentified's cross has "Spike" engraved on it, I wonder if Michael King's nickname could have been that?

I agree that Michael King looks like a good match. But I have one reservation, the swimming trunks. Would he have taken them along if he did go with his friend the long haul trucker? Have the police talked to the trucker? Or does no one have a name for him? The back of the unidentified's cross has "Spike" engraved on it, I wonder if Michael King's nickname could have been that?

If you read the rest of the thread, you'll find that Spike's is the brand name of the cross. We found the exact same one on their website.

Can anybody call in Michael King to the Horry County officials and the Pennsylvania authority looking for Michael? I have hearing issues that make the phone difficult for me.

I can call it in. I need to call in the PM for ''Shively'' Doe today anyway

Great job sleuthing... If it is MK, the trucker connection is interesting, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r
Back