SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you kill a person who is trying to harm you or your children, then that is the same as announcing "ima kill me some N-ggas!"? And then murdering in COLD BLOOD, in a CHURCH, while they PRAYED?

Really?

Good to know. Thanks. It's all the same. We should let this poor misunderstood lad go free. Maybe he can live with YOU.

First off, please do not put words in my mouth. Thank you.

Second off, not everyone agrees with the concept of hate crimes. Killing 9 people in a church of any color, creed, nationality, etc is equally disgusting. There does not need to be any special designation. To me, all lives are equally valuable. I cannot speak for your view about how valuable each life is. That is for you to decide.

My post said nothing about letting anyone go, and contrarily, I would prefer the electric chair for an evil killer. Sorry that you cannot understand that I think justice is blind, and we don't need a special category called hate crimes, especially for a horrible case like this one.

I mean, for you, maybe we have to put him in the electric chair twice, to appease your extra hate that you need fulfilled.

But you didn't encourage PE and more recess. It was a sweeping generalisation about gender stereotypes of children, equated with the psychology of hate filled mass murderers.

What?? Where you got that, I have no idea. I think you missed a post I wrote or read stuff into it that was never thought of by me.

If you kill a person who is trying to harm you or your children, then that is the same as announcing "ima kill me some N-ggas!"? And then murdering in COLD BLOOD, in a CHURCH, while they PRAYED?

Really?

Good to know. Thanks. It's all the same. We should let this poor misunderstood lad go free. Maybe he can live with YOU.

It is the same as walking into a school and killing a bunch of kids just because they are there. Or theatre and randomly killing as many as you can hit. I think that was what was meant. At least that's how I took it. To me, those are all equally horrible.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Sorry but I think you've got movie and TV aggression mixed up with temperamental differences between men and women. My husband has it taken care of just fine. Certain public institutions just do not help to raise men anymore. It definitely has to be home-schooled, so to speak.
I guess these days, words have too many meanings, and people always go for the most offensive version available to them. It is almost like people would rather get upset than actually communicate.

And sometimes people troll and antagonize just to upset and cause problems. I see it all over news articles and forums. It is really sick and sad.

Try raising three sons in today's time when they may get recess once every two weeks and PE twice a week for thirty minutes. Then the teachers wonder why the boys cannot sit still from 8:15 am until 3:15pm. And they want you to sit them down and make them do their homework right when they walk in the house.

Beg pardon? This only applies to boys? Lack of PE is causing the issue that you spoke of?

Makes no sense, IMO, and I raised twin boys in the not-so-distant past. My husband is a middle school teacher and hasn't said a word about his male students becoming "little girls".

We can respectfully agree to disagree.

But you can still either give them the death penalty or LWOP. The hate designation is just a paperwork thing to make prosecutors/politicians look tough on crime whether they are or not.

Not just a paperwork thing at all- it is a legal acknowledgment that people lost their lives simply because someone didn't like their race.

I don't understand this comment, as I have some tough young ladies-to-be in my life.

I can't speak for wendybtn, but only for myself.

My opinion is that boys aren't allowed to be boys anymore. They are forced to suppress their aggression. Many schools no longer have true physical education, no playgrounds. Instead of letting boys fight or play rough, they are expected to "get in touch" with their feelings. How is an alpha male supposed to be an alpha male if he can't compete to be an alpha male? We may be humans, but at the same time we are still mammals.

Just my two cents... computer games can't replace the playground.

So are people just straight up not believing that he was racially motivated or do they just want to nitpick about terminology?

Not just a paperwork thing at all- it is a legal acknowledgment that people lost their lives simply because someone didn't like their race.

I agree with your post but also wanted to say that Zahra's picture breaks my heart. I hope one day her murderer confesses.

So are people just straight up not believing that he was racially motivated or do they just want to nitpick about terminology?

See, when white people kill black people, they are troubled and maybe even innocent and victims of a smear campaign.

When black folks are looking "suspicious" they are "rhymes-with-rugs" and most likely guilty of whatever we say they are.

But you cannot kill him twice or keep him in prison longer than his one lifetime.

If you choose to be obtuse, I cannot help you. You have made up your mind and that's cool. I am all about personal choice.

Have a great night and sleep well, all.

CH0i2pIW8AA0JIp.jpg

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago

#DylannRoof booked into county jail at 7:28pm EDT. #CharlestonShooting

:cursing:

I see a lot of anger in Dylann Roof. The face is cold filled with anger. I would not be surprised if he is an injustice collector and constant complainer. I see that characteristic a lot with rampage killers.

I was away for a bit and gladly missed some of the more heated comments. This thread is going to get closed up if we don't all take it down a notch. There are political threads in the basement if that's the kind of debate that floats your boat. Please keep the thread open. This is an important case.

I just saw on Fox News a shot of the flowers left in front of the church and one note said "9 for the victims, 2 for the survivors, and 1 for the Roof family". Wow. Just another example of how generous of spirit and kind the people of SC are, I myself only have anger in my heart for this monster.

Reading details about the victims and seeing their pictures with their big wide smiles, living wonderful, full and amazing lives, all individuals who welcomed this person (stranger?) into their church with open arms and prayed with him for an hour, brings tears to my eyes and makes my stomach hurt. How cruel can humanity be? It's just so...sad.

:rose: My heart goes out to the victims and their families. My thoughts are with those who live in SC and everyone who is affected by this.

The problem is the gun culture in America that will not even allow us to require back ground checks to own a gun, to determine if the person is mentally competent to own a gun.

Two people can transfer a gun between each other. A business is required to do a background check in order to sell a gun.

A gun starts at the manufacturer. The guy who buys it from the manufacturer is usually a distributor. It has a paperwork trail. The distributor sells it to a legal gun dealer. There is paperwork. The gun dealer sells it to a buyer, there is paperwork. That buyer can do a person to person sale without paperwork. BUT they are the last known person to be on the hook for that gun. So if a crime happens, that gun is traced to them.

I don't think anyone is saying this wasn't racially motivated. I think that giving it "hate crime" status would push it into federal court. That would put him in federal prison, which are supposedly nicer than state prisons. Who would want that?

Can we move on from this discussion of hate? There's news coming out about his capture. Very interesting.

CH0m0ImWcAAYo3Q.jpg

Anderson Cooper 360° retweeted
Chuck Hadad ‏@ChuckHadadCNN 3h3 hours ago

Woman prays at vigil in front of Emanuel A.M.E. Church #CharlestonShooting

I don't think anyone is saying this wasn't racially motivated. I think that giving it "hate crime" status would push it into federal court. That would put him in federal prison, which are supposedly nicer than state prisons. Who would want that?

Can we move on from this discussion of hate? There's news coming out about his capture. Very interesting.

Probably end up in the Supermax in Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member