SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PD: There will be a reward offered tomorrow.

Just refused to say how many people hurt, or if the suspect called them. Believes it is a hate crime.

A reward will be announced tomorrow.

Chief does believe it was a hate crime.

Mayor Riley: 'Anyone who can walk into a church and shoot, it can only be hate.'

Eight deceased at the scene, a ninth died at the hospital, one other victim still alive at the hospital.

Shooter still at large, resources flying in to help find this suspect.

No victims names released, coroner is working on that now.

Mayor speaking - unspeakable tragedy. Has spoken with members of the families, heartbreaking.

Will announce a reward tomorrow (today). Not discussing the earlier arrest (photographer?). This is a HATE CRIME.

My comment: Someone watching this knows who this shooter is. The reward will help a lot if he isn't caught before they announce it.

Bomb threat is OVER, per chief of police.

Church spokesman Norville calls for prayer.

PD chief says no bomb threat any longer.

Another presser in 2 hours.

Bomb threat is over. Asking people to remain calm, stay indoors near the scene and out of the area.

PD chief added at the last min there are survivors. Think it was plural.

Thanks, all, for fine coverage of the presser for those of us who couldn't watch it.

Mayor Riley: 'Anyone who can walk into a church and shoot, it can only be hate.'

Joe Riley is "good people". He is decent and compassionate. There is a reason he has been mayor for seventy-eleven years.

God bless those murdered souls. What sort of a malignant person does such a thing?

This is local for me, but I'm about 25 miles from downtown. Very frightening to hear and watch. Thanks for the tweets and posts.

Has anyone seen anything on FB? I wouldn't be surprised if suspect posted hints of what he was going to do beforehand.

Reverend Al Sharpton ‏@TheRevAl 15m15 minutes ago Manhattan, NY

Rev. Clements Pinckney, a SC legislator is among the 9 killed in SC church. I am reminded that he helped lead our prayer vigil for Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm