SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My god. Disgusting monster and piece of garbage !!! And at a place of prayer and worship. :(

My heart hurts to read about this. :(

Condolences and sympathy to all who have been affected !!!!

Tiny video clip here of the scene about 20 mins ago.

[video=twitter;611414203732226048]https://twitter.com/SummersJournal/status/611414203732226048[/video]

I have followed a ton of cases on the news. It's very odd how this crime scene has been handled. When the gunman at UCSB was on the loose, LE was SO present and it was all over the news. Why is everyone out and why is it so casual? I want to see doors being busted down trying to find this animal. JMO

I have followed a ton of cases on the news. It's very odd how this crime scene has been handled. When the gunman at UCSB was on the loose, LE was SO present and it was all over the news. Why is everyone out and why is it so casual? I want to see doors being busted down trying to find this animal. JMO

Exactly. Just so weird. Keep thinking they must have caught him.

Stories of what happened inside coming through now.

[video=twitter;611414951027167232]https://twitter.com/offlede/status/611414951027167232[/video]

I don't suppose the shooter was kind enough to tell the poor woman WHY it happened...

We have a shortage of people of worth, it hurts to lose more.

Disgusting, horrifying and vile.​

Found a source at last for story about Grandma sheltering 5 year old.

[video=twitter;611384637907161088]https://twitter.com/mattalbaWCBD/status/611384637907161088[/video]

Next presser put back.

[video=twitter;611423290322620416]https://twitter.com/SamInteractive/status/611423290322620416[/video]

What a worthless this was---to participate in Bible Study and then brutally slaughter all of these good people--:mad:

How do they know he was '21'? What an odd detail to report. Did someone know or recognize him?

Interesting coincidence. This massacre comes comes on the anniversary of the 1822 Denmark Vesey slave revolt. Vesey was one of the founders of the AME church in Charleston.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_Vesey#Failed_uprising

I believe it may have more to do with Walter Scott and the Reverend leading a prayer vigil. ?? The GJ just decided to indict Slager a week or so ago. I may be totally off base, but it's a interesting coincidence. Furthermore, I think it's very strange that they said the exact age of 21. How would they know that unless there had been threats or they had knowledge of this person?

What a worthless this was---to participate in Bible Study and then brutally slaughter all of these good people--:mad:

How do they know he was '21'? What an odd detail to report. Did someone know or recognize him?

This struck me as very odd. Why the precise number? Usually the description would be "early twenties". Do they know the identity of the suspect? If so why not release his name? Also weird that during the presser no mention of the type of weapon. They gave a detailed description of the alleged shooter right down to his brand of footwear but no mention of type of weapon.

I am seriously worried about possible rioting in this beautiful city.

Wow, the history of this church is shocking. RIP may all your families recieve justice and peace.

OMG.

I can't wrap my brain around this. It's too evil. Too awful to contemplate.

Everyone, please be careful about posting rumors.

There have been times (on other forums on WS) when literally someone has posted a rumor with big red letters saying, "THIS IS JUST A RUMOR" and not 3 posts later someone is posting it as fact.

Please back up your stories with mainstream media.

Finally, please be kind to each other on this thread tonight. We are all upset. Please don't take it out on your fellow poster just because you disagree with her/him.

Thank you,

Tricia

CNN Live - reporting "intense manhunt." IMO-I haven't seen this like I have in other cases. Maybe it's because the media isn't really covering it like other cases, but this one seems to be way too casual. JMO

ETA: Why has there only been one press conference/update? This horrific crime happened at 9 p.m. South Carolina time. Yet, there won't be another update until 7 a.m. I can't imagine being a citizen there and not knowing. They are opening up the streets where the crime occurred. Again, doesn't make sense. The shooter could be right there hiding. IMO - LE knows something, they know who the killer is and/or the killer is in custody or dead.

I am heartbroken. Is no place sacred? Prayers for the families.

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 50m50 minutes ago
Cops in fatigues tell me they're still searching "near and far," "lots of tips."

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 52m52 minutes ago
Spotted near crime scene: K-9 unit, dogs being used in surrounding neighborhood

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 2h2 hours ago
Police have continued to block off Calhoun. Embassy suites is a grieving area- sad and horrific to see people deal with this tragedy.

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 2h2 hours ago
You can hear the screams from outside.

Robert Costa on CNN Live - reporting a witness/family member told him gunman came in during prayer/bible study, lingered on the side and then opened fire. Previous reports stated the gunman participated in prayer group/bible study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi