SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot fathom what would possess someone to do something so heinous. My God, of all places one would, and should, feel safe is in a house of worship. My prayers and thoughts go out to the families who lost a loved one or who had members injured in such a senseless show of violence.

SMH.

At the press conference the police chief said that special resources would be arriving overnight from Washington. I strongly suspect (although can't confirm) that these special resources will be arriving on-board this chartered Learjet arriving momentarily in Charleston (Kalitta Charters works extensively with Federal agencies).

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/KFS17

This struck me as very odd. Why the precise number? Usually the description would be "early twenties". Do they know the identity of the suspect? If so why not release his name? Also weird that during the presser no mention of the type of weapon. They gave a detailed description of the alleged shooter right down to his brand of footwear but no mention of type of weapon.

I think 21 was a ball park figure. Other statements say in his twenties.

CNN: Presser scheduled 7:00AM has been moved up to 6:00 AM.

We will learn more in about 20 minutes

I can only hope this evil coward is found soon, dead by his own hand. There is no kind of life left for him. He will burn in Hell as his victim's souls rise to Heaven.

Detective Rod Wheeler just interviewed on Fox News, SiriusXM Channel 114, states the identity of the shooter is known by LE and the FBI, SC Bureau of Investigation, and Charleston Police Dept. are all actively on the ground searching for the shooter.

Here is the flyer that Charleston Police have just released showing the suspect. He doesn't look to me as being "sandy blonde" or for that matter does he look necessarily white

CHxk5ebUEAEV5uc.png

What do you fellow Websleuthers think? Does he have "sandy blond" hair?

This is what "sandy blond" looks like

sandy_blonde_box_fs.jpg

During the presser LE were unable to identify the make of the car. IMO it looks to be a circa 1998 Mazda 626

1998-mazda-626-es_100027261_m.jpg

Obviously the hoodie was an attempt at disguise (and possibly to hide the weapon) but my gosh, we are sweltering here in South Carolina. You would NOT be wearing a hoodie at 8 pm or even 9 pm in Charleston.

Apparently there's now a bomb threat. Will try to find a link.

Yeah, I wouldn't call that sandy or blond. And that doesn't appear to be a hoodie. And what's with his nose? Am I going crazy there or is his nose bandaged up or something...?

Yeah, I wouldn't call that sandy or blond. And that doesn't appear to be a hoodie. And what's with his nose? Am I going crazy there or is his nose bandaged up or something...?

I agree. His nose looks weird - as if there is a bandage on it. And as we can see he is not wearing a "hoodie" as widely reported and his skin tone is not necessarily "white" ( again as widely reported). He appears to be light-brown or olive meaning he could be mixed race or Hispanic.

I believe it may have more to do with Walter Scott and the Reverend leading a prayer vigil. ?? The GJ just decided to indict Slager a week or so ago. I may be totally off base, but it's a interesting coincidence. Furthermore, I think it's very strange that they said the exact age of 21. How would they know that unless there had been threats or they had knowledge of this person?

Maybe he introduced himself (with fake name) at bible study...or else they knew him.

From the picture of the suspect I posted above it is obvious that he is not carrying a semi-automatic assault riffle - he must have been carrying a handgun. How did he kill 9 out of 10 congregants using just a handgun? At the first sound of shots congregants would have scattered for the exits. Something doesn't add up!

There is a picture of the suspect here, it appears to me (anyway) that he has a amish hair cut. I go to a amish market in annapolis and that is the way their hair is cut. And it appears that he ahas a yellow button on his shirt. ? jmo idk

http://www.foxnews.com/

From the picture of the suspect I posted above it is obvious that he is not carrying a semi-automatic assault riffle - he must have been carrying a handgun. How did he kill 9 out of 10 congregants using just a handgun? At the first sound of shots congregants would have scattered for the exits. Something doesn't add up!

I can't say that he is not carrying an assault rifle. jmo

So I guess the person that called into dispatch last night and id'd himself as the shooter.... isn't the shooter? The EG person.

Looks like a brunette wig, no hoodie, olive skin color. Odd that he was not recognized as an outsider at the bible study...maybe the photo is deceiving. Who shot the photo? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T