Identified! SC - Norway, Body found in freezer at abandoned "haunted" house. Jan'21 - Robert Fuller

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The tat looks like an older man with a bit of a receding hairline to me. But tats never look like the people theyre supposed to be, anyways.

Nice find! But why would anybody tattoo their own face on themselves?

It does to me as well, but I noticed Austin's hairline was a bit thin on top in the front. There is a Facebook page devoted to finding him with more photos.

I'm reaching with the freezer...just trying to guess how it might possibly be Austin? I was thinking a freezer plugged in for awhile, and then not=maggots.

More likely it is someone recently deceased, and it looks like he probably died shortly after Christmas in 2017....however, he was involved in some very shady stuff, and might not have died at the same time as his friend, so I'm keeping him open as a possibility.

The MOB tattoo mentioned upthread plus his clothes says drugs+gangs to me. The burning down of the house makes sense, remove any further evidence (that is if the owner didn't just seize opportunity to rid himself of it). If the house was 'known'to young people or the area as haunted, it means people were going out there, and it being used for illegal activity doesn't seem out of the question. His other tattoo is definitely a rising sun over an asian man's head.

The MOB tattoo mentioned upthread plus his clothes says drugs+gangs to me. The burning down of the house makes sense, remove any further evidence (that is if the owner didn't just seize opportunity to rid himself of it). If the house was 'known'to young people or the area as haunted, it means people were going out there, and it being used for illegal activity doesn't seem out of the question. His other tattoo is definitely a rising sun over an asian man's head.
What mob tattoo?

I don't know - I tend to agree with one of the commenters under the picture on the news site that it looks much more like a life preserver than a rising sun.

i can see your point but paired with the fact the man's face looks Filipino and the "stripes" are in threes like the flag of the Phillipines, im leaning that way.

Last edited:
The man's Gucci belt seems interesting. Unless it was stolen, its an expensive accessory, in the $400 to $500 range. Flashy, too, for a man.

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/...ther-belt-with-shiny-buckle-p-4068310YA0G1000

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/...g-belt-with-double-g-buckle-p-40059392TLT9769

Would it be correct to say its not the kind of clothing worn by people who live in that area? Perhaps the victim is from an urban area.

That tattoo is very distinctive. JMO, very probable someone knows the identity of the victim, but will they come forward? I'm still getting a vibe of illegal activity going on there.

they have tons of knock offs though. on of my sons used to sell replica gucci and burberry belts.

The current owner was the one planting the trees. And, it was he who said he noticed the freezer about five years ago on the porch. I took this to mean that it was not there at some point when he visited the property. The whole explanation was rather convoluted. I don’t know, but I do know I would have definitely checked it out to see if rotten meat or whatever was inside. And, I wouldn’t be thinking of bodies either

i cant find it now but the former tenant said in another link he bought it new when he lived there and left it when he moved.

The tattoo looks like some expensive ink work to me. That coupled with jeans approximately 100$ and a possible Gucci belt, this dude might be of some means. Even if the belt is a throw off, it could still be pricey. Moreover, Gucci belts have become really popular in the last few years, and the tattoo is still very discernible, so I too am thinking the remains aren’t older than a few years at most. Moo

Cause of Norway house fire not determined ; investigation continues into body in freezer

my kids used to get 2 pairs of pac sun jeans for $50

I just checked out Pacsun.. it seems to be a company that makes kind of 1990s/grunge style inspired clothing with lots of vintage rock music and vintage brand references (Kappa, Led Zeppelin T-Shirts, Nirvana shirts etc)... and jeans in stonewash and ripped (it feels so 1990s). It is definitely for the crowd until 35, but for more of an alternative crowd i would guess.
Is it worn by people of all backgrounds and ethnicities? Or is it more something a "white" person would wear than a Latinx, Asian or African American or vice versa? It is more of a middle class brand or cheap? I am not familiar with the brand at all.

my kids are urban Latinx. they wear Kappa, BAPE, Ralph Lauren Polo,, MCM, gucci, or burberry belts (knock off but they have real ones, they saved up for them because THAT AINT MY BUDGET lol), they have worn hollister or pac sun jeans, the jeans arent as important sometimes they are just jeans. currently they go to a shop in my town called SJ Blue jeans and get jeans there, they have some designer, some economy and local designers. they wear a lot of local stuff too.

Hmmm.....

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Austin Douglas Gamez

Designer brown wallet and belt buckle, either Louis Vuitton or Gucci

Clothing
Possibly last seen wearing black North Face pull over or jacket; black True Religion jeans. Wears size 34 waist pants

Rosary on chest, multiple tattoos on both arms, including left bicep "MOB" and a stack of money

this guy was killed along w a female friend and the female friend was left in his car locally. there was an arrest too i think.

What mob tattoo?
The MOB tattoo is referring to Austin Gamez who went missing after Christmas 2017 in Louisville, KY. That's a tattoo he had. He's believed to have been murdered at that time but has never been found. A female friend he was with was also murdered but she was found within a few hours I believe. I don't think this man is Austin.

this guy was killed along w a female friend and the female friend was left in his car locally. there was an arrest too i think.

My understanding of the case is it was her rental car, and only her body has been found.

I have tried to find more information about what might have happened to Austin, without much luck. It seems there were arrests, charged against one individual were dropped, and no one really seems to know, or is saying, what happened to Austin. Charley Project, and several news sources note Larry Sauer killed both Gamez and his friend who was found in the SUV, and Austin's body is missing.

The most recent updates I can find are a year old. I don't know if Sauer confessed to both murders, or ? I was curious given the criminal past of Gamez, and the meth and other stuff found at Sauer's home when he was arrested, if Gamez may have taken off after McCoy was killed? Like she was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Gamez left to get more drugs for the others? Left under threat? It seems likely to me they were all messed up in something drug related.

Perhaps a wild theory, and I agree he probably died at the same time, but technically possible as his body is still missing.

Comparing the face tattoo to a photo of Austin Gamez: View attachment 279918 View attachment 279920

That’s not Austin. Austin doesn’t have a tattoo like that. I’m Austin’s mom. Thank you for thinking of him. I’m new to this site. I’m hoping to find information/theories of what happened & where my son could be. I’m also planning on making a thread with everything I know about what could’ve happened the day he disappeared. I hope you guys can help me to solve my nightmare.

That’s not Austin. Austin doesn’t have a tattoo like that. I’m Austin’s mom. Thank you for thinking of him. I’m new to this site. I’m hoping to find information/theories of what happened & where my son could be. I’m also planning on making a thread with everything I know about what could’ve happened the day he disappeared. I hope you guys can help me to solve my nightmare.

Welcome to WS @AmyGamez , although I'm sorry it's under these circumstances. I hope you have already found the thread for Austin. Just please be aware that the discussions on this site may at times be uncomfortable for family members. :( Most of us do care deeply for the missing and just try to find ways to help find them. Blessings in your search for your son.

KY - KY - Austin Gamez, 27, Louisville, 25 Dec 2017 *arrest*

Please check out this thread for becoming a verified family member/insider. WS has very strict rules for what can be posted unless you are verified.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Welcome to WS @AmyGamez , although I'm sorry it's under these circumstances. I hope you have already found the thread for Austin. Just please be aware that the discussions on this site may at times be uncomfortable for family members. :( Most of us do care deeply for the missing and just try to find ways to help find them. Blessings in your search for your son.

KY - KY - Austin Gamez, 27, Louisville, 25 Dec 2017 *arrest*

Please check out this thread for becoming a verified family member/insider. WS has very strict rules for what can be posted unless you are verified.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thank you! I’m aware that what some people say/speculate can be offensive/hurtful/uncomfortable. But I’m ok with what others say because I know what is true & not true about my Austin. Thanks for the links.

Welcome AmyGamez. So sorry to hear about your missing son and encourage you to create a thread for him here. There are lots of members here who can help. Please let us know.

ETA: Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum, including family members of missing persons or victims. Don't be afraid to alert a moderator if someone posts something that is insensitive, cruel, etc.

that was Austin Gamez, may not be him.
My understanding of the case is it was her rental car, and only her body has been found.

I have tried to find more information about what might have happened to Austin, without much luck. It seems there were arrests, charged against one individual were dropped, and no one really seems to know, or is saying, what happened to Austin. Charley Project, and several news sources note Larry Sauer killed both Gamez and his friend who was found in the SUV, and Austin's body is missing.

The most recent updates I can find are a year old. I don't know if Sauer confessed to both murders, or ? I was curious given the criminal past of Gamez, and the meth and other stuff found at Sauer's home when he was arrested, if Gamez may have taken off after McCoy was killed? Like she was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Gamez left to get more drugs for the others? Left under threat? It seems likely to me they were all messed up in something drug related.

Perhaps a wild theory, and I agree he probably died at the same time, but technically possible as his body is still missing.

yes agree with all.

welcome and im so sorry!!! you can apply to be a verified insider and that way you dont have to back up any claims with links. you can use his existing thread.

Thank you! I’m aware that what some people say/speculate can be offensive/hurtful/uncomfortable. But I’m ok with what others say because I know what is true & not true about my Austin. Thanks for the links.

Welcome, I don't post a lot but I have been following your Facebook page and the thread about Austin for some time as I'm also in Louisville. I keep hoping that he's found and you and your family can have a bit of closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back