SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the articles had more detailed medical records that showed the life flight crew gave him some drugs which would have showed up on the drug screen (for some reason, I'm thinking I saw Fentanyl). I'm not sure which article it was, though.
Wow so the medi-vac people routinely give victims fentanyl-based drugs to transport them? He had a supposed head injury. Isn't that quite dangerous to administer opiates to someone whose has a potentially serious cranial injury? Or is that a standard thing?

I mean how did they even know AM was telling them the truth about anything and not already under the influence of heavy drugs? That did happen to be his subsequent claim, he was a habitual opiate addict.

Is the opioid addiction just a convenient lie? With the way this case has gone, nothing would surprise me anymore.

If it was AM, would it have turned over to Buster once he got AM's POA in September?

ETA: That mugshot is definitely spooky!

Most companies have their own POA with specific industry wording (for example: the POA you sign at your bank and name someone to be your POA can be and usually is different from the POA you sign at your investment firm, theoretically all of your different accounts could have different POA's and they don't have to match nor can you use your bank POA for your investment firm). Say you have a POA on file at your bank and you update it, the original POA would go away you wouldn't have two POA's unless the new paperwork listed both. MOO completing these weekly and working in finance.

EDIT to NOTE: POA procedures have changes a lot since the DOL financial law was put into effect, it use to be much simpler and you could use a blanket POA for everywhere this is rapidly changing.

Here are the medical records that specify he was given Fentanyl in the helicopter. Scroll to the bottom of the article and see the last page of the records

Citing 'Medical Records' from Roadside Shooting, Alex Murdaugh Claims He Tested Positive for Barbiturates, Opiates When Examined by Doctors
So all that says nothing about fentanyl being administered to AM on the helo ride. It just seems fishy now to me. Like his lawyers, well his PR firm, are releasing random pages of hospital test evidence maybe trying to show a confirmation of AM's supposed habitual addiction. Like a see everybody he had opiates in his system, yet they don't address the fact that emergency personnel actually gave him a strong opiate during transport to the hospital. AJMO

So all that says nothing about fentanyl being administered to AM on the helo ride. It just seems fishy now to me. Like his lawyers, well his PR firm, are releasing random pages of hospital test evidence maybe trying to show a confirmation of AM's supposed habitual addiction. Like a see everybody he had opiates in his system, yet they don't address the fact that emergency personnel actually gave him a strong opiate during transport to the hospital. AJMO

Remember how long it was between when he stopped to check on his tire and when he was air lifted. We never got a line by line timeline of how that transpired. Instead there were conflicting time stamps.

I really don’t believe anything that they are presenting. It will take someone like Blands personality to challenge their stories. Hopefully SLED is after the truth.

Remember how long it was between when he stopped to check on his tire and when he was air lifted. We never got a line by line timeline of how that transpired. Instead there were conflicting time stamps.

I really don’t believe anything that they are presenting. It will take someone like Blands personality to challenge their stories. Hopefully SLED is after the truth.
And the/those "Good Samaritan(s)" too. I'm laying odds they were either PMPED lawyers, employees, family members or friends of anyone connected to PMPED. Sure hope SLED got to find out who they were and how PMPED personnel wound up at the "crime" scene to fill SLED in on the whole embezzlement/firing situation. Like I've said before, I don't trust coincidence.

And the/those "Good Samaritan(s)" too. I'm laying odds they were either PMPED lawyers, employees, family members or friends of anyone connected to PMPED. Sure hope SLED got to find out who they were and how PMPED personnel wound up at the "crime" scene to fill SLED in on the whole embezzlement/firing situation. Like I've said before, I don't trust coincidence.

Thats right there were 2 Good Samaritans who showed up:rolleyes: We have no idea what happened or who showed up that day.

This is going to be an unusual case to try if it goes the distance. I would be concerned things will go missing if I were the prosecution team.

Thats right there were 2 Good Samaritans who showed up:rolleyes: We have no idea what happened or who showed up that day.

This is going to be an unusual case to try if it goes the distance. I would be concerned things will go missing if I were the prosecution team.
Missing evidence is par for the course with this joker. It’s happened in SS, GS and MB cases. It’s to be expected with these devious humans (AM, Uncle Dick, Jim I’m-drunk-when-I-tweet Griffin, etc). OMO

"An anti-suicide smock, Ferguson, turtle suit, pickle suit, Bam Bam suit,[1] or suicide gown, is a tear-resistant single-piece outer garment that is generally used to prevent a hospitalized, incarcerated, or otherwise detained individual from forming a noose with the garment to commit suicide. "

Anti-suicide smock - Wikipedia
-----

I understand that some jails place a smock on the inmate for pictures to cover the clothing so their picture can be used in line up photos, so not sure which AM is wearing in the above, but it seems odd he wasn't wearing either type of smock in his first two mugshots.
Frankly, having looked online for what a smock
actually looks like, I’d love to see a full-length photo of AM donning his latest fashion. JMO.

Thanks Antimony! Someone was talking about wouldn't AM have had blood on himself or in the house and wouldn't that have cinched it for LE.

I believe the shooting of MM was done from a distance but PM was killed up close. If AM is the killer he probably would have had blood on him or left traces.(911 did asked him if his son was breathing though so he did get close at their direction and on audio.)

If there was phone evidence of communication and time stamps between one or both victims LE would have those too.

I suppose if the creek was deep enough a clean up could have happened there, then a change of clothes during his "nap" before he went to see his Mom.

That tip about something possibly being dumped from the roadway into the swamp could have been clothes? I wonder if AM's Mom's house was checked for the AR used to kill MM? And I wonder who was there with her and what they say about the happenings that day and night.

I wonder if the weather that night made determining a good TOD harder. It all could have happened much sooner than 9-3:30.

Just some thoughts and AJMO.
One report mentioned AM had gone to his mother’s and watched TV with her and a “caretaker”. Would love to know if that’s true, and if the trusted caretaker can verify the account, timing of the visit, behavior of AM, etc.

Wow so the medi-vac people routinely give victims fentanyl-based drugs to transport them? He had a supposed head injury. Isn't that quite dangerous to administer opiates to someone whose has a potentially serious cranial injury? Or is that a standard thing?

I mean how did they even know AM was telling them the truth about anything and not already under the influence of heavy drugs? That did happen to be his subsequent claim, he was a habitual opiate addict.

Is the opioid addiction just a convenient lie? With the way this case has gone, nothing would surprise me anymore.
I think your final paragraph sums up nicely what most of us are suspecting. AM’s “convenient addiction” is a side show circus meant to distract and diffuse the public away from what is truly criminal and wrong regarding AM: the deaths, coverups, thieving and utter disregard for others lives for many, many years. May Karma come back and bite him HARD. MOO

One report mentioned AM had gone to his mother’s and watched TV with her and a “caretaker”. Would love to know if that’s true, and if the trusted caretaker can verify the account, timing of the visit, behavior of AM, etc.

Yes, after he took father to hospital he went home took a nap went back to check on mom when returned found MM& PM deceased.

Iirc

Jmo

I think your final paragraph sums up nicely what most of us are suspecting. AM’s “convenient addiction” is a side show circus meant to distract and diffuse the public away from what is truly criminal and wrong regarding AM: the deaths, coverups, thieving and utter disregard for others lives for many, many years. May Karma come back and bite him HARD. MOO

At first I just thought it was a totally fake addiction...to find cover...
Now I agree ....... "a convenient addiction"..

definitely the side show.

I wonder if the mother’s home had cameras? It would at least let them know if his alibi was solid at the time of the murders.

If none of these people have cameras and security systems you have to wonder: were they even wealthy at all (outside of the poorest county in SC)? Is it all just tabloid journalism?o_O

note to self: consider making all formal event photos private for fear of being painted as a dynasty ;)

FitsNews delves into “Boll Weevil” and Murdaugh connections, as they promised. There is more than I am probably allowed to copy but it’s so tangled, I don’t dare try to outline the salient points remaining.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: More Ties Linking Alex Murdaugh, Alleged Drug Smuggler Uncovered | FitsNews, 18 Oct 2021

<snipped>
Boulware and Murdaugh were thick as thieves – and so were their families. In fact, two months before he passed away Barrett granted power of attorney (.pdf) to Alex Murdaugh – putting the ethically challenged lawyer in charge of all of his assets (including the disposition of numerous properties in the Palmetto Lowcountry).

Additionally, Murdaugh and Barrett were co-owners of multiple Lowcountry properties … and Barrett was the former owner of “Moselle,” the Murdaugh family hunting lodge which was the site of a brutal double homicide in June of this year.

<snipped>

Given the sheer volume of records involving both of these men, the trail is not easy to follow. … But there is one connection I found which struck me as … very curious.

One of the first records goes back to June 9, 2010, which is when Ronnie Crosby – one of Murdaugh’s partners at the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm – took out a $150,752.81mortgage (.pdf) on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a company called Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC. A second mortgage (.pdf) in the amount of $151,164.09 was taken out a year-and-a-half later – also on a piece of property Boulware was selling to a separate incorporation called Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management, LLC.

On the second mortgage, Crosby is listed as a member of the Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC. To be clear: Crosby was not listed on the mortgage document as a registered agent or as an attorney representing the company, but rather as a member of the limited liability corporation

On the first mortgage, however, the signatory listed as the responsible member for the other company, Jenkins Creek Marine and Charters LLC, is none other than
Alex Murdaugh. [BBM]

(Click to view)

(Via: Beaufort County Register of Deeds)

As with Crosby’s signature on the second mortgage, Murdaugh did not sign his mortgage document as a representing attorney or a registered agent. He signed it as a member of the limited liability corporation

Of interest? On May 17, 2021 – three weeks before the Moselle murders [BBM]– the second mortgage (the one for Jenkins Creek Charters And Property Management LLC) was recorded as having been “satisfied” (.pdf) with the Beaufort county register of deeds. As of this writing, however, there is no record of the first mortgage – the one issued to Alex Murdaugh’s company – having been satisfied.

Last month, though – on September 24, 2021 – the Boulware property that was purchased by Murdaugh’s incorporation, Jenkins Creek Marine And Charters LLC, was granted to Crosby in a bizarrely worded “covenant” (.pdf) for $5.00.

Among the conditions of this “covenant?” Crosby’s assurance not to sue Murdaugh’s company “in order to recover a personal judgment” against it. [BBM]

That is curious language considering Crosby remains a partner at PMPED, which just this month filed a lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh in connection with its allegation that he stole more than $10 million from its coffers – which, incidentally, is the focus of one of the six SLED criminal investigations. It is even more curious considering PMPED partners claimed to have discovered Murdaugh’s theft on September 2, 2021.

<snipped>
THERE IS MORE IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO BLOG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member