SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed since being here on this site the last few years, a lot of horrible dispatching calls. I come from a background of a lot of LE and dispatchers. Most have either passed away or retired. They would all be appalled. I don't know where the training protocols are coming from but they need to be revisited all over the country it looks like to me. MO

It's not just training. It's a flawed business model in many situations. They're taking whomever they can find. They're lowering the qualifications at an attempt to create a larger candidate pool as understaffing is huge problem. I know people who run dispatch centers and even one small area has 23 current opens which has been going on since pre-covid. (so this is not just covid related) However, in the 20+ years it's only been like this for the last 3 or so. Pay is a huge issue. You can go and make $18-20+ at a call center like Spectrum, etc...Now, they're trying to play catch up and raise their pay (which is still less than the above) and they still don't understand why they can't find people. This is going to vary depending on the the areas but I see almost no areas in which it's trending in a good way

I thought Paul did a great job. He was polite and concerned. Maggie sounded like she was "put out", I did not hear concern. Sorry.
I agree that Paul was doing his best and was polite and concerned. My point was that I thought both were short because they were trying to get off the phone to help Gloria and each other. From what I gather, while Maggie was on the landline with 911 inside the house and approximately simultaneously :

1.Paul was trying to get Mrs. Satterfield up. Then either Mrs. Satterfield or Maggie said to let her go, so Paul did but, as a result Mrs Satterfield fell again.

2. Maggie was being asked by 911 to help stop Mrs. Satterfield’s bleeding with a towel.

Moo: in that situation, seeing that happen before my eyes, I would be needing to get off the phone and outside to help too. JMO

I interpreted his account of the accident as : he was helping her up the steps, holding her arm and she told him to let go of her arm, shook him off, he did "let go", and that's when she fell, backward, down the steps, the first and only time.

Last edited:
I thought Paul did a great job. He was polite and concerned. Maggie sounded like she was "put out", I did not hear concern. Sorry.
I totally agree and was actually touched by Paul’s presence and manner because he has gotten such a bad rap with the boat accident and his “Timmy” persona. Important to remember everyone has some goodness in them. OMO. Until this call we were only hearing the ugly and irresponsible stories about PM. I am grateful for this insight, to hear Paul’s voice and demeanor — in this moment he is very human and mature. It makes me hurt to think of his brutal murder.

Last edited:
I totally agree and was actually touched by Paul’s presence and manner because he has gotten such a bad rap with the boat accident and his “Timmy” persona. Important to remember everyone has some goodness in them. OMO. Until this call we were only hearing the ugly and irresponsible stories about PM. I am grateful for this insight, to hear Paul’s voice and demeanor — in this moment he is very human and mature. It makes me hurt to think of his brutal murder.
His relatives said Paul was a "people person" too. I think it was his personality change he had when drinking that gave him the bad rap. I too am hurt by his murder. I don't understand why they cannot find out who the killers were. This is not a big city, it's small and rural. A couple months ago they arrested either one or two people for robbery in that area and the M's already had an expensive piece of equipment stolen from them awhile back. It makes me think they were robbers that Maggie and Paul came upon while investigating why the dogs were barking, seeing their property manager had been let go, they took it upon themselves to check it out.

His relatives said Paul was a "people person" too. I think it was his personality change he had when drinking that gave him the bad rap. I too am hurt by his murder. I don't understand why they cannot find out who the killers were. This is not a big city, it's small and rural. A couple months ago they arrested either one or two people for robbery in that area and the M's already had an expensive piece of equipment stolen from them awhile back. It makes me think they were robbers that Maggie and Paul came upon while investigating why the dogs were barking, seeing their property manager had been let go, they took it upon themselves to check it out.
Oh I think they know exactly who was pulling the strings, if not who pulled the triggers.

The man who attempted to fake his own murder.

The man who embezzled millions from his firm.

The man who attempted to cover up the death of Mallory Beach.

The man who stole millions from the family of a dead housekeeper.

The man who miraculously was (allegedly) away from the property at the precise moment his wife and son were murdered.

The man who very well may have owned both murder weapons, which are allegedly missing.

The man whose world was about to come crashing down around him.

A case like this takes time, and you only get one shot to nail the person(s) responsible.

Lawsuit filed against Bank of America claiming company bent rules for Alex Murdaugh

The lawsuit was filed by Bland Richter, a law firm representing the family of Murdaugh’s former housekeeper Gloria Satterfield whose death led to a settlement that her family says they never received.

Satterfield’s estate subsequently filed a lawsuit, implicating Murdaugh’s involvement in the lost funds, to recover that money.

On Monday, lawyers representing Satterfield’s estate released portions of the lawsuit against Bank of America and a statement. Lawyers allege that Murdaugh partnered with the company to launder money totaling “millions and millions” of stolen dollars.
Bland Richter said the suit not only involves the Satterfields but other victims of Murdaugh’s whose money lawyers said was taken and deposited in Bank of America.

Lawyers allege that Murdaugh engaged in other suspicious banking conduct that Bank of America should have identified. The suit states that Murdaugh issued 17 cashier’s checks to an individual from his Bank of America accounts totaling $164,748.76

NEW - Alex Murdaugh is getting a virtual bond hearing on Friday morning, according to his lawyer, on his financial indictments with a different SC judge.
His lawyers also filed a motion today battling the AG's office, which asked to keep Murdaugh jailed.

https://twitter.com/jake4shore/status/1468041628350828548?s=21

Oh I think they know exactly who was pulling the strings, if not who pulled the triggers.

The man who attempted to fake his own murder.

The man who embezzled millions from his firm.

The man who attempted to cover up the death of Mallory Beach.

The man who stole millions from the family of a dead housekeeper.

The man who miraculously was (allegedly) away from the property at the precise moment his wife and son were murdered.

The man who very well may have owned both murder weapons, which are allegedly missing.

The man whose world was about to come crashing down around him.

A case like this takes time, and you only get one shot to nail the person(s) responsible.
That might be easy to say, but I cannot see him killing his SON! No Way.

“Mr. Murdaugh had completed a phase of treatment in Florida and was proceeding immediately to Massachusetts to continue his treatment when he was arrested on the charges for which he was denied bond. It is richly ironic the State would remove him from a mental health treatment facility and then argue his need for mental health treatment is sufficient cause to deny his constitutional right to reasonable bond,” the filing said.

The treatment in Florida was after Murdaugh received bond in Hampton County in September from a local magistrate judge, on charges he arranged his own murder for a $10 million insurance payout.

His lawyers said he was battling a severe opioid addiction.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article256387377.html

Sources confirmed that Judge Alison Lee will preside over the hearing Friday, despite the fact that the South Carolina Supreme Court issued a specific order that said Judge Clifton Newman will “preside over all pretrial matters relating to criminal investigations concerning Alex Murdaugh.”

Lee is presiding over the initial bond hearing because she is the current responding judge over cases involving the statewide grand jury.

Lee has been criticized by this news outlet multiple times for giving bond to violent offenders in the past.

In fact, she was blocked from becoming a federal judge because of her penchant for excessive judicial leniency.

Lee also was denied a seat on the S.C. appeals court because lawmakers were concerned about her doling out bond to violent criminals.

Officials have not said why the bond hearing is virtual.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/06...uled-for-alex-murdaugh-on-friday-sources-say/

The 27 counts are a result of a multi-agency investigation involving the S.C. state grand jury, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), FBI and the S.C. Attorney General’s Office.

In November, Murdaugh’s “bulldog” defense team filed a habeas corpus appeal with the S.C. Supreme Court in an attempt to get Murdaugh out of jail after the court ruled that he was a danger to himself and society. That petition has not been heard yet.

According to sources close to the investigation, even if Lee grants bond on Friday, Alex Murdaugh still has to stay in jail for his bond related to the other charges.

Sources confirmed that Judge Alison Lee will preside over the hearing Friday, despite the fact that the South Carolina Supreme Court issued a specific order that said Judge Clifton Newman will “preside over all pretrial matters relating to criminal investigations concerning Alex Murdaugh.”

Lee is presiding over the initial bond hearing because she is the current responding judge over cases involving the statewide grand jury.

Lee has been criticized by this news outlet multiple times for giving bond to violent offenders in the past.

In fact, she was blocked from becoming a federal judge because of her penchant for excessive judicial leniency.

Lee also was denied a seat on the S.C. appeals court because lawmakers were concerned about her doling out bond to violent criminals.

Officials have not said why the bond hearing is virtual.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/06...uled-for-alex-murdaugh-on-friday-sources-say/

The 27 counts are a result of a multi-agency investigation involving the S.C. state grand jury, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), FBI and the S.C. Attorney General’s Office.

In November, Murdaugh’s “bulldog” defense team filed a habeas corpus appeal with the S.C. Supreme Court in an attempt to get Murdaugh out of jail after the court ruled that he was a danger to himself and society. That petition has not been heard yet.

According to sources close to the investigation, even if Lee grants bond on Friday, Alex Murdaugh still has to stay in jail for his bond related to the other charges.
they should file something asap to block this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member