SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleming requested approval of the settlement from Circuit Judge Carmen Mullen, who scheduled a hearing on the matter for May 13, 2019.

Mullen, who graduated in the same University of South Carolina law class as Murdaugh and Fleming, had recused herself just a month before from another wrongful-death case involving Murdaugh. That case stemmed from a 2019 boat crash in Beaufort that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach. Paul Murdaugh was the alleged boat driver, and he faced criminal charges of boating under the influence.

Alex Murdaugh scammed law firm, housekeeper's sons with fake bank account, lawsuits allege

This posted Oct 6, I didn’t know Mullen also went to college with AM and Fleming.

Documents filed in a Colleton County court on Friday showed that Murdaugh admitted to allegations contained in paragraphs one through three of the complaint, then pled the fifth in the remaining 33.

The three allegations to which Murdaugh admitted were those establishing facts: that PMPED is an existing law firm in Hampton, Colleton, and Jasper Counties, that Murdaugh was a resident of Colleton County, and that Murdaugh was a shareholder in the law firm prior to his September 3 resignation.

Alex Murdaugh pleads the fifth in lawsuit over embezzling money from former law firm | WSPA 7News

My theory is that Alex planned to kill Maggie because she was planning to divorce him and had ordered a financial audit, which was about to expose his wrongdoings. He laid in wait for her at the kennels and shot her with his AR and the same Blackout ammo he’d used earlier in the day for hog hunting.
I believe he then established his alibi by driving to Varnville to visit his mother, throwing Maggie’s phone out the window as he left Moselle and the AR in the swampy waters along his route. That’s what investigators were looking for in the water but have unfortunately been unable to find.
Eddie was the clean-up guy. After all, Alex paid well for odd jobs, and this was no different for someone who was “like a brother.” While cleaning up the scene, he was surprised by Paul, who had received a call from his buddy about checking on his dog at their kennels. A struggle ensued, and Paul was killed with a nearby shotgun. This weapon was left at the scene and has been confirmed as the Murdaugh’s as well.
Paul’s murder was unplanned and therefore much messier.
The scene was then staged in an attempt to explain Paul’s death and steer investigators away from the real intended victim (Maggie).
It was set up to look like a revenge killing, with Paul tied up (rumor) even though he was shot through the arm into the head while in a defensive position.
This is why it benefits both Alex & Eddie to stay quiet, and it explains why both men would attempt to throw investigators off the trail with the Salkehatchie Rd. shooting. Remember Alex described the shooter as a young man with very short hair, so he wasn’t trying to pin it on Eddie.

MOO
I must have missed the AM was hog hunting that day? Was that in a recent article?

For me, the weakest link in his alibi for the shooting of MM and PM is his trip to his mothers. HE said he went to sit with his mother and watch TV. She is elderly with dementia and thus wouldn't know what day or time or even if he had been there. She had care givers who work for him, are paid by him and have to live and raise families in the area.
More powerful persons than these are finding it hard to step forward and tell what they know.

I believe that LE knows exactly what happened that evening but they do not have direct corroboration from any other source to make an air tight case in a judicial district that the defendant and family have influenced for years. MOO MOO MOO

Lawyers said the discovery of the scheme originated when the firm inquired about a fee owed to them from a case that Murdaugh worked on along with another law firm. On Sept. 2, 2021, lawyers reported a check was found on Murdaugh’s desk from the other law firm.

The suit states that a notation on the check indicated it was partial payment of the fees the firm were inquiring about. However, PMPED officials said the check was made payable to Murdaugh’s personal account and not PMPED.

SC Supreme Court suspends law license of attorney sued by Murdaugh housekeeper’s estate

This appears to be another case, not GS.

For me, the weakest link in his alibi for the shooting of MM and PM is his trip to his mothers. HE said he went to sit with his mother and watch TV. She is elderly with dementia and thus wouldn't know what day or time or even if he had been there. She had care givers who work for him, are paid by him and have to live and raise families in the area.
More powerful persons than these are finding it hard to step forward and tell what they know.

I believe that LE knows exactly what happened that evening but they do not have direct corroboration from any other source to make an air tight case in a judicial district that the defendant and family have influenced for years. MOO MOO MOO
You raise an interesting point @Rosiebones. For some reason, I thought his mother was in a care facility where people (paid by the facility) would note AM's arrivals and departures. Do you know if AM's mother is being cared for in her own home? If that is the case I understand why her privately paid care givers would be timid to step forward.

Who did he mean? Was it MM and PM that weren’t (love that word) suppose to be there?

Murdaugh replies, "no ma'am they're on the ground out at my kennels."

"Is he breathing at all?"

"No, nobody's breathing," he said, through sobs.

He informs the dispatcher he did not see anyone around the property and that the color of their home is white, "but you can't see it from the road."

"My name is Alex Murdaugh," he says again when asked his name.

The dispatcher asks, "OK, did you hear anything? Or did you come home and find them?"

"No ma'am I've been gone. I just got back," he replied.

"Okay and was anyone else supposed to be at your house?" She asked.

"No ma'am. Please hurry," he said.

Audio of Alex Murdaugh's 911 Call After Discovering Son Paul and Wife Maggie Is Released

Who did he mean? Was it MM and PM that weren’t (love that word) suppose to be there?

He informs the dispatcher he did not see anyone around the property and that the color of their home is white, "but you can't see it from the road."

The dispatcher asks, "OK, did you hear anything? Or did you come home and find them?"

Audio of Alex Murdaugh's 911 Call After Discovering Son Paul and Wife Maggie Is Released

I’m still lost on how he, the dispatcher (to a degree), and LE didn’t seem to be concerned if a killer was still near. That’s a big place with plenty of hide spots I’m sure.

I believe PM was not supposed to be at the property the night of MM and PM's death.

I continue to believe the killings were the result of a hit contract AM took out on Maggie. I don't think AM has the emotional and control skills to perform the murders himself. Plus, I don't think AM likes to get his hands dirty. AM's association with the Cowboys gang has been documented. If two gang members were sent to do the killing, it would explain the different firearms used. However, I think Paul was collateral damage. He wasn't supposed to be there. My opinion, subject to change.
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html

I believe PM was not supposed to be at the property the night of MM and PM's death.

I continue to believe the killings were the result of a hit contract AM took out on Maggie. I don't think AM has the emotional and control skills to perform the murders himself. Plus, I don't think AM likes to get his hands dirty. AM's association with the Cowboys gang has been documented. If two gang members were sent to do the killing, it would explain the different firearms used. However, I think Paul was collateral damage. He wasn't supposed to be there. My opinion, subject to change.
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html

i know i have said this a million times. But I think papa M was the brains here. HE would have had the knowhow to keep it secret.
I also keep thinking Papa M knew just how bad AM was screwing so many things up. Papa M had the real significant contacts...

You raise an interesting point @Rosiebones. For some reason, I thought his mother was in a care facility where people (paid by the facility) would note AM's arrivals and departures. Do you know if AM's mother is being cared for in her own home? If that is the case I understand why her privately paid care givers would be timid to step forward.

His mother is in the Murdaugh’s Varnville home and has a home health aid who confirmed Alex visited after 9 PM and watched a game show with his mother.

The danger to himself part I can understand, but 'danger to the community" surprised me.
That could be either the potential of AM threatening witnesses who are involved in the case if he were to be released or it could be the community baying for his blood and therefore it’s a danger to the community in the event that there’s a real prospect of an attempt on AMs life or that there could be trouble stirred up within the community if he was released on bond which could lead to a real prospect of injuries if violence spills over……

Besides, Griffin said, Alex Murdaugh had a rock-solid alibi in the hours before he returned to the family's Moselle hunting lodge in Colleton County to find Maggie and Paul shot to death near the property's dog kennels.

Murdaugh was visiting with his mother, who has dementia, and watching a game show with her and a caregiver, Griffin said.

Alex Murdaugh lawyer shares more details on unsolved slayings, staged shooting in interview

If this statement from Griffin is what is taken as fact to AM being at mothers during murders I tend to not believe it.

Jmo

A South Carolina statewide grand jury is convening in the state capital of Columbia, S.C. this week to consider matters related to the ongoing ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga.

This would be the second grand jury empaneled at the state level (that we know of) to consider criminal charges against 53-year-old Alex Murdaughand others involved in the web of illicit activity revolving around him, his family and the influential law firm it founded in Hampton, S.C.
South Carolina Statewide Grand Jury Meeting On Murdaugh Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members