SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“On Monday, Feb. 28, Murdaugh attorneys James M. Griffin and Richard A. Harpootlian filed a "Complaint for Injunctive Relief" with the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, Columbia Division. The legal action names as the defendant D. Shane Kitchens, the Interim Director of the detention center, and seeks to stop the release of any additional phone calls.

On Feb. 23, 2022, Murdaughs attorneys sent the defendant a letter demanding that the jail director cease and desist from disclosing any additional Murdaugh telephone recordings to the media. The same day, a Murdaugh attorney telephoned the Richland County Attorney and left a voicemail complaining of these "unlawful disclosures" and requested an immediate return call, states the lawsuit.“

Alex Murdaugh update: Attorneys file federal lawsuit to stop release of jailhouse phone calls

A SC prosecutor has filed an official complaint against Judge Carmen Mullen, alleging she used her position to help Alex Murdaugh hide his financial situation in 2019 after he was sued for the boat crash the killed Mallory Beach.
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article258913868.html

From link.

Deposition Line 5

Do you think that judge based on your personal observation, do you think that Cory Fleming

hoodooed Judge Mullen?
#

Hoodooed?
Anyone know what this means, in this, or any, context?
Hoodooed.

From link.

hoodooed Judge Mullen?
Hoodooed?
Hoodooed.

I always thought it meant to put a curse on someone but here I think it means he tricked her/put one over on her.
Unless he meant hoodwinked.
I’ve only seen it used in Blues songs and To Kill A Mockingbird.

From link.

Deposition Line 5

Do you think that judge based on your personal observation, do you think that Cory Fleming

hoodooed Judge Mullen?
#

Hoodooed?
Hoodooed.

In the context it’s used in I use it as, Hoodwinked. As if CM got one over on the judge.

Jmo

Looking it up.

hoodooed

I always thought it meant to put a curse on someone but here I think it means he tricked her/put one over on her.
Unless he meant hoodwinked.
I’ve only seen it used in Blues songs and To Kill A Mockingbird.

In the context it’s used in I use it as, Hoodwinked. As if CM got one over on the judge.

Jmo

Looking it up.

hoodooed

TY! I’m both laughing and NOT laughing.
Very seriously, I dont think a JUDGE should be able to be “hoodooed”

MURDAUGHSSouth Carolina Judge Agreed To Let Alex Murdaugh Hide Settlement, Deposition Of Alleged Co-Conspirator Shows

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/01...t-deposition-of-alleged-co-conspirator-shows/

….

Some of that transcript

….

Westendorf’s deposition is damning, to say the least.

When asked for comment on the deposition, Bland would only verify that what FITSNews had was authentic, saying “I asked the questions and Chad answered them. He never took the Fifth. If you have it, you can read it.”

Q: So the two settlement hearings that you attended on December 19th, 2018, and then May 13th, 2019, it was just you, Cory, and Alex, and then Judge Mullen?

A: And her clerk was at the first one. And then the second was just Judge Mullen, myself, and Cory Fleming.

Q: So the only difference was there was a clerk at the first one?

A: And Alex. Alex wasn’t at the second one.

Q: So at the second one, who was there?

A: Cory Fleming, me, and Judge Mullen.

Q: You didn’t consent for that caption to be changed, did you?

A: No, sir.

Q: Nobody asked you?

A: Nobody asked me.

Q: And if you were asked, would you take your name off as a plaintiff on that caption for the estate?

A: No, sir.
Awww...Jeeze. Processing this is making me crazy.

“On Feb. 25, 1st Circuit Solicitor David Pascoe, who serves Calhoun, Dorchester and Orangeburg counties, sent a letter of complaint to John S. Nichols, Disciplinary Counsel of the S.C. Office of Disciplinary Counsel.

The letter formally requests that the S.C. Office of Disciplinary Counsel and the Commission on Judicial Conduct investigate the conduct of Circuit Court Judge Mullen. The request centers around Mullen's alleged conduct in what is now a criminal and civil matter involving suspended attorney Murdaugh and a death settlement awarded to the estate of his late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield.“

Murdaugh update: Solicitor requests investigation into judge's conduct

<snipped>
The letter formally requests that the S.C. Office of Disciplinary Counsel and the Commission on Judicial Conduct investigate the conduct of Circuit Court Judge Mullen. [BBM: letter at link below.] The request centers around Mullen's alleged conduct in what is now a criminal and civil matter involving suspended attorney Murdaugh and a death settlement awarded to the estate of his late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield.“

letter to John Nichols.pdf

This case began as a documentary, evolved into a mini-series and has now blossomed into a full-blown anthology set across multiple seasons and storylines, examining the full range of violence, duplicity, complicity, corruption and dynastic rises and fall, fall, fall.

I do not intend to diminish the real and horrific harm done by AM to so many individuals and families, including his own, but at times and certainly in these phone calls it seems as if he doesn't see himself as a person but as a character in a world that he is clearly profoundly disconnected from. Real parallels to a few real-life figures who have recently dominated politics, albeit on a smaller scale.

IME of following cases, only a very few can be described as both frighteningly cruel and present and utterly bonkers. This is one of them.

This case began as a documentary, evolved into a mini-series and has now blossomed into a full-blown anthology set across multiple seasons and storylines, examining the full range of violence, duplicity, complicity, corruption and dynastic rises and fall, fall, fall.

I do not intend to diminish the real and horrific harm done by AM to so many individuals and families, including his own, but at times and certainly in these phone calls it seems as if he doesn't see himself as a person but as a character in a world that he is clearly profoundly disconnected from. Real parallels to a few real-life figures who have recently dominated politics, albeit on a smaller scale.

IME of following cases, only a very few can be described as both frighteningly cruel and present and utterly bonkers. This is one of them.
I couldn't agree more.

The dominos are starting to fall, and it's just going to get crazier if that is even possible.

#Justice4Maggie&Paul

Looks like Bank of America settled with the Satterfields, so all that is left is Alex and cousin Eddie. And the question remains: what did Eddie do with all that money?

“With the dismissal of Bank of America from the list of defendants in this suit, the civil matter now names only Murdaugh and Curtis Edward Smith. The Satterfield attorneys have filed exhibits of evidence in the Hampton County court that they say show large sums of money, possibly from the Satterfield settlement, being written as checks from Murdaugh to Smith.”

Gloria Satterfield estate dismisses lawsuit against Bank of America

Also interesting to note, Eddie was summonsed to court but did not appear. I wonder if he still has a lawyer after he knowingly let his pro bono lawyer go on TV and espouse false information. MOO

“On Feb. 25, 1st Circuit Solicitor David Pascoe, who serves Calhoun, Dorchester and Orangeburg counties, sent a letter of complaint to John S. Nichols, Disciplinary Counsel of the S.C. Office of Disciplinary Counsel.

The letter formally requests that the S.C. Office of Disciplinary Counsel and the Commission on Judicial Conduct investigate the conduct of Circuit Court Judge Mullen. The request centers around Mullen's alleged conduct in what is now a criminal and civil matter involving suspended attorney Murdaugh and a death settlement awarded to the estate of his late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield.“

Eric Bland wanted her to give a deposition back in Oct, he know she had a hand in it happening.

Jmo

I found legal analyst John Snyder’s analysis of this quite interesting.
According to him, federal civil rights protection (Title III) takes precedence over SC state FOIA laws.
Everyone is afforded the constitutional right to protection of anything that might influence a trial—and Title III specifically mentions inmate phone calls.
He states that “the exploitation of family members and private information” through the release of these phone calls is not covered under FOIA.
Also, FOIA protection is SC state law. Title III is federal law. Federal law trumps state law.https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...-of-helping-alex/id1573470939?i=1000552944678

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-45-a-judge-accused-of-helping-alex/id1573470939?i=1000552944678

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Misconduct Allegations Against SC Judge ‘Should Not Be A Surprise,’ Solicitor’s Letter Says

According to a letter posted in an online forum Thursday, the South Carolina Supreme Court’s Commission on Judicial Conduct was first asked to investigate allegations of misconduct against fourteenth circuit court judge Carmen Mullen at least three years ago.

The letter, dated Feb. 25, 2022, and signed by first judicial circuit solicitor David Pascoe, was posted by an unknown user named “TequilaRed1” to a Reddit board devoted to Murdaugh-related news.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/04...udge-should-not-be-a-surprise-solicitor-says/
The letter

https://www.fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2022/03/PascoeLetter.pdf

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article259154873.html

“A federal court case involving whether jail inmate Alex Murdaugh’s recorded telephone calls can be made public in response to an S.C. Freedom of Information request is only a week old, but already the first three judges assigned to the case are no longer on it, and a fourth federal judge has been assigned. No reasons were given for the reassignments, but judges can recuse themselves from a case in the event of a real or perceived conflict. U.S. District Judge Michelle Childs of Columbia, the fourth and latest judge on the case, was assigned late Monday afternoon, according to a federal court records database.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article259154873.html

“A federal court case involving whether jail inmate Alex Murdaugh’s recorded telephone calls can be made public in response to an S.C. Freedom of Information request is only a week old, but already the first three judges assigned to the case are no longer on it, and a fourth federal judge has been assigned. No reasons were given for the reassignments, but judges can recuse themselves from a case in the event of a real or perceived conflict. U.S. District Judge Michelle Childs of Columbia, the fourth and latest judge on the case, was assigned late Monday afternoon, according to a federal court records database.”

The whole city was afraid to go near the Murdaugh’s. And apparently still. They are scattering like roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grandma great