SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four survivors of the deadly boating accident allegedly caused by the son of a prominent South Carolina prosecutor have voluntarily provided DNA samples to investigators — after it was revealed he received death threats mentioning the crash just months before his mysterious murder, according to a report.

This has bothered me since I read it. I would Not have volunteered it give mine.

Jno

If he were my brother I would have nothing to do with him.

Jmo

You never know, it’s possible that the family has asked themselves, if he could kill his wife and son he could have killed us.

Jmo

Much as the family has tried to deny it, they could not exist in that hotbed of generational privilege and be unaware of it. They all lived near to each other and interacted constantly. The Father and brothers worked together. They shared the same friends, moved in the same social circles. They were cocooned in that privilege themselves.
MOO

This was a way of life…much like the nobility in the UK. One expects certain things by inherited privilege. And for generations, Murdaughs and their friends were acceded these privileges by the peons they exploited.

It’s astounding to me that the housekeepers sons continued for years…probably struggling to get by…and never confronted AM over where that settlement was! It’s instructive to me that Laffitte was also a generational placement…like a Duke or Baron of the Hampton Banking nobility.

‘So on we worked and waited for the light, and went without the meat and cursed the bread..
and ( Alec Murdaugh, one rainy summer night…put bullets in his wife and sons head.) Apologies to AE Houseman.

Also, looking back. I find that TV appearance appalling. We are to believe they didnt know MM was living apart from AM in Edisto? In this close-knit family, they didn’t know that they were having martial problems? They didn’t inow that their brother…that RM4 worked with…had a big drug problem…that his wife’s checks were bouncing…that PP had an alcohol problem? I’m not saying that they needed to lay out the family dirty laundry…but to chose to go on national TV and lie how MM was the ‘heart of the family’ and spin to deceive?

The honest option was stay out of it and stay home.
IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Four survivors of the deadly boating accident allegedly caused by the son of a prominent South Carolina prosecutor have voluntarily provided DNA samples to investigators — after it was revealed he received death threats mentioning the crash just months before his mysterious murder, according to a report.

This has bothered me since I read it. I would Not have volunteered it give mine.

Jno
For me, it would depend on who I was actually giving the cheek swab to. If it was a private company, paid for by me and results delivered to me I would do it. If it was LE or company under contract to area LE then I probably wouldn't trust the process considering the network that has been in place for a hundred years.
The threats must have been delivered in writing in a sealed envelope so that there was saliva on the sealant. MOO MOO MOO

Wouldn't it be great if it was an Apple Watch or Fitbit? AM is not too bright when it comes to the latest in technology I'd guess.

MOO
Yep! That would be great.
Im thinking apple probably makes a few high end watches that AM might wear.
lol, I don’t imagine AM buying a fitness based watch. AM doesn’t seem to be concerned about walking, hiking or counting steps.
I bet AM had one of those very, very expensive luxury watches, one that looked good, but AM had no idea of it’s capabilities.
MO

“The evidence all came back to one person and that was Alex Murdaugh,” Waters said, adding that the evidence was tied to his slew of other alleged crimes. “A lot of that provides the background and the motive for what happened on June 7, 2021.”

BBM

The audit.

JMO
I agree . It was the audit that pushed AM over the edge. As we have seen, law suits of any nature can be delayed and delayed. I imagine a private audit can move ahead immediately. AM had no “ good old boys” network to stop the audit.

Just search SC legal cases w/ RL as conservator, and...whoa.
MTA re clothing: all of these choices are deliberate to craft a story.
Agree on clothing. It’s shocking to see his “fall” but I’m sure Poot was intentional — wanted to paint a pathetic figure — his shirt wasn’t even pressed. It may also be that defense asked family and friends to stay away furthering the pathetic — “he’s been abandoned.” All part of the defense theatrics but we certainly don’t want to poison the jury pool :rolleyes:

This look is a long way from evening clothes with dancing pumps!

Did you notice the specific way Poot described the plea? “He thinks he’s not guilty.” Or something to that effect. Not, “he’s not guilty.”

——- added ——
I was going to say — he looks like he was wearing Paul’s clothes they are so I’ll fitting! You mean he has no clothes left :eek:

<snipped>
… The 54-year-old, who for decades was a fixture in the Low Country legal elite, was lowered to wearing his lawyer’s son’s clothes and shoes as he pleaded his innocence. …

I think the purpose of pointing out the clothes he was wearing was all for theatrics along with shaving of the head, unless he had lice - which is possible and he's deserving of. IMO.

After this post someone shared the snip that Harpotlian said "he thinks...." - are we seeing the beginning and revisit of an insanity plea being crafted? Judge, Mr. Murdaugh has had a break from reality. He's convinced himself that the murderer is still out there and he had nothing to do with this, blah, blah, blah...

Last edited:
Alex's appearance has certainly deteriorated. Dead shark eyes. Epitome of jailhouse pallor.

I don't think much of the shaved head; it's July in SC, who knows how well his cell is ventilated. Also, as@bestill says, lice is a good possibility in jail. Or he didn't have access to his normal hair care/grooming/rogaine items so said heck with it, just shave it off.

I must note that this is one of the very few things AM has done/said that I find possible to be without ulterior motives.

The clothes? Pulease. No reason whatsoever someone AM knows couldn't have sprung $100 for a cheap suit. Even his own attorney. A sleazy, transparent ploy, just like the "He thinks...." plea.

MOO

My suspicious mind thinks we have a PR company employed here…to start creating some sympathy in the run up to jury selection and trial.

The secondary goal is to restore the shredded reputations of the brothers who were deployed to national TV to immediately provide an ‘air-tight’ alibi for their brother. ”See, we won’t even loan him shoes!’

This is blatant manipulation...of the Hampton community that has been ransacked by these dirty deals...of all of us!

We know from the jail-house calls that AM is still thick with his family. Somewhere there is a closet where a few pairs of AM’s shoes from the old days are taking up space. Between the devoted sister-in-law, brothers, sister, and son…all of whom we heard on tape commiserating and running errands…ONE of them could have popped over to Walmart and bought him a shirt and pants.

Someone is funding a PR Pity Party campaign for AM…and for themselves.

’clean-up on aisle four.…’
I agree; trying to create sympathy among potential jurors.

Alex's appearance has certainly deteriorated. Dead shark eyes. Epitome of jailhouse pallor.

I don't think much of the shaved head; it's July in SC, who knows how well his cell is ventilated. Also, as@bestill says, lice is a good possibility in jail. Or he didn't have access to his normal hair care/grooming/rogaine items so said heck with it, just shave it off.

I must note that this is one of the very few things AM has done/said that I find possible to be without ulterior motives.

The clothes? Pulease. No reason whatsoever someone AM knows couldn't have sprung $100 for a cheap suit. Even his own attorney. A sleazy, transparent ploy, just like the "He thinks...." plea.

MOO
Sometimes one wishes there was a law against pegging the BS meter, and that it applied to defendant AND his/her attorneys. Violate it and a loud and annoying buzzer sounds every time you open your mouth forevermore.

Certainly so in this case and the Morphew one.

Just for clarification:

“Paul, 22 years old, had been shot in the chest and head, according to his death certificate. He was shot at close range with a shotgun, according to Thursday’s indictment. Maggie, 52, was found facedown and was shot multiple times in the chest and back, including twice at close range while lying on the ground, according to a person familiar with the investigation. She was shot with a rifle, according to the indictment.”

Former banker Russell Laffitte hit with federal indictments for conspiracy, wire fraud, bank fraud

Specifically, the indictment alleges that Laffitte, while serving as conservator for two of Murdaugh's clients, extended $355,000 in personal loans to himself and $990,000 in personal loans to Murdaugh from client funds held at the Hampton bank, and much of these funds were used to cover overdrafts on Murdaugh's personal account.

Also, according to the indictment, on two occasions, Laffitte misapplied bank funds: on Oct. 28, 2021, Laffitte paid the law firm $680,000 without notice to or consent from PSB, knowing that he had fraudulently transferred the money to the bank customer. Finally, the indictment alleges that on July 15, 2021, Laffitte misapplied $750,000 of bank funds by extending an unsecured commercial loan to Murdaugh.

My suspicious mind thinks we have a PR company employed here…to start creating some sympathy in the run up to jury selection and trial.

The secondary goal is to restore the shredded reputations of the brothers who were deployed to national TV to immediately provide an ‘air-tight’ alibi for their brother. ”See, we won’t even loan him shoes!’

This is blatant manipulation...of the Hampton community that has been ransacked by these dirty deals...of all of us!

We know from the jail-house calls that AM is still thick with his family. Somewhere there is a closet where a few pairs of AM’s shoes from the old days are taking up space. Between the devoted sister-in-law, brothers, sister, and son…all of whom we heard on tape commiserating and running errands…ONE of them could have popped over to Walmart and bought him a shirt and pants.

Someone is funding a PR Pity Party campaign for AM…and for themselves.

’clean-up on aisle four.…’
I agree with everything!! PR damage control!!!

Just for clarification:

“Paul, 22 years old, had been shot in the chest and head, according to his death certificate. He was shot at close range with a shotgun, according to Thursday’s indictment. Maggie, 52, was found facedown and was shot multiple times in the chest and back, including twice at close range while lying on the ground, according to a person familiar with the investigation. She was shot with a rifle, according to the indictment.”

Thats pure rage hurled at MM.

Last edited:
Former banker Russell Laffitte hit with federal indictments for conspiracy, wire fraud, bank fraud

Specifically, the indictment alleges that Laffitte, while serving as conservator for two of Murdaugh's clients, extended $355,000 in personal loans to himself and $990,000 in personal loans to Murdaugh from client funds held at the Hampton bank, and much of these funds were used to cover overdrafts on Murdaugh's personal account.

Also, according to the indictment, on two occasions, Laffitte misapplied bank funds: on Oct. 28, 2021, Laffitte paid the law firm $680,000 without notice to or consent from PSB, knowing that he had fraudulently transferred the money to the bank customer. Finally, the indictment alleges that on July 15, 2021, Laffitte misapplied $750,000 of bank funds by extending an unsecured commercial loan to Murdaugh.
Another family legacy appointment. I wonder…and this is just speculation…could these things have been going in for generations? Was this just ‘the way things are done here.”

just an question/opinion…but I wonder….

Just for clarification:

How do you shoot someone multiple times in the chest and back?
Had she been flipped over??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member