SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a town this small 2650 population they sure have alot of deaths. The housekeeper, Steven Smith, Mallory, MM and PM. Its like the game, Clue or a Whodunit play.

At this point, the number of suspicious deaths rival those of Cabot Cove, Maine.

I'm just surprised we've yet to see any headlines dubbing Hampton County the "Murdaugh Capitol of the State."

Last edited:
Can someone help me with information regarding the Boat Accident which family was facing Court and legal battle. I read all the teenagers were drinking under age and under the influence. But what did Miss Beach died from? Injuries from falling from the boat, hitting part of the bridge or was it drowning? There was one person who had serious injuries which was reported by you and newspapers shared.
Also the teenagers in the boat were unsure who actually pulled the throttle suddenly at full speed causing the accident, there were three people at the wheel it was dark/foggy even the reports which I read suppled in the thread said "They believed Paul was at the wheel driving the boat".
Was fully confirmed he was driving the boat and I missed this detail, I am sorry.
MOO, there was a lot going on with Murdaugh Family more than what we know.
Hardest thing is people saying Paul Murdaugh was delaying the trial, but without fact it is just gossip. It would be sad to know the fact came known ,IMO ,someone had taken matters in their own hands dealing justice killing Paul and his Mother to find out later there were other factors/ and other people which had been delaying the trial.
Please excuse if grammer is wrong, got children on School Holidays.

Can someone help me with information regarding the Boat Accident which family was facing Court and legal battle. I read all the teenagers were drinking under age and under the influence. But what did Miss Beach died from? Injuries from falling from the boat, hitting part of the bridge or was it drowning? There was one person who had serious injuries which was reported by you and newspapers shared.
Also the teenagers in the boat were unsure who actually pulled the throttle suddenly at full speed causing the accident, there were three people at the wheel it was dark/foggy even the reports which I read suppled in the thread said "They believed Paul was at the wheel driving the boat".
Was fully confirmed he was driving the boat and I missed this detail, I am sorry.
MOO, there was a lot going on with Murdaugh Family more than what we know.
Hardest thing is people saying Paul Murdaugh was delaying the trial, but without fact it is just gossip. It would be sad to know the fact came known ,IMO ,someone had taken matters in their own hands dealing justice killing Paul and his Mother to find out later there were other factors/ and other people which had been delaying the trial.
Please excuse if grammer is wrong, got children on School Holidays.

Mallory died from blunt force trauma and drowning. Most likely at the crash, she was either thrown into the piling or something on the boat knocking her unconscious and into the water.

Based on depositions from the boat occupants, they assumed Paul was driving the boat but there is no proof of that.

As for delaying the trial, a lot of trials were delayed due to Covid. However, I'm sure AM has the legal knowledge to delay a trial if so wanted.

During weddings and funerals, there isn't an active police investigation underway. So, I disagree that Occam's Razor says that here. This was a much riskier break-in.
Or, the break-in could be related to the murder only to the degree someone Paul knew felt the need to get something out of his apartment either to protect themself from incriminating info that would be discovered during the inevitable upcoming LE search. Or perhaps a friend went in to clear out items they knew Paul wouldn’t have wanted to be discovered.

An attorney for another passenger in the boat said he was encouraged the state was looking into “the inexplicable disappearance of important evidence and other lapses by the initial investigating authorities.”

Investigation into Murdaugh slayings shines new light on old cases

Any word on what the evidence was that disappeared?

Or, the break-in could be related to the murder only to the degree someone Paul knew felt the need to get something out of his apartment either to protect themself from incriminating info that would be discovered during the inevitable upcoming LE search. Or perhaps a friend went in to clear out items they knew Paul wouldn’t have wanted to be discovered.

Could be, or

If what was found was at the apartment that has the SS case reopened, could possible jeopardize the “link” to PM. Jmo

Is “Randy M” = AM ? IIRC Alex is his middle name …

The neighbor’s line about MM being drug out or whatever … if there was evidence of that, would LE have just said there’s no threat & kept it on DL for a week ?

Just can’t wrap head around how this went from LE acting like a it was a no-brainer to a soap opera….
Did LE first think it was domestic & then change course?
Is LE even speaking on it, or is this all media gossip & leaks from AM’s attys ?
Maybe LE still thinks domestic & family is just trying to spin away … is there reward other than what’s put up by the family?
Sorry haven’t been following!

I would not be surprised if M has engaged a PR group and some of the info found on social media is put out by them (?)

For a town this small 2650 population they sure have alot of deaths. The housekeeper, Steven Smith, Mallory, MM and PM. Its like the game, Clue or a Whodunit play.
Yes! Lol! I was thinking St Mary Mead. Or as Gordian said Cabot Cove. Lol!
But, on a more serious side your post makes a very good point.

Any time there's a whiff of money around a case, I get concerned.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

In cases like this one, where I strongly suspect the motive to be a financial one, I focus on one central question:

"Cui Bono?"
Yes, who stands, to gain from a crime will be the responsible one.

I fear we are going to find all these deaths are intertwined...

Since it failed and they were headed to trial. Beach family would want the trial. They wanted justice. Marduagh's wouldnt want the trial. MOO

A trial would bring so much hidden information out from cracks and crevices.

The M family would also have the financial and legal resources to potentially bury a Plaintiff's attorney with less resources to draw from, IMO.

I think they'd be amenable to settling now (the M's) Lots of bad stuff coming out from which they may never recover. It's bad enough they've already lost two family members.

An attorney for another passenger in the boat said he was encouraged the state was looking into “the inexplicable disappearance of important evidence and other lapses by the initial investigating authorities.”

Investigation into Murdaugh slayings shines new light on old cases

Any word on what the evidence was that disappeared?

BBM

These are just tips off the iceberg. This is gonna get bad.

Any time there's a whiff of money around a case, I get concerned.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil."

In cases like this one, where I strongly suspect the motive to be a financial one, I focus on one central question:

"Cui Bono?"

Money for sure could be the motive for the murders but it might be the lack of progress and monetary settlement in the civil suit that proves to be the true motive. A few days prior to the murders, the M's were fighting the release of financial documents, claiming the interrogatories were too broad. Those documents alone would have given the court an idea of what these folks were really worth and what they could pay.

Combine that with the slow walk of PM's criminal proceedings and perhaps that drove someone to take the law into their own hands.

JMO

Money for sure could be the motive for the murders but it might be the lack of progress and monetary settlement in the civil suit that proves to be the true motive. A few days prior to the murders, the M's were fighting the release of financial documents, claiming the interrogatories were too broad. Those documents alone would have given the court an idea of what these folks were really worth and what they could pay.

Combine that with the slow walk of PM's criminal proceedings and perhaps that drove someone to take the law into their own hands.

JMO
An Excellent post.

I'm going to go on record as saying that I ain't buying the suggestion that PM was the sole intended target and that MM was simply "in the wrong place at the wrong time."

It was, after all, the woman's house.
It was after 9 pm on a weeknight.
I'm not exactly sure where else she was supposed to be after dark on a weeknight.

I can't imagine the woman's presence at her own home on a weeknight would come as a complete shock to the killer(s).

I'm seeing signs of someone perhaps planting a false narrative.
Someone may be attempting to muddy the investigative waters so that that LE can't spot the monster slithering beneath the surface.

I'm openly speculating that someone would LIKE us all to believe PM was the sole intended target.
If PM was the sole intended target, the list of suspects is long, indeed.

But if MM was ALSO an intended victim, that list likely becomes considerably shorter, and this case becomes much more straightforward.

I think this will prove to be a two birds/one stone crime.

The fact that two guns were used, notwithstanding.

J.M.O.

Last edited:
I really hope the national news media starts shining a brighter light into these cases and this family. If not then I’m afraid these 2 murders will get swept under the rug like the previous ones related to this case. They could easily have some of the SLED officers under their thumb too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16