SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you.

However all Teenagers had been drinking as well on that tragic night. We look back on our past as teenagers we had done the same thing as well .IMO
In the 1980's, I confess teenagers and myself at the age of 15/16 years (legal Age was still is 18 years in Australia) attended a party by Adults and drank underage. There were sore heads the next day, the worse was for me yes I got a bit drunk however my foster carer (who was at the party) not only informed me, my disgraceful attics they also called my school, local church and phoned all my friends to inform what I had done.(All turned out to be untrue) I asked the host not only denied it but showed party video which showed I was asleep on couch . When said my carer was about to inform my Welfare Officer (Stint in the Reform Girls Home for a few weeks would be good for me she said), I was grateful to my host and kids at the party showing the Carer was at the party as well with me while I was drinking sitting next to me. They said they would be happy to show the Welfare Officer this and the police. Well she still mention it to my Welfare Officer, the Welfare Officer laughed it off stated all teenager try it. .
I never again drank underage again. Host next parties were for adults only

IMO The teenagers if the young girl had not died that tragic night and other person injured would had continued to drink under age. IMO The Adults would had still allowed their children to drink under age.

Totally agree, so sad Mallory died that night, but as you say had she not died that night, they would have been picked up and the boat towed.

<modsnip>

Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be curious as to whether the remaining Murdaughs have police protection or have hired a private security team. If nothing was stolen and this indeed was a targeted hit, was it a hit on PM or MM or an intended hit to take out the family for construed past misdeeds ? If AM & RM4 are back to work at PMPED, JM is out and about, and Buster is back to his normal routine without security, the murders must have been a targeted hit on either PM or MM. IMO, the M's already know this and so does LE. Something at the crime scene allowed them to come to that conclusion and allowed them to announce the public was not in danger.

JMO

I too have wondered about security for AM & BM.

They (LE) where there the 7th and it was released the 22nd that info to open SS case was found. 15 days bout 2 weeks.

Wonder if it was something on PM phone.

SABBM:

In 2019, after a boat crashed near Parris Island, killing a young woman, Paul Murdaugh was charged with driving the boat while drunk. His father and grandfather intervened at the hospital, refusing to allow police to administer blood-alcohol tests or question the boat passengers.

Paul Murdaugh wasn’t handcuffed or taken to jail, even for fingerprinting. His mug shot was taken in a hallway with an iPhone while he was wearing street clothes. A judge later removed his bond restrictions, allowing him to travel.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252500903.html#storylink=cpy

This is beyond appalling.

JMO.

Yes, way beyond appalling. It’s a trust destroyer…makes me question everything.

I’m just a stranger posting on an Internet board. As we discuss motive, I inspect my own emotions that have developed…just reading about all that has preceded these murders. Then I imagine how others…really impacted…must feel.

The mother perhaps searching frantically for her child, in the darkness. dead in the weeds…as the lawyers are descending on the hospital to prevent breathalyzer tests and witness statements.

The video of the judge refusing to order an ankle bracelet. Drunken boating is a public safety issue…a girl was dead. Was no ankle bracelet ordered because an infraction while wearing it would mean…real consequences for PM?

Maybe my criticism is unfair and this judge never orders such impediments, standard procedure for him. I try to consider how this made sense, particularly if reports are true that PM had allegedly already been thru a alcohol diversionary program at his young age. But I live in a lake community and drunken boating is real sore issue here.

This is NOT victim blaming…PM did not create this situation.

But how to discuss this case and possible motive and not consider the emotional context that was created by the way these things were handled by those we trust to be impartial and fair.

We all understand on some level..that “some of the animals are more equal than others’’ but seldom is it so overt, so obvious, so unconcerned about public perception. Seldom are our faces ground into the barnyard gravel with the difference.

Just my sad and troubled opinions.

I also wondered about security for the family after these murders. With everything going on with Paul, I’d have kept him away from Hampton. Did he usually stay in Columbia or Edisto Beach house? I guess they had to keep an eye on him & Grandfather dying. I wouldn’t think he’d still have a lot of good friends in Hampton. I’d be scared for anyone hanging around him.

And I am wondering if LE actually really found anything to do with SS case. Was it just all the info coming out that they felt like they had to reopen the case. SS mom has not been quiet like I’m sure they expected her to. Did the killers leave something at the scene about the SS case? Is the SS case now going to used to cover up/distract from the boat case & these murders?

And I am wondering if LE actually really found anything to do with SS case. Was it just all the info coming out that they felt like they had to reopen the case. SS mom has not been quiet like I’m sure they expected her to. Did the killers leave something at the scene about the SS case? Is the SS case now going to used to cover up/distract from the boat case & these murders?
I think there’s a good chance this will turn out to be the case. Welcome to Websleuths!

Yes, way beyond appalling. It’s a trust destroyer…makes me question everything.

I’m just a stranger posting on an Internet board. As we discuss motive, I inspect my own emotions that have developed…just reading about all that has preceded these murders. Then I imagine how others…really impacted…must feel.

The mother perhaps searching frantically for her child, in the darkness. dead in the weeds…as the lawyers are descending on the hospital to prevent breathalyzer tests and witness statements.

The video of the judge refusing to order an ankle bracelet. Drunken boating is a public safety issue…a girl was dead. Was no ankle bracelet ordered because an infraction while wearing it would mean…real consequences for PM?

Maybe my criticism is unfair and this judge never orders such impediments, standard procedure for him. I try to consider how this made sense, particularly if reports are true that PM had allegedly already been thru a alcohol diversionary program at his young age. But I live in a lake community and drunken boating is real sore issue here.

This is NOT victim blaming…PM did not create this situation.

But how to discuss this case and possible motive and not consider the emotional context that was created by the way these things were handled by those we trust to be impartial and fair.

We all understand on some level..that “some of the animals are more equal than others’’ but seldom is it so overt, so obvious, so unconcerned about public perception. Seldom are our faces ground into the barnyard gravel with the difference.

Just my sad and troubled opinions.

Unfortunately and too often unfairly, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

"The coroner, Richard M. Harvey, said both victims had been shot multiple times and that the police had initially not found any weapons; he declined to elaborate."

A Mother and Son Are Found Murdered, Deepening a Mystery in South Carolina

Does the bolded above mean the police eventually did find weapons?

"To note: Gowdy said there was "some reporting the victims were bound." Law enforcement officials have not confirmed this. He also mentioned two weapons being used in the crime. SLED has made no public statement on weapons. However, multiple sources familiar with the investigation told The Island Packet and The State newspapers that Paul Murdaugh was shot several times with a shotgun, and Maggie Murdaugh was shot several times with an AR-15 assault rifle."

Live updates: National media weighs in on SC Murdaugh murders; speculation runs wild

Maggie possibly shot with an AR-15?

Senario #1: If you're a single killer, why would you bring a shotgun too if you have an AR-15 rifle with you?

Senario #2: If you're one of two killers and one of you has an AR-15, why would you then choose to bring a shotgun to an AR-15 "fight"? Wouldn't you bring an AR yourself. It's not like they are hard to find or buy in SC...very popular rifle, just ask SC Senator Lindsay Graham.

I wonder if Paul was killed with his own shotgun?

I wonder if Paul was indeed even the target like so many are theorizing?

Maybe Maggie was the target and Paul was shot because he came running to his Mom's aid, heard gunsots, dogs barking?

It was Maggie's phone that was taken/missing, not Paul's, then it was found not long after and not very far away from the murder scene.

If in fact the victims were bound, that to me only makes sense if...
#1: They were moved from one place to another place a distance away.
#2: If their execution was a longer drawn out thing. Otherwise why the need to bind them?

IMO if they were bound the killer(s) most likely invaded the main house (maybe it was primarily a robbery?) then bound and marched them down to the kennel area because that's where the killer's planned egress was, possibly through the woods there.

The other possibilty would be wanting the victims immobilized and incapable of running because you wanted to mentally terrorize them before you killed them (possibly a vendetta situation).

Maybe they caused a ruckus with the dogs to get them down there to the kennels because they didn't want to approach the main house?

It's also possible it was a combination of those two, robbery and terrorizing vendetta.

Another speculative possibility: The kennels may have housed more than just the dogs. Maybe some items of importance (legit or otherwise) to the Ms, the killers or a third party were stored/safely kept in that outbuilding. IMO

I too have wondered about security for AM & BM.

They (LE) where there the 7th and it was released the 22nd that info to open SS case was found. 15 days bout 2 weeks.

Wonder if it was something on PM phone.

Good point because nothing has been mentioned about Paul’s phone. Hopefully it’s recovered and there are some clues to go off of.

I totally believe there was something compelling on PM phone.

MOO
If there is, and it’s about the SS case, then I doubt it’s of recent origin.

Which leaves me to ponder if…whatever has (allegedly) been gleaned from this discovery…might not have bern learned years ago …if LE had followed up on tips…and interviewed the M boys.

Night
Night is defined as that period of time between one hour after official sunset of a day and one hour before official sunrise of the following day (50-11-710).

General Rules & Regulations - South Carolina Hunting | eRegulations

Night Hunting
Night hunting is unlawful except that raccoons, opossums, foxes, mink, skunk, coyotes, armadillos and hogs may be hunted at night. Information related to hunting coyotes, armadillos and feral hogs during night is provided on Feral Hog, Coyote & Armadillo Regulations of this document under specific headings for these animals.
I remember a lot of discussion about raccoon hunting at night in the Holly Bobo case

I think we need to be patient. A case like this doesn’t typically lead to a quick resolution. I think we’re talking about a criminal conspiracy here, with a minimum of two people involved.

Law enforcement seemed to know that this was a premeditated crime from the beginning, hence the “no threat to the community” remark.

That didn’t mean they had the evidence to make an arrest at the time.

Yes, there was likely corruption involved in both the boat crash, and Smith death. Those were cases the Murdaugh family could influence.

There is no sign of that here.

State law enforcement has this, and they’ve had it from the beginning. I have no reason to believe this won’t end with a resolution.
I think there's one certain sign of Murdaugh influence here. It was a family member who tracked down and retrieved MM's missing phone. That's an anomaly to me. Ordinarily LE would be involved first, not after the fact. JMO

I think there's one certain sign of Murdaugh influence here. It was a family member who tracked down and retrieved MM's missing phone. That's an anomaly to me. Ordinarily LE would be involved first, not after the fact. JMO

All we know is that a family member tracked the phone. We do not know who actually retrieved the phone.

By age 19, PM allegedly had already been thru one alcohol diversionary program when the boating accident happened and MB died.

His treatment of his long term girlfriend, as described in the depositions, included slapping her, pushing her, and spitting on her. Think about THAT for awhile.

In the same depositions, PM’s departure from the bar included an incident where he pushed over a chair in anger and almost got into a confrontation with a stranger, but his friend intervened.

His friends describe him as having a nasty alter ego “Timmy” who emerged when he was drunk.

Does anyone think that, burdened with ‘Timmy’, PM was headed for a happy, successful life?

In my opinion, PM really needed help…and not a legal posse cleaning up his mess.

‘Riding to his rescue” would have included getting him help with alcohol issues, anger issues, behavioral issues.

Maybe they were doing that. I hope so.

If not…I think the person who wrote that letter had the perfect epitaph for him…”They loved him to death.”

My opinions only.
Is there a letter? What letter?

First of all, I want to say that I’m not trying to introduce any more rumors or plain lies into this case or discussion. There’s already way too much of that in this case. A flawed victim is still a victim. All I know is what I read and I believe that this was a robbery gone wrong against a family that was known to be well off in an otherwise poor location, but other possibilities are very possible and they’re super interesting to think about. Other places across the country have had cases of political corruption leading to human trafficking. The place where I live now is the poster child for this. But I’m sure it goes on at some level in a lot of other places.

Portsmouth sex trafficking: Why it took police so long to arrest

Court docs detail how Porstmouth attorney 'demeaned' sex trafficking victims

Sex trafficking in Ohio: Women allege probation officer abused power

All it takes is a powerful dirty lawyer, a dirty prosecutor, a dirty judge, some dirty probation officers, and a corrupt local police force in an economically depressed area with a bad drug problem and you have the perfect recipe for human trafficking. Does this area of South Carolina have these same ingredients?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member