SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to law enforcement declaring that “there is no threat to the public” on the evening of the murders. After some research I concluded that the officer or investigator that is in charge of the crime scene makes that judgement call.
It is the lead LE person who must assess the factors present (crime scene evidence: whether there an active shooter?; is it a murder/suicide?; was a weapon used in the commission of a crime present at the crime scene etc.
In my opinion since there are rumors that both PM and MM were shot at close range, coupled with the possibility that other evidence that we are unaware of-
1)weapons present at the crime scene.
2)possible break in to the main house or caretakers residence.
3 perhaps tire tracks left by a vehicle that was used in commission of the murders and had left the scene.
These items allowed the lead investigator/LE to make the conclusion that it was a targeted hit and there was no threat to the public.
After all, what else could they do after doing a quick sweep of the area to ensure that there was no threat at the property ?
They very well could not have issued a BOLO because that did not have a description of the shooter(s) or vehicles to put out to the general public.
These are just my opinions.

Using the local legal term.....

I think the local term would lead to AM being identified as a solicitor (prosecutor- even if part time), but not The Solicitor (District Attorney).

The other prosecutors in the local office are called “Assistant solicitor” or “deputy solicitor” I think. They handle cases much like the person in the actual elected post.

With regard to law enforcement declaring that “there is no threat to the public” on the evening of the murders. After some research I concluded that the officer or investigator that is in charge of the crime scene makes that judgement call.
It is the lead LE person who must assess the factors present (crime scene evidence: whether there an active shooter?; is it a murder/suicide?; was a weapon used in the commission of a crime present at the crime scene etc.
In my opinion since there are rumors that both PM and MM were shot at close range, coupled with the possibility that other evidence that we are unaware of-
1)weapons present at the crime scene.
2)possible break in to the main house or caretakers residence.
3 perhaps tire tracks left by a vehicle that was used in commission of the murders and had left the scene.
These items allowed the lead investigator/LE to make the conclusion that it was a targeted hit and there was no threat to the public.
After all, what else could they do after doing a quick sweep of the area to ensure that there was no threat at the property ?
They very well could not have issued a BOLO because that did not have a description of the shooter(s) or vehicles to put out to the general public.
These are just my opinions.

Was it the county LE or SLED that made this announcement about no threat to the public? Because Colleton County later admitted that there was a conflict of interest and turned the case over, so does this mean we should be wary of any statements they made regarding it?
I'm just asking because I really don't know who made not only this statement but a few others early on in this investigation.

The Colleton County Sheriff’s Office referred inquiries about the case to SLED Tuesday morning, saying there was no threat to the public.

Mother, son shot to death at Colleton County home, coroner confirms

SLED says they received a call from local law enforcement just after 10 p.m. Monday to aid in the investigation of two people killed by at least one gunshot each.

The agency said there is no danger to the public and, at last report, no active search for suspects.

Paul Murdaugh, mother found shot to death in Colleton County | WSAV-TV

Deputies referred inquiries about the case to SLED agents Tuesday morning. Law enforcement says there is no threat to the public.

Double-slaying strikes well-known South Carolina family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member