SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With this little crusade that SLED has embarked on to squash rumors, they seem to be not understanding that there will be much more speculation, guessing, and even crazy conspiracies that will continue to float thru the community and of course online. Even this release about the rumors seems a bit empty without some progress being made on solving this mess. Is this going to be their objective now, a PR campaign against FB groups?

Its always interesting when a case gets national media attention in an area where LE is accustomed to doing their own thing without oversight. Even worse when state LE is just as bad and local news media does nothing. Suddenly big news coverage and social media shine a spotlight on the case and local LE has a conniption fit because they're used to taking care of business on their own.

Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I doubt it’s a vehicle but they said something was at the property that caused them to reopen the SS case.

Anyone recall blue paint that was mentioned upthread?

From what I can remember from the report, did they say “something” or “information” found while investigating these murders? I agree, it could be a little truth wrapped up or it could be some drunk throwing out bs on Facebook to amuse themselves. But I’m curious if it’s the truth wrap theory.

From what I can remember from the report, did they say “something” or “information” found while investigating these murders? I agree, it could be a little truth wrapped up or it could be some drunk throwing out bs on Facebook to amuse themselves. But I’m curious if it’s the truth wrap theory.

I don’t recall what term was used, this case is so slow I’m forgetting things at this pointo_O

I thought when they said Alex has an “ironclad alibi” that was a bit over zealous. Typically it’s ‘verified alibi’ or just ‘alibi’.
That was the two Murdaugh brothers using that language not LE. That they used that language didn't surprise me. Was it the lawyer or the big machinery seller who said that phase, "ironclad alibi"?

Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I doubt it’s a vehicle but they said something was at the property that caused them to reopen the SS case.

"SLED agent Michael Moscal told the investigator about trace evidence found on Smith’s clothing consisting of around 10 1mm single layer blue paint chips, the report states. Moscal said while he needed more paint chips to pinpoint a particular vehicle, a computer database indicated the paint could be from an industrial tool, dumpster or sign post. He also said Toyota used this particular paint on its vehicles from 1982 to 1988, the report states."

Investigative reports reveal search for clues in reopened 2015 hit-and-run case

As Sunshineray stated, the paint could come from tools, sign posts and older Toyotas.

I am thinking the tool option is more viable than the Toyota. Even if built in 1988, the Toyota would have been 27 years old in 2015. Though Toyotas have legendary longievity, 27 years is still a lot. A wealthy family would be less likely to keep an older vehicle and also tow off one abandoned by a care taker.

In contrast, the sheds, barns, and garages at the hunting "cabin" could well have two generations worth of little used tools including commercial type band saws, table saws, chain saws, other forestry tools, "come long" chains maybe even a portable saw mill for timber harvesting etc.

Outlying buildings also make very good locations for say, heavy drinking events and dope smoking- as well as any disputes resulting from those activities.

As Sunshineray stated, the paint could come from tools, sign posts and older Toyotas.

I am thinking the tool option is more viable than the Toyota. Even if built in 1988, the Toyota would have been 27 years old in 2015. Though Toyotas have legendary longievity, 27 years is still a lot. A wealthy family would be less likely to keep an older vehicle and also tow off one abandoned by a care taker.

In contrast, the sheds, barns, and garages at the hunting "cabin" could well have two generations worth of little used tools including commercial type band saws, table saws, chain saws, other forestry tools, "come long" chains maybe even a portable saw mill for timber harvesting etc.

Outlying buildings also make very good locations for say, heavy drinking events and dope smoking- as well as any disputes resulting from those activities.
I could believe an older Toyota may still be on the road in an area such as the low country of South Carolina where the winters are mild and road salt isn't used in the winter. Rust what what took a greater number of older cars, especially older Japanese cars, off the road. Especially if it happened to be a 4x4 pickup truck, someone in the group of friends might have such a vehicle.

"SLED agent Michael Moscal told the investigator about trace evidence found on Smith’s clothing consisting of around 10 1mm single layer blue paint chips, the report states. Moscal said while he needed more paint chips to pinpoint a particular vehicle, a computer database indicated the paint could be from an industrial tool, dumpster or sign post. He also said Toyota used this particular paint on its vehicles from 1982 to 1988, the report states."

Investigative reports reveal search for clues in reopened 2015 hit-and-run case

Thanks for posting this! It was mentioned by another poster earlier on and I couldn’t find it.

Just saw this \/ \/. Could be legit or perhaps an enterprising USC student. LOL. The Packet says the "concerned citizen" did not return their phone calls for this article.

upload_2021-8-19_23-16-36.jpeg
upload_2021-8-19_23-16-36.pngThe Island Packet

Concerned citizen’ asks for $650,000 to hire investigators in Murdaugh murders. Why?

While the S.C. Law Enforcement Division investigates the murders of Paul Murdaugh and his mother, Maggie, in June outside their rural Colleton County home, an anonymous “concerned citizen” has launched a fundraising effort to hire outside investigators....

The ’s organizer, who is not identified, claims they want to know who killed the Murdaughs....

To get those answers, the unnamed person created the page, “True Justice for Paul and Maggie Murdaugh,” with a $650,000 goal: hire a group of out-of-state private investigators to “seek out what really happened....”

The page says the fundraiser is based in Columbia.

They anonymous organizer claims the hired investigators would operate “independently of each other” to compile reports and information on the case. They also said they would set up a 24/7 tip line....

The organizer wrote that each donor — five people have contributed since July 1 — would be added to an email list and would receive updates on the investigation.

The effort has raised $55, but no donations have been posted in the past month.

Last edited:
Just saw this \/ \/. Could be legit or perhaps an enterprising USC student. LOL. The Packet says the "concerned citizen" did not return their phone calls for this article.

View attachment 309506
View attachment 309507The Island Packet

Concerned citizen’ asks for $650,000 to hire investigators in Murdaugh murders. Why?

While the S.C. Law Enforcement Division investigates the murders of Paul Murdaugh and his mother, Maggie, in June outside their rural Colleton County home, an anonymous “concerned citizen” has launched a fundraising effort to hire outside investigators....

The ********’s organizer, who is not identified, claims they want to know who killed the Murdaughs....

To get those answers, the unnamed person created the ******** page, “True Justice for Paul and Maggie Murdaugh,” with a $650,000 goal: hire a group of out-of-state private investigators to “seek out what really happened....”

The page says the fundraiser is based in Columbia.

They anonymous organizer claims the hired investigators would operate “independently of each other” to compile reports and information on the case. They also said they would set up a 24/7 tip line....

The organizer wrote that each donor — five people have contributed since July 1 — would be added to an email list and would receive updates on the investigation.

The effort has raised $55, but no donations have been posted in the past month.

This would be great for turning up the heat but these PIs would get stonewalled by SLED and local LE. PI can be a great help tho. The FBI and MS LE love to take credit for the whole Dixie Mafia crackdown over the Sherry murders in Biloxi but it was a PI hired by the victims daughter that gave them that case on a platter. I wish they could get the FBI in on this. This case begs for better treatment.

This would be great for turning up the heat but these PIs would get stonewalled by SLED and local LE. PI can be a great help tho. The FBI and MS LE love to take credit for the whole Dixie Mafia crackdown over the Sherry murders in Biloxi but it was a PI hired by the victims daughter that gave them that case on a platter. I wish they could get the FBI in on this. This case begs for better treatment.
I agree that PIs might turn up the heat, and I certainly wish the FBI would get on this. Looks like maybe many are skeptical of this fund because it was started in early July and they've only had $55 in donations. Wish I had bucks to burn 'cause it sure would be fun to donate the entire $650k to fully underwrite the PI and alternative tip line!!:p

This Forbes magazine article is 10-years-old but will certainly give you a taste of the legal climate in Lowcountry, which is effectively the PMPED law firm. Give y'all something to do while we wait for SLED to release something else for us to chew on.

Jun 10, 2002
Home Court Advantage

I just have a hard time thinking that AMs actions as an attorney was the motive. I keep thinking that PM was the intended victim.

I just have a hard time thinking that AMs actions as an attorney was the motive. I keep thinking that PM was the intended victim.
Agree -- I don't think this had anything to do with AM's practice or solicitor's cases.

Posted Forbes article because it presents interesting insight into the community and the judicial culture. That area is the poorest in all SC because of all the suits. Economic development is a huge challenge, median income very low, not a lot of options for employment, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7