SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Hopefully things are moving along. I still want to know about their security cameras. I can't believe they didn't have any.

I can’t imagine no cameras. Security on a property is one of the earliest discussions in an investigation. The cameras could have been tampered with but no mention of it is peculiar.

I can’t imagine no cameras. Security on a property is one of the earliest discussions in an investigation. The cameras could have been tampered with but no mention of it is peculiar.
What I recall on this thread was that LE -- as you said -- immediately sent officers around to check neighboring properties for video cameras. I don't recall cameras specifically at Moselle being mentioned by LE.

I think I read somewhere in a general sort of discussion that Moselle did have cameras for deer and possibly security but they had been disabled. I do not have a source for that and I have read so much, in so many places, wouldn't know where to start to confirm that detail.

LE not mentioning the status or discovery of potential Moselle video fits with their posture during this entire investigation. If they have video evidence it could be important to building their case and therefore they don't want to say what they have or don't have.

JMO.

Redacted Murdaugh murder crime scene reports offer some new details
... Further, the reports show Colleton County deputies have made efforts to find video surveillance camera systems that might have captured any visual evidence possibly connected to the crime.

The reports say Sheriff Guerry "Buddy" Hill dispatched investigators to homes and businesses in the area of Moselle Road to inquire about such video systems. It's unclear if any were found. ...

Last edited:
Interesting. Hopefully things are moving along. I still want to know about their security cameras. I can't believe they didn't have any.
They could well of had some cameras, but the location of the crime may have put the events out of camera range:

- The victims were found close to the caretakers home. Though the main home may have cameras, none may of been installed around the caretakers home to respect their privacy.

- Earlier in the threads, a forum member familiar with estate type houses and their owners stated that he strongly suspected that the family did not use the main gate to enter and leave the property.

Rather, the family probably used the side entrance that would have also been used by the caretakers and passes by the care taker's house. I cant remember why he came to that conclusion, but his reasons made sense.

As a continuation of privacy concerns and perhaps mixed with a "non gizmo" approach to life, there might not be cameras at the side entrance.

“Thought” he was driving but “can’t be sure” leaves a lot of wiggle room. I guess they keep on to this story since there isn’t any info on the actual murders.
What I find incredible is that AC was extremely vocal at the scene yelling and cursing at PM about his laughing demeanor when MB was gone and it seemed, in AC's mind, it was PM's fault. Then he actually asks the officer if he knew of AM and that was AM's son, yet none of what he said wound up in the police reports. It's a miracle the audio of all that survived somehow to now tell the truth.

What I find incredible is that AC was extremely vocal at the scene yelling and cursing at PM about his laughing demeanor when MB was gone and it seemed, in AC's mind, it was PM's fault. Then he actually asks the officer if he knew of AM and that was AM's son, yet none of what he said wound up in the police reports. It's a miracle the audio of all that survived somehow to now tell the truth.

I agree and that audio kind of sums it up and says a lot about LE in the area.

Now this should stir things up, the SC prosecutor has excused himself from the Murdaugh murder case !

SC prosecutor steps aside from Murdaugh murder case, citing new developments
Yes, it’s the one thing I’ve been waiting for. It’s a clear sign SLED is focusing on someone. I’m not a huge fan of the tip-off though. If this person (or these people) isn’t aware of the fact that they are a major focus, they certainly are now.

Things are about to start moving (visibly), it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member