SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal dynasty heir whose son and wife were found shot dead is shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

"The heir to a powerful legal dynasty whose wife and son were found shot dead in June has been rushed to hospital after being shot in the head.

Alex Murdaugh was injured in Hampton County, South Carolina, on Saturday and rushed to hospital in Savannah for treatment.

No further updates on his condition have been given. South Carolina's Law Enforcement Division was called out to the incident at 1:30pm EST Saturday.

Investigators are now probing what happened, and have not offered any details on who shot Murdaugh, or why.

His attorney Jim Griffin told the News Observer that the widower had been on his way to Charleston hours before the shooting, but had suffered car trouble, and paused his trip."

This case is so intriguing. I’m so nosy. I have to go back and read but I am highly suspicious of these backroads car breakdowns. Sounds like a plot from a movie or a book.

I hope that Mr Murdaugh will recover and have some reliable information to share with LE. And I hope I hear about because I am so nosy.

So, assuming this was on a busy road and witnesses were there, right? Otherwise, how would Alex still be alive and have gotten such quick emergency medical attention?

I hope he's ok. It will be interesting to learn more details. Such an unusual situation.

So, assuming this was on a busy road and witnesses were there, right? Otherwise, how would Alex still be alive and have gotten such quick emergency medical attention?

I hope he's ok. It will be interesting to learn more details. Such an unusual situation.

Is that road the same name of the river that they were investigating?

If this was self-inflicted it must mean he was about to be arrested.
Self inflicted was my first guess.

Article posted 2 or 3 posts up says he was changing a tire when someone drove by and shot him?? Odd, was he being followed, did someone tamper with his tire, or is it more smoke and mirrors?

Poor guy shot in the head. But. He has been named a Person of Interest (up thread mentions that).

Does that mean he can be sleuthed now? I know. How callus. I’m sorry. IMO

No, by WS standards, he is not considered a POI at this time.

I strongly suspect that Crime Online used FITSNews as a source at the time . FITSNews (June 9, 2021) had attributed the POI status to unnamed LE sources. LE and no other MSM has ever stated that Alex Murdaugh is a POI or suspect and attributed it to any identifiable law enforcement source.

Crime Online may have different standards and of course they are entitled to, but the above is why FITSNews is not approved as a source at Websleuths.

This development is stunning.

Is the location where AM was found by any chance “The Island,” the property owned by late grandad where the partying started with PM and his friends?

No, but not too far away. Here's what I found on Google maps. It's the middle of nowhere, near a small church. Two lane highway.

Google Maps

ETA: Correction, it's not too far from the hunting property at Islandton, SC, where Paul and his mother were killed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member