SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand changing tires is not everyone's area of expertise which is fine. They've helped me out plenty as well which is why I'm still a AAA member. However, changing ones own tire is hardly some crazy occurrence
That is true. I’m sure many people do it. (Especially guys). I don’t see anything suspicious about the tire changing at this point. Jmo

Can anyone explain how 2 shooters can shoot out of the side window of a truck? How would the driver be able to aim?

And only 5 bullets each.

I don't see how it's possible.

It's my understanding that the truck passed Mr. Murdaugh's Mercedes. Then, the driver turned the truck around and drove to the location of the crime scene.

I think two individuals were inside the truck but only the driver fired shots leaving the victim with a superficial or a surface wound on his head.

Oddly enough, the flight to the hospital flew AM to another state, GA, or appx 7 miles less than traveling to Charleston.

"Murdaugh, whose wife and son were shot to death in June in an as-yet unsolved killing, was traveling to Charleston Saturday afternoon when he had a flat tire, as CrimeOnline previously reported. While he was fixing the tire, a truck drove by, turned around, and someone inside shot him.

The Hampton County Sheriff’s Office secured the scene, and emergency medical personnel arranged air transport to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia."

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh Recovering From ‘Superficial’ Wound to the Head; State Officials Investigate Shooting

I’m sure there was blood, but it’s probably not something that you’re going to be able to see in a photo or video.

It seems it looked worse than it was, as he was transported by helicopter to the hospital.

I scrubbed in surgery for a neurosurgeon. The scalp is highly vascular.
  • Dense Connective tissue – connects the skin to the epicranial aponeurosis. It is richly vascularised and innervated.
    • The blood vessels within the layer are highly adherent to the connective tissue. This renders them unable to constrict fully if lacerated – and so the scalp can be a site of profuse bleeding.
The Scalp - Layers - Innervation - Blood Supply - TeachMeAnatomy

Changing one's tire isn't crazy but when someone has just brutally murdered your wife and son and is on the loose and you don't know if they are also after you it's strange to put yourself in a vulnerable position instead of staying in the car and calling for help.
The heat, too! Middle of summer feel still.

First time I've ever heard of medical air transport being used for for a superficial wound. Can someone insist on air transport -- meaning insist on/use a private medical air transport service? JMO.
I hope it was private and requested/paid for by Alex himself. I really do. Because dispatching a public air ambulance to transport a superficially injured patient is dangerous, irresponsible and counters basic emergency response procedures. Theory being a critically injured patient’s “golden hour” should never be squandered because scarce air resources were busy transporting some guy with a boo boo on his head.

Last edited:
So that is his car parked there? I still see no evidence of tire tracks where he pulled off road through the grass.

JMO

Yes, his Mercedes Benz is seen thru the weeds. I noticed his front left tire is clearly on the road and angled toward the left. Does this indicate he stopped on the road, then backed off the road at a slight angle? Thereby, placing the flat tire off the road but not the left front tire. Regardless, it's a weird way to park a disabled Mercedes Benz by leaving the lt front area partially on the road unnecessarily by at least 8 - 12".

Why was it so important for this lawyer to get those “facts” of the case out? And i wonder what SLED thought of that? I understand if this atty was getting all sorts of media calls, but if this info was pushed out it makes me curious.

They apparently don’t think the locals need to protect themselves from identifying the vehicle or personal characteristics (brunette, bald, tall, short, young, old, male, female) of a homicidal maniac(s)!

Fascinating footage but like I have said before, I can’t imagine why if the Mercedes driver actually anticipated changing a tire, he didn't pull over on the pavement around the church a few feet earlier, or where he did pull over, get further off the road so he wouldn’t be working in the road. I feel certain that his fancy system would have indicated that the tire in question was driver’s side.

Additionally, his spokesmen and MSM have said he was changing a tire when shot. But as others have noted, the back of car isn't open and where is jack and spare? I would guess IF that was his plan he hadn't started.

I bring this up wondering if a tire check/change wasn't really his reason for stopping. Lots of muddy water. OMO.
It’s plausible when the alleged incident occurred he had completed the tire change, already put the damaged tire/jack in the trunk and was attacked while walking back to the driver door.

I'm going to throw this out there because, well, I think it's key to a LE investigation of what happened.

A vehicle going 10 mph travels 14.667 feet per second. So, for a half dozen spent cartridges to group rather closely, a shooter would have to be stationary....for the most part.

Convert 10 Miles per Hour to Feet per Second

"The semi-automatic rate is the assault rifle/semi-auto only version on rapid fire. It is the maximum rate that a weapon can fire with any degree of accuracy in semi-auto mode, usually 45-60 rpm."

Rate of fire

The rate of fire is found to vary from differing sources. However, if one takes the maximum noted here, then what you'd have is one bullet per second. Some sources say a professional could fire up to 3, or even 4 bullets per second.

Of course, number of shooters, and speed of vehicle can dramatically change ones thinking on this matter.

I also keep in mind that semi automatic handguns under normal shooting circumstances almost invariably discharge to the right. I've seen some throw spent cartridges up to 15 feet, others throw them 2 or three feet, and if a shooter is 'limp wristing' the firearm, or otherwise waving it around, the cartridge might just dribble out and fall straight down.

It is the 'discharge to the right' piece that I'm focused on.

In any event, this data gives food for thought pertaining to the grouped location of the alleged spent cartridge locations.

So, one example could be, 2 shooters, going 10 mph. The second 2 shots would be about 15 feet away from the first two, and then, the next 2 shots would be nearly 30 feet away from the first two. That would be a spread of nearly 30 feet for 6 shots from a vehicle going 10 mph.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that the truck passed Mr. Murdaugh's Mercedes. Then, the driver turned the truck around and drove to the location of the crime scene.

I think two individuals were inside the truck but only the driver fired shots leaving the victim with a superficial or a surface wound on his head.

Oddly enough, the flight to the hospital flew AM to another state, GA, or appx 7 miles less than traveling to Charleston.

"Murdaugh, whose wife and son were shot to death in June in an as-yet unsolved killing, was traveling to Charleston Saturday afternoon when he had a flat tire, as CrimeOnline previously reported. While he was fixing the tire, a truck drove by, turned around, and someone inside shot him.

The Hampton County Sheriff’s Office secured the scene, and emergency medical personnel arranged air transport to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia."

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh Recovering From ‘Superficial’ Wound to the Head; State Officials Investigate Shooting

Hmmm…. well, head wounds tend to gush blood so maybe it looked way worse than it was… and maybe this is the best facility for a head injury regardless of severity…. etc there could be any number of reasons they went to Savannah.
But I know I’m not the only one who immediately thought ‘wow a clever way to sneak out of jurisdiction!’ moo

that’s what I’ve been saying since the Murdaugh double murdaugh story first broke!!
With the Prosecutor recusing himself, finally last week, I thought there were some developments in the case then. Someone might have been feeling rattled.

The fact this happened when/where it did is not random or a coincidence.

JMO

Here is a short video with some aerial views of the AM shooting location. It's drone footage from Saturday 09/04/21.

New Alex Murdaugh Crime Scene Footage (Alex Murdaugh Shot in Hampton South Carolina)

posted Sep 5, 2021 by Eric Alan

This is very good drone video.
Note the position of the vehicle.
Is the driver side back tire on the pavement?
I dont think so.
It could be on the pavement, but I don't see it that way.
Would't pavement be preferable for changing a tire, using a jack?
Maybe not if the ground is very hard.

In addition,
Saw on TV a brief quick news video of the scene, police, evidence people. Counted individual yellow evidence markers A thru J.

There could have been more toward the driver side door but not visible.
Depth perception was not good, they looked to be very near the left back side of the vehicle, on the road and a bit off to the back side near the grass.
Also other yellow markers labeled 1 2 3.

My Depth perception could be way off or it is deceptive due to angle of video, but it seemed as though the shell casings were very close to the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3