SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The statement from the SLED spokesman had my hackles up yesterday. But I couldn’t find the verbatim quote (it wasn’t posted in the SLED newsroom). Did anyone see the verbatim?

this was the report that made me curious about the actual wording of the statement (bbm):

Crosby says the Hampton County Dispatch received a call from Alex Murdaugh at 1:34 p.m. claiming he had been shot. SLED sent personnel to the scene at 2:41 p.m. and SLED’s Lowcountry agents arrived at 3:40 p.m. Crime agents arrived within an hour later, according to Crosby.

Authorities investigating after Alex Murdaugh was found shot in the head | WCBD News 2

Yeah. It seems they didn't believe him at all.

MOD NOTE

Alex Murdaugh’s VICTIM status has not changed at this point. He is still considered a VICTIM under Websleuths’ policies, and thus is not open for negative speculation. It is troublesome that this longtime keystone of Websleuths’ policy must be continuously repeated, and then ignored over and over on some threads, this being one of them. If and when AM is charged with a crime, his VICTIM status may change. Until then, Thread Bans and Time Outs will be issued to those who are ignoring the TOS and mod reminders/warnings. Knock it off please.

Last edited:
I've been sayin' it. Those spent cartridges, if they are indeed that, are grouped such that they were fired by someone standing there, or perhaps 10 feet or so to the rear of that vehicle. If they were from drive by shooters, well, I posted some factual data on that earlier this morning, a few pages back :)

Yep, you called it correctly ! Kudos!

@adammintzer

NEW: Statement from Alex Murdaugh after Saturday shooting. “The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret…”

“I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”
Alex Murdaugh enters rehab, resigns from law firm (wistv.com)

2:22 PM · Sep 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Well, well, well.....now this puts a whole new spin on things IMO

Well, I hope there is some news soon. It leaves questions hanging whether Alex was shot, are there dangerous people at large in the community, etc.

I hope they get this figured out, if nothing else for the safety of those who live in the area. They have enough problems these days, with the pandemic and many people becoming sick and hospitalized.

I understand its a very friendly area and I'm sure the locals are becoming alarmed with all these tragic incidents in their quiet community.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254038558.html

"Alex Murdaugh, who was shot Saturday afternoon nearly three months after his wife and son were murdered, is resigning from his family’s law firm and entering drug treatment, he said in a statement Monday.

“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life,” according to the statement.

“I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret.

“I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders.

“I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt, including my family, friends and colleagues.

“I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships,” according to the statement, released by Amanda Loveday, spokesperson for Alex Murdaugh.

Murdaugh’s statement did not address his shooting.

Asked about Murdaugh’s statement, State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel said, “No comment.”

Alex Murdaugh says he will resign from law firm, enter rehab following SC shooting

"Murdaugh’s surprise statement Monday was released through his spokesperson. It was just the latest twist in a saga of wealth, power and bloodshed that has drawn international attention to a rural corner of South Carolina’s Lowcountry.

Three generations of Murdaughs have served as the region’s top prosecutor, an office they collectively held for more than eight decades. Alex Murdaugh works part time for the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office, which was once run by his father, grandfather and great-grandfather.

The courts also created a pathway for the Murdaughs to accumulate considerable wealth: The family’s century-old legal practice, PMPED Law Firm, has extracted such large payouts from its litigation that the Hampton County courthouse has a national reputation as a hostile venue for big corporations. Alex Murdaugh has worked as a personal injury lawyer with the firm. "

So many questions...

AM's admitted to a problem needing rehab, so I'm guessing drugs or alcohol most likely. I bring this up only in thinking about possible motives for the original murders of Paul and Maggie.

This alleged shooting doesn't ring right. Perhaps this was a cry for help <modsnip>

I predicted some news in this case, but I didn't see this coming.

MOO

Alex Murdaugh to resign from law firm, enter rehab after weekend shooting
HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - Alex Murdaugh has released his first statement since he was shot along a rural road in Hampton County over the weekend.

In that statement, released through his attorney, Dick Harpootlian, Murdaugh said he plans to resign from his law firm and enter rehab:

The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.

Neither Murdaugh nor Harpootlian has responded to questions about the statement.
BBM

Good to hear from you once again, State Senator (also a former prosecutor/solicitor and a criminal defense attorney) Harpootlian ….

It is a little surprising that he is resigning from the law firm, and not 'stepping away' or 'taking a leave of absence' while seeking treatment at least IMO. The death of one's parent and murder of wife & son are certainly enough to change the entire trajectory of one's life, for sure, and I can see those life altering losses, as well as addiction or mental health causing one to need extended time off, but the resignation is just very interesting.

It is a little surprising that he is resigning from the law firm, and not 'stepping away' or 'taking a leave of absence' while seeking treatment at least IMO. The death of one's parent and murder of wife & son are certainly enough to change the entire trajectory of one's life, for sure, and I can see those life altering losses, as well as addiction or mental health causing one to need extended time off, but the resignation is just very interesting.
Good point, may be related to the regretful decisions and hurting colleagues. jmo

I guess if he resigns that would mean he’s not legally attached to the firm at all?

I’ve seen several attorneys in my city battle drug/alcohol issues (all of whom were partners and/or their name was on the firm). In virtually every scenario, something came to a head (DUI, caught stealing pills, etc.). In every single case, they went to rehab and were forced to resign from their firms. I think firms really have no choice in these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member