SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’ve been loosely following the wife and son murder in the news but haven’t read here or much elsewhere aside from mainstream news headlines. The weekend shooting of husband/dad has caught my attention though and I figure if anyone has the lowdown it’s the esteemed fellow members of this forum. While I know we can’t point fingers at victims and I’d like to point out I’m not doing so, but at same time can anyone give me the quick info as to dad/husbands whereabouts at the time his son and wife were murdered? I can’t help but feel it’s a latent attempt at reinforcing a third party with intent, which there may really be. But still.
He was taking his ill father to the hospital, then stopped to check on his mother, then went home and found the bodies.

Ok I’ve been loosely following the wife and son murder in the news but haven’t read here or much elsewhere aside from mainstream news headlines. The weekend shooting of husband/dad has caught my attention though and I figure if anyone has the lowdown it’s the esteemed fellow members of this forum. While I know we can’t point fingers at victims and I’d like to point out I’m not doing so, but at same time can anyone give me the quick info as to dad/husbands whereabouts at the time his son and wife were murdered? I can’t help but feel it’s a latent attempt at reinforcing a third party with intent, which there may really be. But still.
Alex, the husband/father, was visiting his ailing father at the alleged time of the murders, and arrived home to find their bodies.

His father succumbed to his health issues only days later.

Like you, I’m open to there being a third party, but either way, it doesn’t change where I’m looking.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. Addiction grabs ahold of people differently. I've seen lawyers simply take their life due to addiction with no "wrongdoing" ever to arise.

Yes, I agree that addiction (and mental health) is different from person to person.

When I said that I don't think addiction alone would cause 'someone' to leave their legal career, I was referring to AM .. I did not italicize for emphasis, sorry.

I do not discount what AM has been through, the losses he has suffered. I referenced that in my earlier post. I applaud him (and anyone else) for seeking help, treatment, or rehab. It is possible he has had enough and knows he needs to step away.

I still think (based on the timing of the statement and the totality of what has happened, what has and hasn't been said) that the resignation is in fact interesting. That's moo.

That makes me think there may be criminal charges involved. A drug ring, money laundering, mishandling of client funds, favors etc.
I’m with you, he’s a full partner, it’s pretty well known that it’s HIS law firm, it should be a very difficult process to oust a partner, but he just walked away? <modsnip>

< modsnip> I will say that I find an full resignation incredibly significant. This situation is one of the craziest I have followed, but a resignation is NOT something that was on my crazy case bingo card.

You're right Mr. Harpootlian is very high profile. State Sen. Dick Harpootlian is mentioned as one of the two attorneys advocating for Paul Murdaugh in the Mallory Beach boat crash.

Murdaugh files motion for lenient conditions in deadly boat crash - published on Friday, July 26th 2019:

"State Sen. Dick Harpootlian and James M. Griffin, Murdaugh's attorney, asked the judge Tuesday to change the bond conditions. Which would allow Murdaugh to go anywhere within South Carolina so that he may “attend college, work, live, consult with his attorneys and for any other lawful purpose", according to the Island Packet."

One can be a S.C. State Senator and a practicing attorney at the same time?

I've been sayin' it. Those spent cartridges, if they are indeed that, are grouped such that they were fired by someone standing there, or perhaps 10 feet or so to the rear of that vehicle. If they were from drive by shooters, well, I posted some factual data on that earlier this morning, a few pages back :)
Just putting this out there...everyone is assuming the evidence markers are shell casings when they could be holes in the asphalt.

I wrote a rather lengthy post on this topic - but I didn't have your casings details.

So, the "truck" had to be stopped or nearly so, for that to happen. And if back driver's side, then shots were fired from passenger's side of the truck (meaning that unless the driver is actually shooting past his own passenger's head that only one person fired. At any rate, had to be going slo-o-oowly in order for the casings to all be at the back driver's side (I realize that it would only take seconds for this to happen - gun firing quickly, truck driving very slowly, or stopped).

No bullets hitting the vehicle (and therefore being found) is absolutely amazing. These two crooks are the worst shots ever. They must have pulled up alongside, fired 7-10 rounds (one of them did), and only managed to graze his scalp or something.

Wow. Anyway, I need to revise my post.

I hope they're out there with a metal detector - bullets must be close by (unless all of them somehow flew over the car - so that Mr. Murdaugh surely must have stood up between the car and the truck as he attempted to flee.

How lucky for him.
Miraculously, actually.

MOD NOTE

Alex Murdaugh’s VICTIM status has not changed at this point. He is still considered a VICTIM under Websleuths’ policies, and thus is not open for negative speculation. It is troublesome that this longtime keystone of Websleuths’ policy must be continuously repeated, and then ignored over and over on some threads, this being one of them. If and when AM is charged with a crime, his VICTIM status may change. Until then, Thread Bans and Time Outs will be issued to those who are ignoring the TOS and mod reminders/warnings. Knock it off please.
As a lurker on several reddit and facebook sites I must add that I am very impressed by the integrity of this site. There is a virtual social media witch hunt going on and I only hope no harm comes to someone as a result.

Can a deal be made with the firm that he leave in exchange for no criminal charges?
Not exactly, criminal charges are filed by the state or federal government. But at this point, as the Moderator pointed out, he’s still classified as a victim. The firm hasn’t released a statement so I guess we can only speculate.
MOD NOTE

Alex Murdaugh’s VICTIM status has not changed at this point. He is still considered a VICTIM under Websleuths’ policies, and thus is not open for negative speculation. It is troublesome that this longtime keystone of Websleuths’ policy must be continuously repeated, and then ignored over and over on some threads, this being one of them. If and when AM is charged with a crime, his VICTIM status may change. Until then, Thread Bans and Time Outs will be issued to those who are ignoring the TOS and mod reminders/warnings. Knock it off please.

Last edited:
Agree, thanks.
And if SLED should contradict Alec’s account of Saturday’s events, this would be a good time for AM to cut ties with the law firm, while making him (AM) unavailable for comment while away at rehab.

In addition, there’s an investigation into casting doubt on who was driving the boat, that could potentially be harmful to the law firm.

Considering the events of today.?

August 11, 2 weeks 2 days ago

Stone asks Wilson to “assume all prosecutorial functions in this matter effective immediately” and states the request came “considering the events of today” in the State Law Enforcement Division’s investigation of the double shooting.

Letter confirms solicitor removed himself from prosecuting Murdaugh killing cases

June 18
SC Attorney General investigating police handling of Mallory Beach boat crash, sources say

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252191413.html

Possible connection.?

Yeah, what happened to the first guy, the one who incorrectly said he was taken to MUSC?

I don't find anything suspicious with the mix up over which hospital he was sent to. That region of South Carolina is now experiencing a heavy overload of COVID 19 patients in ICU's. Most of their hospitals are very busy, especially with pediatric patients.

south carolina covid 19 hospitalization full - Google Search

I'm also struck by the statement from AM in which the only time he mentions his murdered wife and son, its in the context of how their deaths have put him under stress. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member