SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’ve been loosely following the wife and son murder in the news but haven’t read here or much elsewhere aside from mainstream news headlines. The weekend shooting of husband/dad has caught my attention though and I figure if anyone has the lowdown it’s the esteemed fellow members of this forum. While I know we can’t point fingers at victims and I’d like to point out I’m not doing so, but at same time can anyone give me the quick info as to dad/husbands whereabouts at the time his son and wife were murdered? I can’t help but feel it’s a latent attempt at reinforcing a third party with intent, which there may really be. But still.
Taking his terminally ill father to the hospital and then returning to his parent's home to see his mother, who I understand has advanced Alzheimers. From there he drove to Moselle property and found his wife and son dead.

I don't see how Sled can continue to keep quiet about this.The public has a right to know if we have a shooter out there.AM was said to have seen the truck circling back so he had a good look.So what is the color and make and why aren't we given an update to be on the lookout for it?

Considering the events of today.?

August 11, 2 weeks 2 days ago

Stone asks Wilson to “assume all prosecutorial functions in this matter effective immediately” and states the request came “considering the events of today” in the State Law Enforcement Division’s investigation of the double shooting.

Letter confirms solicitor removed himself from prosecuting Murdaugh killing cases

June 18
SC Attorney General investigating police handling of Mallory Beach boat crash, sources say

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252191413.html

Possible connection.?
Yes!

And if SLED should contradict Alec’s account of Saturday’s events, this would be a good time for AM to cut ties with the law firm, while making him (AM) unavailable for comment while away at rehab.

In addition, there’s an investigation into casting doubt on who was driving the boat, that could potentially be harmful to the law firm.
Poor Buster!

I don't see how Sled can continue to keep quiet about this.The public has a right to know if we have a shooter out there.AM was said to have seen the truck circling back so he had a good look.So what is the color and make and why aren't we given an update to be on the lookout for it?
SLED has taken a lot of heat of late for how they’ve handled other cases where this family is involved, so I’m sure they are being VERY careful about what info they release and when they release it.

Taking his terminally ill father to the hospital and then returning to his parent's home to see his mother, who I understand has advanced Alzheimers. From there he drove to Moselle property and found his wife and son dead.
If I'm not mistaken, AM's "airtight alibi" came from AM's brother Randy and another brother. All announced during a morning program on national TV. I am not aware that SLED has commented on this alibi one way or another.

Speaking of the reward, who puts a deadline on giving information?! You must give the information by Sept. 30 to be eligible for the reward. <modsnip> Is that because his insurance policy is about to expire? Geez…

This is not uncommon. I have seen a deadline stated in several rewards in recent criminal cases. I believe it is set to expedite the exchange of pertinent info to the case. Here is an example from Crimestoppers of Minnesota…..
A reward authorized for payment will remain eligible for collection for 90 calendar days from the date we provide the tipster notification of that payment being available. After that 90 day period if not collected, our payment offer will expire. Uncollected money will then be returned to the Crime Stoppers of Minnesota reward fund for future rewards.
How it Works - Crime Stoppers of Minnesota

MOO, but the 10 casings might not just be from the attacker(s). I would be more surprised if AM wasn’t carrying his own weapon for self defense than if he was. He just lost his wife and son to a violent murder, and he has a hunting property which would imply he’s familiar with firearms. For him to choose to arm himself for self defense and have the ability to return fire would make sense to me in this case. That would easily explain the amount of shots fired and that AM would survive the attack.
In that case it should be no problem with investigators having his weapon in hand to determine if any shots were fired.

This is not uncommon. I have seen a deadline stated in several rewards in recent criminal cases. I believe it is set to expedite the exchange of pertinent info to the case. Here is an example from Crimestoppers of Minnesota…..

How it Works - Crime Stoppers of Minnesota
Isn't that a bit different though as it says 90 days after a tipster is notified they got an award.

The Murdaugh time frame is for the actually information coming in by that date. After that date if you tip info that leads to an arrest and conviction there is no reward being offered.

Well, that's quite a white rabbit that he pulled out of his hat. I'm holding my breath waiting for the dove and the handkerchiefs. Moo.
well the murdaugh case surely pulled this rabbit out of a hat. Haven't been on the forum for quite awhile, so catching up. Nice to see so many new "faces" here. I'm sure this was posted but for those that are just joining the threads:

https://www.wsav.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/75/2021/06/Murdaugh-reports-redacted.pdf

You misunderstood me. I'm saying that I know lots of court people - but not in SC. You said "all of" the people and I said that was not my experience - out here on the West Coast.

That's all I meant. It had nothing to do with whether AM is licensed to carry, but whether your perception of whether people tell whether they are carrying. You said "I have associations with local court folk, and local LE. With the state of things in that field, the rule of thumb is to always carry, tell no one.."

I only meant that where I live, people are pretty open about whether they have a permit. No one can go into my place of work with a gun, without a permit, and they have to have special permission (which is mediated by managers - so all the managers know, which means everyone knows...)

In fact, in my county, you can ask the Sheriff for the public list of people licensed to carry (concealed - no open carry here). So it's not kept on the down low everywhere.

My state has some of the most lenient gun laws in the nation. Here you do not need a permit to carry, in fact we have open carry, meaning you can walk down the sidewalk in broad daylight with a pistol strapped to your hip. In fact many people do. It is up to the business whether to allow anyone in the store carrying a gun. Many stores do. Hubby carries his in a holster in Walmart. You can have a loaded gun on the front seat of your car and the only requirement is if you are stopped by LE you inform them you have a gun and it is loaded.

There is nothing wrong with carrying a gun whether you are a field laborer or a lawyer or a doctor. I carry a gun in my purse. I also carry one in the center console of my vehicle when I drive it. IMO it is your choice and your right. But you should take safety classes and use safe practices if you are a gun owner (locked gun cabinets, locked trigger guards ect) to prevent children from getting a gun and accidently firing it. You should also go to the firing range to practice firing your gun so you become comfortable and accurate with it. That helps you keep your cool in a situation where you might be called to use it and less likely to fire it in a tense situation.

But I definitely want to be able to defend myself if someone attacks me. So if AM was carrying a gun I feel that would be his right and in fact in view of past events close to him I would be very surprised if he wasn't carrying and if I was him I would most certainly let people know.

JMO

So you're saying that car passed him by going around him in the opposite (oncoming) lane, made a U and got behind him again. That's not how I'm looking at the MSM maps and arrows at all.

I understand it that the truck passed by in its normal lane, made a U and came back alongside AM's SUV.

He had already pulled off. But very interesting if the car was originally coming from the direction of his house.
Very interesting indeed.

I guess if he resigns that would mean he’s not legally attached to the firm at all?
I would think that depends.

Say, for example, SLED's investigation into the PM and MM murders had discovered evidence of some kind of obstruction of justice or tampering with/concealing evidence in either the boat crash cases OR in the investigation into Stephen Smith's death. (This is a HYPOTHETICAL example; I am not aware of or familiar with any claims or evidence demonstrating this to be the case.)

If a party was involved in such activity in relation to either of those events and that same party was also involved in prosecuting, defending, or making claims in other criminal or civil cases - either in association with the prosecutor's office or the law firm, I could see that questions might arise in relation to other cases in which those offices were involved.

That is, it would open up a whole can of worms that both that District Solicitor as well as the other attorneys in that law firm would prefer to avoid.

That is true. I’m sure many people do it. (Especially guys). I don’t see anything suspicious about the tire changing at this point. Jmo

I am a woman and have changed my own tire. I live in a county where there are long spots without a house. In the days before cell phones (yeah I am that old) if you had a flat tire without any houses close you changed it yourself. JMO

These are a possibility…..AM was attempting to change a tire or appear to change a tire and a truck or car went by him…..at this point one of four things happened:

1) as stated the car or truck went by, turned around came back and fired shots

2) as stated the car or truck went by and saw a body on the side of the road, turned around came back to see what happened…..the occupants saw it was AM and blood coming out of his head…..not wanting to get involved, they left

3) as stated a truck or car drove by, AM was waiting for any car or truck to go buy at which time he fired the last shot….he previously fired other shots, the car or truck either came back or drove on either not hearing or not wanting to go back

4) and last….there was no truck, no car, nothing….just AM on that road….a story in the works

all MOO as I reading and thinking of this case

The Murdaughs are a prominent family in South Carolina. They have prosecuted many people. They have also been implicated in deaths of Mallory Beach and Stephen Smith. They likely have many enemies as a result.

Powerful SC family faces scrutiny following boat crash that killed 19-year-old woman
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article227456544.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member