SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just that in most all of these cases that I’ve followed, the immediate family and friends, are usually up front and publicly trying to get help with solving the crime.
So sorry. Maggie. No, I don't find it strange family is not speaking out because I am sure (in a way he did in the boat crash hospital room) AM has asked (no told) everyone to stay quiet and let SLED ( and his law firm) take care of this business.

I don't find it at all strange that Maggie's parents have not said anything publicly
about the current state of affairs. I can't help but think they believe justice will be served. They sent their condolences to the Murdaughs re the murder of son and wife. What else should they be saying? This civil suit is going to happen whether anyone likes it or not and the burden of proof is much lower in a civil trial than a criminal trial. AM and BM are going to get hammered.
Are you referring to Maggie (MM) or Mallory’s (MB) parents?

Why do you think the state AG isn't requesting Mr. Stone recuse himself...in writing...since "the office has no documents showing any agency asked the solicitor’s office to recuse itself."

I don’t think this AG wants to rattle SLED, or DNR for that matter. I don’t see how the DOJ and FBI have stayed so clear of these murders. I don’t think getting the FBI involved has even been mentioned.

Why would the FBI be involved? AFAIK, nothing interstate has happened, or at least been discovered, and I don't think there's any evidence of kidnapping, which is the FBI's territory.

Local and state LE often reach out to the FBI for assistance in cases. This case in particular, with the victims being related to a state prosecutor, certainly should be in federal hands.

I actually find #1 to be the most plausible explanation.

I agree that something about the weirdness here makes #1 feel like a fit, but … the son & older brother of the victims is just moving on? And / or the father & husband of the victims? If there were only one victim & some semblance of an accidental death, maybe …. MOO

I guess a family might try to deal with it as an internal matter, thinking that regardless how upset they are no further good can come from LE / public involvement … idk JMO

Sure wish we could entice one of our WS certified experts in LE to this case — someone who would be willing to comment on explanations for the silence from SLED, silence from families, various reasons its taking so long, why they wouldn't ask FBI to help, etc.

I grew up in the south amongst wealthy “old money” families. I’d be very surprised if the family was outspoken as that would be seen is a lower class thing to do. With the wealthy debutant elite, appearance is paramount and privacy, seeming completely together is crucial in that culture.

IMO I feel that Murdaugh Family, their business, the Local LE, Court System or any one involved will keep quiet and not reveal anything or make any comment. These murders will stall just like the Ramsey case. No one will talk, no trial will happen, nothing will be solved. Yet, all these people know who committed the murders. It just will not be solved because the murderer(s) is/are well known. Also there could be repercussions (by those in power) towards anyone that reveals the truth.
Even though WS members will always work on the case as well as others, and probably have figured out many answers, if the authorities don’t step up to the plate and take charge, these murders will not be solved.
“Good old boy” will always be alive and well. If anything is solved, I will be very shocked.
All this is JMOO.

What scenarios come to mind where the mention of ‘no threat’ and ‘reward’ are combined in an investigation?

I think the "no threat" is LE' s way of telling the public it's none of your business so stay out of it.
The reward offer could possibly signal a lot of things but I'm trying to look past what the M's want it to signal.
I've asked several times: what were they looking for in the river immediately after the reward was announced? Well the obvious answer is a murder weapon or something else related to this crime but now I'm feeling like theres another answer. I'm starting to think what they were looking for was nothing. It may have all just been for show.

I think the "no threat" is LE' s way of telling the public it's none of your business so stay out of it.
The reward offer could possibly signal a lot of things but I'm trying to look past what the M's want it to signal.
I've asked several times: what were they looking for in the river immediately after the reward was announced? Well the obvious answer is a murder weapon or something else related to this crime but now I'm feeling like theres another answer. I'm starting to think what they were looking for was nothing. It may have all just been for show.

Since it was so close, they may have dove it just to eliminate the possibility of something being there. Maybe they had info on something but it hasn’t been stated.

I thought they searched the swamp the very day the tip line was set up, within hours of tip line being activated?

Hi Everyone. I'm late to the show here, as usual. Also, I've been MIA for awhile, so if my post breaks any rules, I apologize up front for that, and please correct me. I've recently gone back to school and my most recent class was "Digital Storytelling". I learned how to Podcast, and in that process, I had to listen to several podcasts. I have now listened to 2 different Murdaugh Murders Podcasts. I grew up in South Carolina, and half of my family still lives there.
<modsnip: No approved link to info stated as fact>It is quite obvious that this family is well connected. As far as the murders go, I personally think that it is ridiculous to think that they are unrelated to the boat crash. I believe all of this is tied together. <modsnip: No approved link to info stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:

I always thought that "no threat to the community" meant that LE knew who did it, and that it was targeted and it's very unlikely that random people are in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste