SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in that article...SLED asked Stone for help the day after the murders...for legal advice and investigative support. Stone's spokesman seems awful confrontational in his reply about whether the state's AG has asked for him to recuse himself. I'd be easy just to say "No"...if the answer to that question was "No". AJMO

Murdaughs’ work for prosecutor’s office outlined as murder investigation continues

The Solicitor’s Office said the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division first contacted the office for help with the double homicide investigation during a phone call at 12:29 a.m. June 8...

The agency said it is offering legal advice and “investigative support” to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division investigating Paul and Maggie Murdaugh’s murder.

Asked whether the S.C. Attorney General’s Office had requested the Solicitor’s Office to step away from the murder investigation, Kidd responded that the S.C. Freedom of Information Act “does not oblige a public body to respond to open-ended interrogatories.” But he said the office has no documents showing any agency asked the solicitor’s office to recuse itself.

This is also known as the fox guarding the hen house, or something like that. Duffie Stone wouId be Robin to AM being Batman. The solicitor’s office won’t even admit to the extent that AM worked for them. Duffie Stone was hand picked for that office by The patriarch for a reason. It’s called holding on to power. Not much different that when Vladimir Putin let that Medvedev be president for those few years. Putin was still running the show.

I think "normal" people are more likely to take to the airwaves to plead for more attention and a break in the case. If you're a Murdaugh, you are already so close to the investigation, and must know all of the developments as they happen. So, nothing to complain about. Imo

It’s weird that Maggie’s family hasn’t said anything publicly. On a Facebook group (total bull crap I’m sure) someone claimed to know them and said her family was just waiting for the DNA results to come back. That was a few weeks ago. I’d say if there are DNA results they should be back by now. I do wish that they would speak out about this.

It’s weird that Maggie’s family hasn’t said anything publicly. On a Facebook group (total bull crap I’m sure) someone claimed to know them and said her family was just waiting for the DNA results to come back. That was a few weeks ago. I’d say if there are DNA results they should be back by now. I do wish that they would speak out about this.

Could Maggie’s Family be threatened or be afraid of Alex Murdaugh, his family, or law firm? They may be quiet for safety. Also if they have their own lawyer they may be advised not to say anything to mess up a charge and or conviction. JMOO

Could Maggie’s Family be threatened or be afraid of Alex Murdaugh, his family, or law firm? They may be quiet for safety. Also if they have their own lawyer they may be advised not to say anything to mess up a charge and or conviction. JMOO

These victims a thousand percent deserve to have somebody trying to find who killed them. I can’t imagine anybody staying silent and not speaking for the victims.
It would appear that’s exactly what we are seeing here.

This is also known as the fox guarding the hen house, or something like that. Duffie Stone wouId be Robin to AM being Batman. The solicitor’s office won’t even admit to the extent that AM worked for them. Duffie Stone was hand picked for that office by The patriarch for a reason. It’s called holding on to power. Not much different that when Vladimir Putin let that Medvedev be president for those few years. Putin was still running the show.
Why do you think the state AG isn't requesting Mr. Stone recuse himself...in writing...since "the office has no documents showing any agency asked the solicitor’s office to recuse itself."

There definitely has to be a reason that they have not spoke out yet. Even just a press release saying something like they are waiting for justice to be served would speak volumes. If AM is truly innocent, and this investigation is in the process of being wrapped up and the guilty party is known to law enforcement (as the complete silence from SLED seems like it implies) then AM would benefit by being seen associating with them. I feel like their silence is saying something very loudly. I just can’t figure out what it’s saying. You know they would like to defend their daughter when the press reports comment on Maggie’s parenting by talking about Paul being so spoiled.

Going by the looks of her parent’s house on Google maps, they seem to be well off in means themselves. Plus, Summerville is in Charleston and Dorchester Counties, so they’re not living directly under the thumb of the 14th District Solicitor’s Office. So I’m not so sure they’re intimidated by the Murdaugh’s. If my daughter was murdered and I felt like I was being intimidated by someone, that wouId make me speak out even louder to ask for federal or at least the state Attorney General’s intervention.

Last edited:

Agree, it is so weird it’s bizarre at this point. It’s caused more suspicion than not.

I don't find it at all strange that Maggie's parents have not said anything publicly
about the current state of affairs. I can't help but think they believe justice will be served. They sent their condolences to the Murdaughs re the murder of son and wife. What else should they be saying? This civil suit is going to happen whether anyone likes it or not and the burden of proof is much lower in a civil trial than a criminal trial. AM and BM are going to get hammered.

IMO, For a small family that suffered such a devastating loss, AM and BM seem oddly detached. No tearful pleas for help finding the person(s) responsible for the heinous act of violence that took the lives of their wife/mother and son/brother. An announcement of a reward to be administered by the family law firm, 3 weeks after they were killed. No photos of friends/locals leaving flowers and candles near the entrance to Moselle. No local vigils. Over and done, like it never even happened.

Deceased 6/7
Buried 6/11
First public statement by the family announcing a reward 6/25

Murdaugh family offers $100K reward for info leading to murder suspect arrest, conviction | WCIV (abcnews4.com)

Maybe they were that poorly regarded in the area, that locals just felt it was best to not say anything?

The lack of local discussion reminded me, sort of, of an obituary for a 13-year-old girl who "died suddenly at home" and the message board had just a few generically-worded posts, and otherwise crickets. Usually when a young person dies, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of posts, many of them from strangers, which made me wonder if it was one of those "just as well" kinds of things - that she was very troubled, for instance, and that her death (suicide?) spared her family a lot more trauma, or, at that time, that a sibling might have killed her but we would have heard more if that was the case.

That is a good point.

In the upper south of my youth, every one I knew had a church affiliation of some sort. Likewise, even nominally religious / distantly affiliated families arranged for church funerals for relatives.

I am thinking that the lack of a church funeral in this case just shows how rapidly the country is secularizing.

We also have COVID to think about nowadays.

I don't know how well traveled PM was, but the man who eulogized him at the memorial, specifically mentioned he was known for taking his clothes off and leaving them at houses around the state. IMO PM had been drinking alcoholically for a long time. The blackouts, the Timmy persona that emerged when he drank, taking off his clothes and leaving them behind, belittling and spitting on his girlfriend, getting into trouble while intoxicated. IMO there is a lot to unpack there. The adults in his life did him a tremendous disservice by not intervening and getting him professional help. For some people excessive and binge drinking is just a passing phase and for other people it is a lot more permanent.

I came into this case thinking what an entitled brat that kid was, but the more I read the sadder I felt for him. There was not one thing in his obituary about any accomplishments in his life; no charitable endeavors, no membership in any organizations, no organized sports or clubs at school, employment, nothing about what he was studying in college or what the future held for him.

JMO

That's a really strange thing to memorialize someone for.

I thought of the late punk rocker GG Allin when I read that. DO NOT Google him on a work or public computer if you don't know who he was. Paul sounds like the rich-kid equivalent of that.

I don't find it at all strange that Maggie's parents have not said anything publicly
about the current state of affairs. I can't help but think they believe justice will be served. They sent their condolences to the Murdaughs re the murder of son and wife. What else should they be saying? This civil suit is going to happen whether anyone likes it or not and the burden of proof is much lower in a civil trial than a criminal trial. AM and BM are going to get hammered.

It’s just that in most all of these cases that I’ve followed, the immediate family and friends, are usually up front and publicly trying to get help with solving the crime.

But what if the guy who got shot had been a member of the family that ran the judicial establishment?? Surely then there would’ve been response …. I guess unless his family agreed he had it coming. But that’s not usually how families see things, that one of their own deserves to die for wrongs committed against outsiders…. especially not wealthy families who are used to having things go their way.

Nothing in this case makes much sense to me TBH …. IMO it’s very hard to believe ANY of the following circumstances:

1) someone inside the family is behind these two murders, & the remaining family members are okay with that

2) the murders were committed by an outsider who’s still unknown, but the family is taking a low-key approach to finding him

3) the murders are known to be associated with a given motive, EG revenge by locals, and the family is sympathetic enough to this motive to look the other way

When this case first happened I figured all the silence meant LE had it zipped up & any minute now would announce an arrest…. however many weeks later, that’s still the only scenario that makes sense to me … but by now it’s getting really weird … MOO

I actually find #1 to be the most plausible explanation.

That was Mallorys parents, not Maggie’s.

Do you mean it’s not weird that Mallory’s family isn’t speaking out? I believe this poster was talking about Maggie, Paul’s mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing