SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The air med teams here are based in the big hospitals, I’d imagine Charleston or Savannah in that area, and they cover a lot of rural places/smaller towns.

This is the company I'm familiar with.

This company is part of a larger network. However, this one alone states, "Air Evac Lifeteam owns and operates the world's largest fleet of more than 150 medically equipped Bell 206 helicopters, along with Bell 407, Airbus AS350 and EC 130 aircraft"

That is in addition to being part of a larger network (probably somewhat regional if I had to guess)
"Largest membership-supported air medical service in the United States, with more than 3 million members. Part of the AirMedCare Network, which includes more than 320 locations across 38 states"

https://lifeteam.net/

To the contrary. It would be quite astonishing if AM, in his position, and knowing his and the families history with firearms, and their associations with local LE, indeed, it would be very surprising if he was not licensed to carry, and armed, in SC.

As to the casings, and their positioning. I've seen the markers in the video's. It would be unusual for a vehicle driving by, with someone shooting out the window, to have the casings land so close to, and grouped together, to AM's vehicle. I guess anything is possible. Maybe they crossed the center line to get real close to him, and then slowed to a snails pace.

I haven't had time to really look at the photos/videos but I think the location of the casings should paint a pretty good picture.

That's a great point - I didn't consider that a "private medical air service" could be requested. It's a possibility, when someone has the financial ability to do so.

Otherwise, perhaps when EMS assessed A.M., they believed it was necessary (or prudent) for him to be airlifted - signs of distress aside from the superficial wound?

Just a thought.

JMO

My cousin lives rural and hours from a local hospital with no trauma center. She pays $95 a year to a air lift helicopter membership. This covers the entire household. It's pretty common is some areas. With that said, I have no doubt he is wealthy enough to have more options than the average person.

This is the company I'm familiar with.

This company is part of a larger network. However, this one alone states, "Air Evac Lifeteam owns and operates the world's largest fleet of more than 150 medically equipped Bell 206 helicopters, along with Bell 407, Airbus AS350 and EC 130 aircraft"

That is in addition to being part of a larger network (probably somewhat regional if I had to guess)
"Largest membership-supported air medical service in the United States, with more than 3 million members. Part of the AirMedCare Network, which includes more than 320 locations across 38 states"

https://lifeteam.net/
Yes, the service area map shows they cover Georgia (and other states) but not South Carolina. Probably a different company covers North and South Carolina. Service Area | Air Evac Lifeteam

Yes, the service area map shows they cover Georgia (and other states) but not South Carolina. Probably a different company covers North and South Carolina. Service Area | Air Evac Lifeteam

Yeah, I have no idea on that area but my assumption is that there is probably a group of "x" amount of regional companies under the umbrella of a larger parent company servicing the entire country and more

By detailing the vehicle and impounding it for "further investigation", this could show L.E. whether A.M.'s vehicle had been tampered with (i.e. tires).

Perhaps the "potential witnesses" SLED interviewed will help the investigation.
It certainly looks like a thorough investigation.

Murdaugh father treated for gunshot wound is 'expected to fully recover,' attorney says

Excerpts:

"SLED agents came to the scene an hour after the dispatch call. Lowcountry regional agents and SLED crime-scene agents had all reached the area by 4:30 p.m."

"Officers worked “throughout the night into Sunday morning collecting evidence, processing the crime scene, interviewing potential witnesses, and following up on potential leads,” SLED said. "

"A black Mercedes-Benz SUV driven by Alex Murdaugh was initially processed and ultimately towed to a law enforcement impound lot for further investigation."

Last edited:
My thoughts are that the Murdaugh family aren’t well liked in their area and I think that puts it mildly. I would imagine a large part of the town has ties to some of the things the family have been accused of - a couple of those incidents involving teens.

Those teens would have aunts, uncles, perhaps a lot of cousins who could all potentially be looking in some street justice.

My only conclusion is a crime of opportunity. Perhaps someone in the truck just happened upon AM changing his tire, one of them noticed it was him and “took their chance” to get some revenge. I could maybe even see all the missed shots due to the shooter trying to hurry and shoot and get out of that immediate area quickly.

The only piece for me is if it was meant as only a warning shot or were hoping to kill or maim and was just a bad or nervous shooter.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. "Oooooh, let's get another one!" that kind of thing.

First time I've ever heard of medical air transport being used for for a superficial wound. Can someone insist on air transport -- meaning insist on/use a private medical air transport service? JMO.
Maybe the local hospital wasn't capable of handling his injury? Or more likely, they didn't want to have to deal with the security issues.

I just replied to one above that I'm unsure of the details in how they work so I apologize for any miscommunication. Obviously, people will be airlifted if it's deemed necessary. However, these private plans are pretty common, especially in rural areas and it's not just for the wealthy. I know numerous people with it and while most live in rural areas, a couple of them are not but they and their kids travel a lot and it's more of a safety net for them. The cost is not crazy at all and only one of the people I know that has this plan would I consider really well off.

When I lived in my old town, the hospital I worked with offered a plan for $40 a year, which was also available for the general public, where the regionally owned helicopter would be "free" and also any insurance copays would be paid through this plan. Since such a small percentage of the population would use it, that's why it was so inexpensive - and just getting on the helicopter was about $10,000 to start. Most people who used this were sent to hospitals 100 miles or more away.

To the contrary. It would be quite astonishing if AM, in his position, and knowing his and the families history with firearms, and their associations with local LE, indeed, it would be very surprising if he was not licensed to carry, and armed, in SC.

As to the casings, and their positioning. I've seen the markers in the video's. It would be unusual for a vehicle driving by, with someone shooting out the window, to have the casings land so close to, and grouped together, to AM's vehicle. I guess anything is possible. Maybe they crossed the center line to get real close to him, and then slowed to a snails pace.

You misunderstood me. I'm saying that I know lots of court people - but not in SC. You said "all of" the people and I said that was not my experience - out here on the West Coast.

That's all I meant. It had nothing to do with whether AM is licensed to carry, but whether your perception of whether people tell whether they are carrying. You said "I have associations with local court folk, and local LE. With the state of things in that field, the rule of thumb is to always carry, tell no one.."

I only meant that where I live, people are pretty open about whether they have a permit. No one can go into my place of work with a gun, without a permit, and they have to have special permission (which is mediated by managers - so all the managers know, which means everyone knows...)

In fact, in my county, you can ask the Sheriff for the public list of people licensed to carry (concealed - no open carry here). So it's not kept on the down low everywhere.

I personally feel I would have just pulled over on the other side of the road where there is more ample space to work on my vehicle. However, everyone is different. Just as you assume everyone would not keep front wheels on the pavement with the rear downhill. Happens all the time. Ask anyone who works for a towing company.

Are you saying he was airlifted after first responders couldn't determine whether he was shot in the head (grazed or not) or hit his head on the liftgate?

Weren't the first responders...about an hour after the 911 call? Probably because the operator could tell he was pretty much okay - but he asked his brother to get the copter to come (or he had a way of dialing it up directly, sounds like to me). At any rate, pretty sure if Murdaugh insisted on coptering to the hospital with a bleeding head wound, EMT's are not going to second guess him.

I could be mistaken but I interpreted that the truck drove past him in the same direction that he was going first, then made a Uturn and shot him.

So you're saying that car passed him by going around him in the opposite (oncoming) lane, made a U and got behind him again. That's not how I'm looking at the MSM maps and arrows at all.

I understand it that the truck passed by in its normal lane, made a U and came back alongside AM's SUV.

He had already pulled off. But very interesting if the car was originally coming from the direction of his house.

Here is a short video with some aerial views of the AM shooting location. It's drone footage from Saturday 09/04/21.

New Alex Murdaugh Crime Scene Footage (Alex Murdaugh Shot in Hampton South Carolina)

posted Sep 5, 2021 by Eric Alan

Fascinating footage but like I have said before, I can’t imagine why if the Mercedes driver actually anticipated changing a tire, he didn't pull over on the pavement around the church a few feet earlier, or where he did pull over, get further off the road so he wouldn’t be working in the road. I feel certain that his fancy system would have indicated that the tire in question was driver’s side.

Additionally, his spokesmen and MSM have said he was changing a tire when shot. But as others have noted, the back of car isn't open and where is jack and spare? I would guess IF that was his plan he hadn't started.

I bring this up wondering if a tire check/change wasn't really his reason for stopping. Lots of muddy water. OMO.

That's a great point - I didn't consider that a "private medical air service" could be requested. It's a possibility, when someone has the financial ability to do so.

Otherwise, perhaps when EMS assessed A.M., they believed it was necessary (or prudent) for him to be airlifted - signs of distress aside from the superficial wound?

Just a thought.

JMO
Yes, Blood Pressure and Heartrate must have been up and he is (from looking at the pictures of that fishing tournament he attended after the murders) somewhat overweight, so that could have concerned EMS.

My cousin lives rural and hours from a local hospital with no trauma center. She pays $95 a year to a air lift helicopter membership. This covers the entire household. It's pretty common is some areas. With that said, I have no doubt he is wealthy enough to have more options than the average person.
That's an amazing deal.
I went by ambulance about 25 miles from my rural mountain home and my 20% co pay was over $2000.
The fire department arrived first and just stood around on my terrace until the ambulance came, they charged me $800 just for gas alone.

That's an amazing deal.
I went by ambulance about 25 miles from my rural mountain home and my 20% co pay was over $2000.
The fire department arrived first and just stood around on terrace until the ambulance came, they charged me $800 just for gas alone.
$800 for gas!! That's for sure gouging the injured customer:mad:

Why was it so important for this lawyer to get those “facts” of the case out? And i wonder what SLED thought of that? I understand if this atty was getting all sorts of media calls, but if this info was pushed out it makes me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhiser79