SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see that he would be meeting with SLED (BBM) over the misappropriated funds unless they had the potential to be related to the killings of MM and PM, other murders under investigation? Does that point us toward murder as retaliation or blackmail? IDK. MOO.
I inferred from the paragraph that followed in the NYT article that the SLED meeting was about the flat tire/shooting incident: BBM.

"Mr. Murdaugh’s lawyer, Jim Griffin, confirmed that Mr. Murdaugh had left the firm after being accused of misusing funds. Mr. Griffin said Mr. Murdaugh had been released from the hospital on Monday after his injury was determined to be not life-threatening and that he had immediately met with investigators from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, which is investigating the double-killing and the shooting of Mr. Murdaugh.

Mr. Murdaugh’s account of the shooting remained the same, Mr. Griffin said: Someone had driven by in a truck as he was changing a tire, then driven back around and asked if he was having car trouble. The next thing Mr. Murdaugh heard was a gunshot, Mr. Griffin said. Mr. Griffin said state law enforcement authorities had told him that no weapon had been found at the scene and that there was a slice in one of Mr. Murdaugh’s tires, details that Mr. Crosby would not confirm."

Lawyer Shot After Wife and Son Were Killed Had Been Pushed Out of Law Firm

To me this was the single major tip off from the onset. Ironically they set the stage for suspicion upon themselves by being mute. We didn’t see a spouse making public pleas to find the killers who murdered his wife and son.

*No threat
*No known enemies (not a smart analysis for a lawyer to claim. Lost all credibility on that statement).
*Silence

Add the opened investigations to the above, the spiraling out couldn’t be contained.

It just suggests to me that LE is looking at this differently than anybody else involved.

I inferred from the paragraph that followed in the NYT article that the SLED meeting was about the flat tire/shooting incident: BBM.

"Mr. Murdaugh’s lawyer, Jim Griffin, confirmed that Mr. Murdaugh had left the firm after being accused of misusing funds. Mr. Griffin said Mr. Murdaugh had been released from the hospital on Monday after his injury was determined to be not life-threatening and that he had immediately met with investigators from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, which is investigating the double-killing and the shooting of Mr. Murdaugh.

Mr. Murdaugh’s account of the shooting remained the same, Mr. Griffin said: Someone had driven by in a truck as he was changing a tire, then driven back around and asked if he was having car trouble. The next thing Mr. Murdaugh heard was a gunshot, Mr. Griffin said. Mr. Griffin said state law enforcement authorities had told him that no weapon had been found at the scene and that there was a slice in one of Mr. Murdaugh’s tires, details that Mr. Crosby would not confirm."

Lawyer Shot After Wife and Son Were Killed Had Been Pushed Out of Law Firm

Wish the FBI would get involved,& have them interview him.

Looking to see who owns the pmped building and found this.
Hope its ok.

Total Open Liens Amount

$2,125,020

101 Mulberry Street East, Hampton, SC 29924: Sales, Floorplans, Property Records | RealtyHop

who would be able to take liens out in the firm.?

ETA CORRECTION: I think this listing on the property record page is an error.

I believe this property listing may be wrong. There is no grassy lot around the law firm's address. It doesn't make sense.

This property record also indicates that the lot or part of the lot at the address for the law firm's Hampton office was listed for sale on June 10th. Three days after Maggie and Paul were murdered. The listing says it is a "motivated seller".

Could the liens and the motivated seller listing indicate possible financial concerns at the firm and the firm was concerned at least as far back as June 10th?

Last edited:
BREAKING: Maggie Murdaugh Ordered Forensic Accounting of Family Finances Before Her Murder

Maggie Murdaugh, the murdered wife of South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh, had ordered a forensic accounting of her own, in addition to the accounting done by Murdaugh’s law firm that resulted in his sudden resignation the day before he was supposedly shot in the head on a rural road.

Reporter Matt Harris, morning show host on WLNK and host of the podcast “The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence,” made the stunning announcement on “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.”

“That is the word I got from a pretty reliable source,” Harris said. “Maggie hired a forensic accountant.”

Last edited:
Mod Note:

As stated by @Sillybilly yesterday, Alex is not considered a POI in the murder of Maggie and Paul in the context of Websleuths discussions unless/until he is declared one by named Law Enforcement. This means that while Alex’s revealed actions, character and decisions can be speculated in relation to a possible contributing factor of the murders, suggesting that Alex hired or carried them out is not victim friendly at this time.

Should new details emerge from MSM to suggest LE has officially, rather than via unnamed sources, declared him a POI in the murders, WS will re-evaluate the victim friendly position in regards to Alex.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Maggie Murdaugh Ordered Forensic Accounting of Family Finances Before Her Murder

Maggie Murdaugh, the murdered wife of South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh, had ordered a forensic accounting of her own, in addition to the accounting done by Murdaugh’s law firm that resulted in his sudden resignation the day before he was supposedly shot in the head on a rural road.

Reporter Matt Harris, morning show host on WLNK and host of the podcast “The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence,” made the stunning announcement on “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.”

“That is the word I got from a pretty reliable source,” Harris said. “Maggie hired a forensic accountant.”

Yikes!

She had to have had a position in the law firm to be able to do that? No

Thank you for the info in where AM's parents reside. I'm looking it up that it is approximately 12 minutes ride from Varnville to Islandton, where Moselle property is located. So backtracking, if AM called 911 immediately upon finding the victims He left his Mom's home sometime right before 10pm. Guessing anywhere between 9:45-9:55 pm.

This is a very tight timeline when you then consider TOD is placed at 9-9:30pm. He could have missed being a victim by minutes.

That was my initial impression - that he was an intended victim, that he narrowly escaped being a victim because of the hospital visit. That leaves me with the question of why he did not leave immediately after discovering his deceased wife and son, and call 911 from a place that he knew was safe. Perhaps he was in shock, but he does re-assure the 911 operator that he is not in danger.

It makes sense to me that Maggie did this. AM and BM were being compelled to provide a full accounting of their finances as part of the Mallory Beach civil suit. Even if she did not suspect financial trouble at work or home (though my guess is she did), I think she would want to have a forensic accounting done before releasing that financial information in the lawsuit. I would also think she would seek financial advice about her options to protect herself financially. JMO.

ETA - AM certainly must have been feeling a lot of stress and pressure from all sides. MOO

Wondering if AM could have been living a double life.

Jmo
We have opioid addiction on the one hand, and millions of dollars missing on the other.

There’s definitely more to this, as that money went somewhere.

So I’d say the question isn’t if he had a double life, but rather, what form it took.

Has it occurred to anyone else that the scenario in which this shooting happened is exactly like the scene in the last episode of Yellowstone, where patriarch Dutton is shot on a rural road by someone who drove by, turned around, asked if he needed help and opened fire? JMO

When marriages are in trouble it's not unheard of for one party to move money to an unknown account. Perhaps there were suspicions of this, leading to an accounting. But that doesn't explain the alleged law firm theft. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy