SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul was charged with one felony count of BUI causing death and two felony counts of BUI causing great boldly injury. It is not correct to state that he was not charged in connection with Mallory Beach’s death.
Man charged in fatal boat crash that killed Mallory Beach
All I invited was speculation on a hypothetical question about how much the conjectural parent of a killer might theoretically need to embezzle from their imaginary law firm to be able to pay the pretend authorities to keep their presumptive despicable offspring from going to a supposed prison. Hypothetically.

Let the record show, your honor, that I am in no way libeling any person in the legal community including but not limited to members of the Murdaugh family.

<modsnip>

There was a poorly worded news article (or something along those lines), that made it sound like Alex was out shooting or something.

They meant to say that he was not present during the shooting.

His alibi involved visiting his ailing father, with a stop at his mother’s house (or something similar).

No hunting, and no shooting, as far as I’m aware. It was mentioned and never mentioned again.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a poorly worded news article (or something along those lines), that made it sound like Alex was out shooting or something.

They meant to say that he was not present during the shooting.

His alibi involved visiting his ailing father, with a stop at his mother’s house (or something similar).

No hunting, and no shooting, as far as I’m aware. It was mentioned and never mentioned again.

This alibi came from his spokespeople rather than LE also.

So far it’s only hearsay as to where he was. Hunting and the Hospital.
In the very beginning there were reports that AM had been out shooting that evening and then reports came in that he had taken his sick father to the hospital. No exact timelines were ever published to.mY knowledge, and it was never confirmed or denied that the was out shooting.

In the very beginning there were reports that AM had been out shooting that evening and then reports came in that he had taken his sick father to the hospital. No exact timelines were ever published to.mY knowledge, and it was never confirmed or denied that the was out shooting.
We believe that was a Daily Mail fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
She had to have had a position in the law firm to be able to do that? No
No, she didn’t. My sister was a forensic accountant. Wealthy families (specifically one spouse) would hire their firm to investigate personal finances. This includes well known, famous people.

MOO but hiring a forensic accountant makes me feel as if the wife was attempting to determine their true wealth. Perhaps for a potential divorce. Maybe she had had enough.

Apropos of nothing, I’ve followed several cases (read about, seen documentaries on, etc) where a potential suspect staged an event to shift the blame.

Sometimes it’s an anonymous letter to law enforcement, or some other form of communication (anonymous call).

When they were caught red handed, they invariably claimed that they thought law enforcement wasn’t taking the case seriously, and did that so they would start looking for the real perpetrator.

Im not saying that will happen here, or the shooting the other day was staged, but it’s just something to keep in mind.

True, although I tend to believe it.

It just means it’s either incredibly convenient (opening one door), or doesn’t account for the actual time of the murders (opening another one).

Agreed, there’s several doors here. I believe his alibi, I’m just curious as to why it was so important to get this info out thru high profile lawyers. And why LE wont comment on anything they have said.

Agreed, there’s several doors here. I believe his alibi, I’m just curious as to why it was so important to get this info out thru high profile lawyers. And why LE wont comment on anything they have said.
I’ve followed a few recent cases where the suspects themselves have told the media lie after lie, and even gone as far as to blast law enforcement. In all of them, LE said nothing, shared nothing, and pretended as if it didn’t happen.

They ultimately got the last laugh though.

Again forgive me. Just too long to catch up.
It hasn't been factualized where he was at the time of deaths?
How can that be?
Original reports said that he had been out shooting. Then that was quickly hushed when reports came out that he took his father to the hospital . Maybe teleporting is a thing, but I don’t think he could be in two places at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member