SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the notification of lien filed by the Beach lawyers, they own hundreds of acres in various tracts in the general Moselle/Big Salkahatchie River Basin area. Only the "Home Tract" (2 pieces) have 'improvements' on them: the property where PM & MM were murdered and a nearby property at Moselle Rd & Cross Swamp Rd.
Then they also own a property on Edisto island, which also has a house on it.

And the Island which I believe has 3 homes on it.

Eta 2 homes not 3

Last edited:
And the Island which I believe has 3 homes on it.

Eta 2 homes not 3

This is what is confusing me:

Some of the properties associated with AM and his late wife were, I believe, owned by a family trust, and some seemed to have been owned by the Law Business ( as if they can be separated).

The lawsuit is naming properties owned y the family trust, but seems to be principally land, and not residences.

I'd have thought they had a condo or two in Charleston or owned a place at the University their kids attended.

Seems unusual that arrangements were made for a helicopter before the Sheriff's office got there. I know the Sheriff is separate from medical/ambulance but that seems mighty fast to arrange a helicopter evac. JMO.
To another state...for a "superficial" wound or a not "visible injury". Only thing I can think of is there were other health reasons for the heli-evac?

We do know from his attorney they asked these questions, even going as far as to have a sketch artist involved.

As skeptical as I am about everything his attorney says, I do believe this to be true.

The issue is that Sled isn’t going to put out a description of a suspect or vehicle, if they don’t believe they exist.

The fact that they haven’t done that, is incredibly telling.
I agree, very telling

This article has the document inside.
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254102058.html
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254102058.html

A police report made public Thursday in the shooting of Alex Murdaugh says the Hampton lawyer suffered no “visible injury,” but does not clarify further.

The report, released by the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office, includes little information about the shooting, raising questions about what happened on Sept. 4. The incident is described as an attempted murder in the report.

The Sheriff’s Office checked three separate boxes in the report saying Murdaugh did not suffer a “visible injury” and was not using alcohol or drugs.

Deputies were en route to the scene when they learned Alex Murdaugh, 53, had been shot in the head and was being airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, according to the report.

A Sheriff’s Office investigator, Cpl. Kendrell Henderson, spoke with Murdaugh before he was flown out. The report does not say what they talked about.

<snip>

The narrative in the new report does not address obvious questions, including whether the box noting “visible injury” was checked in error; why Murdaugh would be airlifted if he had no visible injury; which agency was first on the scene; whether Murdaugh’s tire was damaged; and does not address claims from Murdaugh’s attorney that he was shot by an unknown assailant after having car trouble.

I've done so much eye-rolling in this case and with this report, well... I may never get my eyes back in proper position.

Only a newbie on these threads, and perhaps I shouldn’t offer my cow noise (MOO). However I’ve been following this case for weeks and I just skimmed Threads 3-5, so here goes:
SLED opened an investigation into the death of Stephen Smith on the basis of something
they learned investigating Paul’s murder - but they won’t say what that fact or discovery is. Smith was 19 years old when he was found dead in a road of blunt force trauma to his head. The SC Highway Patrol decided he was walking in the road at night, after his car ran out of gas around midnight. Smith’s mother has never accepted this verdict - a hit-and-run - because it doesn’t match the injuries to his body and her understanding oh his behavior. She has said repeatedly that he was murdered by several young men from prominent local families in an anti-gay hate crime, possibly because he had “a fling” with the brother of one of the murderers.
PauL was the son of a prominent local family.
If Paul’s killer was out to take revenge for the unjust death of poor Mallory Beach, why kill his mother? I would expect a vigilante not to just kill indiscriminately, but to reserve his anger for Paul.
Let us remember that Paul faced a 25-year sentence for Mallory's death, and 15 years each for the two boat passengers who were injured. If he was involved in, or had knowledge of, Stephen Smith’s murder, it is reasonable to believe he might be motivated to trade this information for a degree of lieniency in Mallory's death. That would put the murderers in a state of panic,and give them a motive to kill him. Killing Paul’s mother is more the act of a frightened and ruthless person killing to protect himself, than it is the act of a justice-seeker, especially if the murderer of Paul thought he might have disclosed what he knew to his mother. In my scenario, Paul’s lawyer knew what he was offering to law enforcement, and passed it on when Paul was dead.
If this is what happened, Mallory’s death was incidental to Pail’s death. I admit that bothers me, because I want some measure of justice for her. But it seems that will never happen. At least Stephen may yet be able to speak from the grave. Furthermore, Daddy’s misdeeds and his faked crime against himself are just the routine misdeeds of small-town corruption. Another red Herring.
As I said, this is strictly my own cow noise, and maybe I shoul dnever have ventured out of the Vallow threads. But at least I have a possible explanation for SLED’s statement that Paul’s murder shed light on the Smith case, which is otherwise inexplicable. Again, cow noise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member