SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret,” Murdaugh said in the statement. “I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders.” - AM

'these murders' - it's a distancing of AM from the ghastly deaths of his loved ones and that sort of bothers me. The deaths have to encompass the utter entirety of the man's life, is it not?

Can anyone linked that incident report? P&C won't let me in to get it. TIA
Here's what is visible before the paywall:

A newly released incident report reveals how little information authorities had in the chaotic moments after Alex Murdaugh, a prominent attorney whose wife and son were shot to death in June, was himself shot — but not “visibly” injured — Sept. 4 in rural Hampton County.

Here's what is visible before the paywall:

A newly released incident report reveals how little information authorities had in the chaotic moments after Alex Murdaugh, a prominent attorney whose wife and son were shot to death in June, was himself shot — but not “visibly” injured — Sept. 4 in rural Hampton County.

A bit more from after the paywall:

Deputies learned on the way the victim, later identified as Alex Murdaugh, was being flown from a landing zone on Charleston Highway to a hospital, according to the report.

A corporal met with the 53-year-old attorney before he was flown off. A sergeant secured the scene of the shooting until investigators from the State Law Enforcement Division arrived, the report states.

Since he was being readied to be flown off, perhaps LE couldn't see the injury because paramedics had bandaged him? o_O

This article has the document inside.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254102058.html

A police report made public Thursday in the shooting of Alex Murdaugh says the Hampton lawyer suffered no “visible injury,” but does not clarify further.

The report, released by the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office, includes little information about the shooting, raising questions about what happened on Sept. 4. The incident is described as an attempted murder in the report.

The Sheriff’s Office checked three separate boxes in the report saying Murdaugh did not suffer a “visible injury” and was not using alcohol or drugs.

Deputies were en route to the scene when they learned Alex Murdaugh, 53, had been shot in the head and was being airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, according to the report.

A Sheriff’s Office investigator, Cpl. Kendrell Henderson, spoke with Murdaugh before he was flown out. The report does not say what they talked about.

<snip>

The narrative in the new report does not address obvious questions, including whether the box noting “visible injury” was checked in error; why Murdaugh would be airlifted if he had no visible injury; which agency was first on the scene; whether Murdaugh’s tire was damaged; and does not address claims from Murdaugh’s attorney that he was shot by an unknown assailant after having car trouble.

Last edited:
A bit more from after the paywall:

Since he was being readied to be flown off, perhaps LE couldn't see the injury because paramedics had bandaged him? o_O

A bandage is still a "visible injury."

A tiny bandaid might not have been noticed. Visible pretty much encompasses "noticeable."

Curiouser and curiouser.

Seems unusual that arrangements were made for a helicopter before the Sheriff's office got there. I know the Sheriff is separate from medical/ambulance but that seems mighty fast to arrange a helicopter evac. JMO.

If it was reported on the 911 call that AM was shot in the head dispatch could have requested a helicopter without being prompted.

This article has the document inside.

A police report made public Thursday in the shooting of Alex Murdaugh says the Hampton lawyer suffered no “visible injury,” but does not clarify further.

The report, released by the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office, includes little information about the shooting, raising questions about what happened on Sept. 4. The incident is described as an attempted murder in the report.

The Sheriff’s Office checked three separate boxes in the report saying Murdaugh did not suffer a “visible injury” and was not using alcohol or drugs.

Deputies were en route to the scene when they learned Alex Murdaugh, 53, had been shot in the head and was being airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, according to the report.

A Sheriff’s Office investigator, Cpl. Kendrell Henderson, spoke with Murdaugh before he was flown out. The report does not say what they talked about.

<snip>

The narrative in the new report does not address obvious questions, including whether the box noting “visible injury” was checked in error; why Murdaugh would be airlifted if he had no visible injury; which agency was first on the scene; whether Murdaugh’s tire was damaged; and does not address claims from Murdaugh’s attorney that he was shot by an unknown assailant after having car trouble.
Thank you MassGuy for this information. It just muddles it all up more, doesn't it

The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life,” Alex Murdaugh said. “I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret.
South Carolina lawyer, whose wife and son were shot dead, shot on rural road

Gosh, Alex’s quote could pass as the opening paragraph from one of Tennessee Williams Pulitzer Prize winning Southern Gothic masterpieces.

Just My Opinion

So not only paramedics but a medflight was already on scene before the first law enforcement even showed up? I bet he called the ambulance companies directly not 911. Now any record of his condition will be private because of HIPA unlike the police reports had they been the first responders. Well isn't that just convenient. I hope nobody died because that helicopter was busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member