SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone wonder why no arrest has been made in the murders yet? Since Labor Day weekend AM has come front and center as a speculative suspect, but that doesn't change anything about the murders themselves.

SLED has had more than 3 months to investigate the murders, and a month since the solicitor recused himself - do they truly not have enough evidence of who killed PM/MM to arrest anyone?

I comprehend getting ducks in a row with a powerful family and all that, but it's been more than 3 months. Has a grand jury been impaneled to hear the evidence?

I totally agree. I understand they have to get it right but their unwillingness to even update with something generic to reassure those citizens just smells bad when we factor in political contributions, the power that this “dynasty” had with state LE, the state DNR folks botching the boat crash investigation, it’s a list.

Do we know they came from the main house to the kennels? Or were they returning to Moselle & stopped at the kennels on the way in to feed the dogs or let them out one last time before going up to the main house for the night? Was Paul perhaps not supposed to be with Maggie? MOO

We don't know about the 24 hours leading up to the murders of Alex's wife and son. If their vehicle(s) is not at the kennel, the they walked from the house.

Alex said that he returned home and he was next to his car when he discovered the bodies.

I'm guessing that Alex was staying at Moselle and that he would ensure that the dog(s) was looking after before visiting his father at 9 PM at hospital.

I totally agree. I understand they have to get it right but their unwillingness to even update with something generic to reassure those citizens just smells bad when we factor in political contributions, the power that this “dynasty” had with state LE, the state DNR folks botching the boat crash investigation, it’s a list.

I have a feeling the town folk know its not about them, I think they know it’s personal.

Jmo

There has been a lot of speculation about the reasons that Alex resorted to embezzlement, but the simple answer is that he and/or his family spent more money than he earned. That doesn't mean gambling, poor investments, drug business, blackmail payouts or any other illegal activities. It could be as simple has supporting the expensive lifestyles of four adults on one income.

I actually think it’s for a different reason. Every lie has a kernel of truth, so I believe him when he said that the embezzlement began recently, after the double homicide of his family members. In my opinion, he was responsible for those deaths. And he knew he was the main suspect. So I believe he took as much money as he possibly could from the firm, and didn’t even care if he got caught. He just needed enough to flee the country and start a new life somewhere else.

i’m not even believing that he’s in rehab. My guess is that he’s sitting on a beach in Panama somewhere, with $10 million to live off of.

And also, that’s why the brothers just discovered the embezzlement. Because it just happened. It was massive and sloppy and obvious. But Alex didn’t care. He just needed to take enough money to get out of Dodge, go into hiding, and live off that money somewhere where he can’t be arrested or extradited.

(all my opinion only)

If it was a hired hit that led to the deaths of PM and MM LE may not know whom the killers are. IF AM possibly hired a hit it may have been arranged offline, and paid for with cash, there would be no way to prove AM was involved (if he was, he is presumed innocent until evidence is uncovered).
All of this is just my opinion.
<modsnip> AM had his access to his "misappropriated funds" cut off on Friday. On Saturday he was shot in the head. He could have been meeting someone at that spot to discuss this. Things went bad, he was shot. He had to explain why he was stopped on the road to LE. He slashes his tire thus saying he had car trouble. Yadda yadda and JMOO. He is a victim who was shot but was maybe initially stopped on the road for other reasons than car troubles. Would LE search the Good Samaritans' car?

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think it’s for a different reason. Every lie has a kernel of truth, so I believe him when he said that the embezzlement began recently, after the double homicide of his family members. In my opinion, he was responsible for those deaths. And he knew he was the main suspect. So I believe he took as much money as he possibly could from the firm, and didn’t even care if he got caught. He just needed enough to flee the country and start a new life somewhere else.

i’m not even believing that he’s in rehab. My guess is that he’s sitting on a beach in Panama somewhere, with $10 million to live off of.

BBM
Has Alex made a statement about the embezzlement, where he clarified the timeline for the embezzlement?

Does anyone wonder why no arrest has been made in the murders yet? Since Labor Day weekend AM has come front and center as a speculative suspect, but that doesn't change anything about the murders themselves.

SLED has had more than 3 months to investigate the murders, and a month since the solicitor recused himself - do they truly not have enough evidence of who killed PM/MM to arrest anyone?

I comprehend getting ducks in a row with a powerful family and all that, but it's been more than 3 months. Has a grand jury been impaneled to hear the evidence?

I actually don't think it is surprising that there have been no arrests yet. Even when the focus (chatter) was more on Paul and the boating crash and the fallout from that, it was complicated enough with hesitant (or Inconsistent) witnesses and questionable investigative work, and likely what was still a tight-lipped circle around the Ms and in the community.

When you add the AM shooting, the revelation of embezzlement, the firing from the firm, the drug admission, the checking into rehab.. It becomes that much more complex.

There really are a number of potential motives and people who might have reason to go after a member /members of the family. It could be just one person or a small group involved. I no longer think anything is obvious or that the investigators are lazy/looking the other way but instead that there is a lot to sort out. Maybe last weekend's events.and more coming to light, potential witnesses to anything involving the fam will become willing to talk.

What seems obvious or highly probable to us based on what we know doesn't mean there is enough to arrest anyone. I do think they are working all aspects diligently.

one minute I feel like AM paid for a hit on MM... the next minute I feel like he did it himself. If he did it himself he killed his own kid also.

Remember RM was able to find MMs phone with a tracker...well AM could probably do that also. And could probably track PM s phone. Not even sure what to think with all of that.

yes. he said that he is sorry for his behavior since the death of his family members. he strongly implied that both the addiction and the embezzlement happened in the past three months.

He does not imply that the embezzlement started three months earlier. He states that a "long battle [was] exacerbated by the murders."

“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”
Hampton County, Alex Murdaugh releases statement after being shot

yes. he said that he is sorry for his behavior since the death of his family members. he strongly implied that both the addiction and the embezzlement happened in the past three months.

"“The murders of my wife and son have caused an incredibly difficult time in my life. I have made a lot of decisions that I truly regret. I’m resigning from my law firm and entering rehab after a long battle that has been exacerbated by these murders. I am immensely sorry to everyone I’ve hurt including my family, friends and colleagues. I ask for prayers as I rehabilitate myself and my relationships.”

He says the murders exacerbated (whatever he's entering rehab for) LONG BATTLES.
Are you saying you think his statement means his behavior since family murders, including drugs and embezzlement, happened only since June or just that they are.a.continuation of what had been happening for years?

I actually don't think it is surprising that there have been no arrests yet. Even when the focus (chatter) was more on Paul and the boating crash and the fallout from that, it was complicated enough with hesitant (or Inconsistent) witnesses and questionable investigative work, and likely what was still a tight-lipped circle around the Ms and in the community.

When you add the AM shooting, the revelation of embezzlement, the firing from the firm, the drug admission, the checking into rehab.. It becomes that much more complex.

There really are a number of potential motives and people who might have reason to go after a member /members of the family. It could be just one person or a small group involved. I no longer think anything is obvious or that the investigators are lazy/looking the other way but instead that there is a lot to sort out. Maybe last weekend's events.and more coming to light, potential witnesses to anything involving the fam will become willing to talk.

What seems obvious or highly probable to us based on what we know doesn't mean there is enough to arrest anyone. I do think they are working all aspects diligently.

Absolutely. If all this falls solely on AM, I’ll eat my hat.

He used the word "exacerbated," in relating the death of his family members to his behavior. And he never specifically mentioned embezzlement, only that he had somehow wronged family, friends, and associates. So, I don't think he was implying the addiction began with the death of his family members and I don't think he publicly admitted to criminal wrongdoing, such as embezzlement. It was a very weasel-like statement. He attempted to sound like he was sorry, was taking responsibility, and was beginning efforts to repair the damage to relationships, but he never specified what in particular he was taking responsibility for.

So if in fact AM did make the statement about PM being involved in something he would have to had told LE what he meant. I am sure they asked him pronto. JMHO
Would LE techs have been able to cleaned up that 911 in time for the two days after the murders interview with AM thats been mentioned as occurring? If not has AM lawyers allowed their client to be interviewed again? We don't know. We only know, thru M lawyer, he talked to SLED the day he was released, before going to rehab, about descriptions of his "shooter" and the vehicle they were driving.

That's how I'm looking at it...option 2.
Set up everything so it happens while you are visiting your terminally ill father and dementia ridden mother...cuz ur such a good son/family kind of guy.
But problem... PM shows up when he's not supposed to..so he's gotta go.

My question: why by the dog kennels? So the house is not damaged at all maybe?
Would it be harder for forensics to get DNA off a floor and opposed to dirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds