SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Article in Daily Mail - It is alleged that PM had pushed the housekeeper down the stairs.
This was mentioned in a deposition with one of the friends of PM. I could see PM bragging about this if it were true. He was privileged and he was protected. Unlike most people where anything you say will be used against you. I don't think he worried much about consequence.

2015: Teenager Stephen Smith dies
Smith was found on the side of the road.
Police officially rule his death a hit-and-run but he had suffered blunt force trauma to the head
His mother has since shared her belief that she thinks he was killed in a hate-crime because he was gay
Case notes obtained by DailyMail.com revealed Paul's older brother Buster was named multiple times in the investigation.
Police wanted to know more about his relationship with Stephen
Stephen's mother said he had been having a 'fling'.

In a deposition years later, one of Paul's friends said the family had 'covered' other killings up. He mentioned Smith's death.

2018: Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield dies
Gloria died after 'falling' down the stairs in the family house
The family gave her family $500.000 in a wrongful death settlement but it's unclear why her death was ruled to be their fault.
Alex Murdaugh was listed as the defendant in the lawsuit.
Satterfield was only 57 when she died.
She left behind a husband and children.

Her death was also mentioned in the deposition by Paul Murdaugh's friend.

2019: Mallory Beach dies being thrown from boat driven by Paul Murdaugh
Paul was charged afterwards because he'd been drinking and was behaving 'belligerently' that night.
He had been released on bond.
Other kids were on the boat but were unharmed.

One testified that they were scared to speak about the Murdaugh family because they knew how to 'cover things up'.

That boy named Stephen Smith and the housekeeper, and claimed Paul pushed her

Alex Murdaugh's lawyer says he KNOWS who gunned down his wife and son | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
If this was supposed to look like a carefully thought-out suicide and AM was doing it for his son, then surely there would have been a note, right?

I think CES is being set up somehow. I don't think AM intended to die - IIRC, the earliest report specifically denied he had shot himself.

Something seems fishy about the embezzlement of millions and AM's allegedly unnoticed pill addiction. I just can't believe the bill is that high for pills - especially for someone who allegedly has been spending megabucks on an addiction that was so controlled no one appears to have suspected it. My first thought was that he or the wife were chronically living beyond their means. Then I wondered about gambling debts or blackmail.

The murder of his wife and son seems like someone sending a warning, not random or someone wanting revenge for something.

Curiouser and curiouser!
It was originally supposed to look like a murder so the insurance would pay out OR it was supposed to look like an attempted murder to garner sympathy and divert suspicion from Alex. From the crime scene, I originally suspected it had been intended as the latter but from Alex deciding to "come clean" it makes me think maybe it was the former and he wanted to get his version of events out before Smith made a statement.

That also sort of disinclines me from thinking that Smith was the trigger man on Paul and Maggie but maybe he approached the fixer brother asking for more money that isn't there now since Alex has been cut off from the law firm. Usually the way to fix that is just to kill the trigger man but maybe Murdaugh hands don't get dirty. I still am expecting Smith to "commit suicide" in custody. Is he in the hands of local or state authorities?

i haven’t had time to read thru all the posts yet, but i definitely think alex had long since moved onto stronger drugs than oxy if he had had a 20+ year addiction. addicts tend to downplay their addictions, too (i speak from experience, 4 years clean from opiates) - it sounds a lot better to admit to using only oxy than it does to say you use oxy but also use morphine, dilaudid, heroin, etc. that being said, i am truly disgusted by his attorneys wording their statements to blame everyone but alex. if the situation wasn’t so sad, it’d be laughable
Well done you<3

This is, well, interesting. Curtis either has emphysema, or needs an attitude adjustment.

https://twitter.com/wpdeabc15/status/1438230466478411778?s=21

IMO, the perfect fall guy for all of this. He's obviously not competent (or healthy). Continue to drug or be drugged, will never see a courtroom, and won't 'sing like a canary'...the A-team will not let him interfere with testimony, no way.

Interesting that also today another man by the exact name of CES, the exact same age, in colleton county, was transferred on this exact date, for drug charges...

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...68798110810210311811452871118712284107&Org=AC

note his race...definitely not the same CES...or was this yet another "error in reporting"...SMH...

WTF? Is he wasted? I do not trust that this man is not a fall guy. In fact, I don't trust a soul in this freaking "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" saga. That was really bizarre.

It doesn’t make sense to make him the fall guy, as Alex is now looking at charges that are just as serious.

It would be bringing someone down, just for the sake of bringing someone down.

THANK YOU---that's what I've been trying to say. The scene does not scream suicide. The 'victim' does not fit with a compassionate father trying to care for his son by sacrificing his own life. Hogwash.

The plan was for his drug dealer to shoot at him, making it look like he was ambushed. Then he could say that the killer of his family is still hunting him---

But his attorney and his brothers probably heard that LE was onto AM and his silly plan---so they had to scramble to come up with a new explanation for that staged scene. :rolleyes:
ITA- this is what makes the most sense to me too. And the reason you’d want the public to think the double murder killer is still after you/ your family would be… because you’re the one who did it & are tossing a red herring in to the investigation pond? He already knew the lid was about to blow off his finances & career. So I just can’t think of another plausible reason to create a murder decoy… creative sleuths welcome to enlighten me!

It doesn’t make sense to make him the fall guy, as Alex is now looking at charges that are just as serious.

It would be bringing someone down, just for the sake of bringing someone down.
Alex may allege that Smith killed Maggie and Paul on account of drug debt or something - and there might be a big bag of amazingly corroborating evidence neatly stacked in a safety deposit box somewhere.

From Article in Daily Mail - It is alleged that PM had pushed the housekeeper down the stairs.
This was mentioned in a deposition with one of the friends of PM. I could see PM bragging about this if it were true. He was privileged and he was protected. Unlike most people where anything you say will be used against you. I don't think he worried much about consequence.

2015: Teenager Stephen Smith dies
Smith was found on the side of the road.
Police officially rule his death a hit-and-run but he had suffered blunt force trauma to the head
His mother has since shared her belief that she thinks he was killed in a hate-crime because he was gay
Case notes obtained by DailyMail.com revealed Paul's older brother Buster was named multiple times in the investigation.
Police wanted to know more about his relationship with Stephen
Stephen's mother said he had been having a 'fling'.

In a deposition years later, one of Paul's friends said the family had 'covered' other killings up. He mentioned Smith's death.

2018: Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield dies
Gloria died after 'falling' down the stairs in the family house
The family gave her family $500.000 in a wrongful death settlement but it's unclear why her death was ruled to be their fault.
Alex Murdaugh was listed as the defendant in the lawsuit.
Satterfield was only 57 when she died.
She left behind a husband and children.

Her death was also mentioned in the deposition by Paul Murdaugh's friend.

2019: Mallory Beach dies being thrown from boat driven by Paul Murdaugh
Paul was charged afterwards because he'd been drinking and was behaving 'belligerently' that night.
He had been released on bond.
Other kids were on the boat but were unharmed.

One testified that they were scared to speak about the Murdaugh family because they knew how to 'cover things up'.

That boy named Stephen Smith and the housekeeper, and claimed Paul pushed her

Alex Murdaugh's lawyer says he KNOWS who gunned down his wife and son | Daily Mail Online
Do we know what boy deposed that said it? I don't remember seeing anything about the housekeeper. Was it a boat accident deposition?

Murdaugh Murders: SLED Opens Investigation Into Housekeeper’s Suspicious Death In 2018

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) has opened a criminal investigation into the death of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died suspiciously in 2018 following an alleged “trip-and -fall” incident while working at the Murdaugh’s home.

SLED officials said that they opened the investigation of Satterfield’s death “based upon a request from the Hampton County Coroner earlier today, as well as information gathered during the course of our other ongoing investigations involving Alex Murdaugh.”

On Wednesday, Hampton County Coroner Angela Topper requested that SLED — the same agency investigating the double homicide of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh — open an investigation into Gloria Satterfield’s death due to “inconsistencies” surrounding her death.

Satterfield’s death was not reported to the coroner at the time — nor did officials perform an autopsy, according to a letter Topper sent SLED.

On her death certificate, the manner of death said “natural,” which Topper said in the letter was not consistent to her with her injuries from a trip-and-fall accident.

Satterfield, 57, died on February 26, 2018 after she allegedly tripped on the steps at Murdaugh’s former home in Hampton, South Carolina. Gloria’s sons were told that the dogs caused her to trip and she suffered a traumatic brain injury.

Maybe AM was addicted to corn cobs

Eddie Smith
March 21, 2020 ·

Ok just letting everyone know that due to an usually high demand for the corncobs that i am going to have to start putting them on a quota. I figure if i let everyone have just 50 then we might make it through these hard times. I think some people need to maybe do a better job and not be Wasting them. Also i only have enough directions to go with the new orders, i don,t know why people order the directions without the cobs? Does anyone know something that i don,t. I hope everyone is taking care of their Elderly family and anyone else they can help, and if i can be of any more help just Holler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi