SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is SLED buying into this bunch of malarkey? Surely they can't think they can keep a lid on the wide-spread corruption via the Murdaughs with this outrageous tale?
The coroner’s office said the “Petition for Approval of a Wrongful Death Settlement” stated that Satterfield died as a “result of injuries sustained in a trip and fall accident, in Hampton County”.

According to the coroner’s office, Satterfield’s death was not reported to the corner at the time, nor was an autopsy preformed.

Satterfield’s manner of death was ruled “natural”, which is inconsistent with injuries sustained in a trip and fall accident.
SLED, coroner opens investigation in 2018 death of former Murdaugh housekeeper

I'm confused. o_O If the coroner's office wasn't aware of the death, who 'ruled it' natural? The hospital?
It couldn't have been the court or settlement documents, since they were focused on accidental death.

I’m still stuck on the fact they are letting him turn himself in. Are you kidding me? His attorney just said the other day that AM saw no other choice but suicide, supposedly. His world is collapsing. Do they not think he’ll try to pull a Fotis D tonight or in the morning, or before any future hearings or trials? Perhaps someone is staying with him or watching him? There is a dramatic turn every other week. I just do not see this ending well at all.

I’m still stuck on the fact they are letting him turn himself in. Are you kidding me? His attorney just said the other day that AM saw no other choice but suicide, supposedly. His world is collapsing. Do they not think he’ll try to pull a Fotis D tonight or in the morning, or before any future hearings or trials? Perhaps someone is staying with him or watching him? There is a dramatic turn every other week. I just do not see this ending well at all.

BBM. That was just this morning! Lolololol!

On Wednesday DICK HARPOOTLIAN, the South Carolina Biden backer and talking head whose wife was recently nominated to be ambassador to Slovenia, appeared on NBC’s “Today” show as part of a tangled legal saga in South Carolina that has gained national attention in recent weeks.

Harpootlian is representing ALEX MURDAUGH, an attorney who recently told police he enlisted a man to kill him so his son could collect the life insurance payout. That incident, which Murdaugh survived, came only months after his wife and son were shot and killed on their family’s property.

On “Today,” Harpootlian said he anticipates Murdaugh, who is in treatment for opioid abuse, confessed to the scheme because he wanted law enforcement to focus their efforts on investigating the deaths of MAGGIE and PAUL MURDAUGH.

“Believe it or not I have a pretty successful law practice,” Harpootlian told POLITICO when asked how he became involved with the case. “I have a day job. Politics is not my day job; it’s practicing law.” Harpootlian said he had known older members of the Murdaugh family, who’s legal lineage goes back several generations.
The mysterious reporter on the Biden beat

BBM

Hopefully not anymore. SMH.

Thanks. I'm glad to contribute some levity at this point. This case was actually the one that caused me to take a break from this site. Most users seem to be affected by terrible crimes against innocents, especially children. For me it was the realization that something so disgusting could be so deeply dug into the actual fabric of my nation, like a tick, most likely for generations. To see it duck back down under the murky surface like nothing would come of it. I am truly happy to watch this finally begin to fall apart and I am glad to join you all in the front row of the audience to see it.

I am not from SC, but I have lived here long enough to know what's up and I am struggling with this case. While I haven't been this excited to follow a case since I mistakenly thought Casey Anthony would see consequences, I know South Carolina and the way the cover things up. Experienced it personally 18 months after I moved here when a police chief threatened me with an investigation into my dealing drugs if I wouldn't lie for him in court about a privileged relative who had lost his privilege when his older family members died. We live on a street named after my kids' family on his side.

There were multiple other things he had done that I could testify about, but for some reason I was never made privy to, they couldn't charge him with those crimes, despite piles of evidence.

And its not just the police. Its everywhere down here. My son's high school had a teacher sleeping with students and the principal covered it up until a parent found out and went to police.

I worry, considering all the people who stand to go down, about things being covered up to do damage control for the powerful others. I wonder if AM has been given the talk about how he let it spiral out of control and they have to take him down to save the others.

I've since removed this person from my life. It took the Feds stepping in to finally actually dish out some consequences for him. But just knowing how it works down here, I worry and have to take breaks.

Page A5 for article re: Stephen Smith
https://ufdcimages.uflib.ufl.edu/AA/00/05/43/97/01783/06-24-2021.pdf

Buster Murdaugh will be working for the law firm of Perters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, and Detrick in Hampton, South Carolina during the summer and will continue his studies next fall at either the Charleston School of Law or the University of South Carolina Law School.
https://www.wofford.edu/Wofford.edu/Documents/Academics/Government/Gov-Intl-Newsletter-Spring18.pdf

https://www.wsav.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/75/2021/06/Stone-Statement-Murdaugh-case-1.docx.pdf

SCR4822 | South Carolina 2019-2020 | Randolph "Buster" Murdaugh Interchange | TrackBill

Randolph Murdaugh, known to friends and enemies alike as “Randy,” is the solicitor who prosecuted the case against Sarah Nickel. He agreed to meet with me at his office in Hampton, South Carolina, which lies along Highway 278 on the way to Columbia, where I would be seeing Sarah the next day. Hampton, population 2,837, bills itself as a “hunter’s paradise” where people “yearning to escape from the hustle and bustle of the big city” can hunt for deer, turkey, hog, and quail. Visitors uninterested in shooting the wildlife are invited to engage in the more peaceful activity of viewing...

In the printed transcript ofState of South Carolina vs. Sarah Nickel, Brent Kiker’s summation to the jury takes up thirty-six double-spaced pages. Spoken in court it lasted just about an hour. After a ten minute recess, given at the request of the jurors, Randy Murdaugh rose to take his turn. His speech was less than one-third the length of Mr.Kiker’s, but it would seem shorter still because he did not hesitate or backtrack or repeat himself. He warmed the jury up with a dose of his usual down-home humor.
My Ghost Has a Name: Memoir of a Murder on JSTOR

The Solicitor’s Worthless Check Unit - page 10:
My Ghost Has a Name

Murdaugh Murders Saga: First Day Of Reckoning For Alex Murdaugh Draws Nigh

Last edited:
I think they'll try and pin the double homicide on someone who has passed away since then. Not sure who but they are sneaky enough to try anything in my opinion. I also think there is extra marital relationships that will come to light. Just brainstorming

Just when I think I've seen everything, this case manages to astonish me. I guess I should not be so astonished.

AM admits it! And his attorney has to keep spinning. and spinning.

Wouldn't most insurance policies still pay out for suicide, if they'd been in place for a few months?
Yeah, Dick is getting pretty dizzy by now.

JMO

Me, too totally agree...but wait 5 minutes that could change who knows with this case.
I don't really see why a supposedly suicidal, embezzling, drug addict, insurance fraudster, murder person of interest gets to turn himself in but that's just me.

I bet they wouldn't let me do that and I am none of those things.

Last edited:
I was referring to AM's personal bank accounts -- not the law firm's bank accounts. 12 CFR § 21.11 - Suspicious Activity Report.

I apologize for misunderstanding you. It would be suspicious activity and should never be allowed. If the bank allows it they are on the hook. The payee on a check must always match the account name. There are some instances where a check can be signed over but the last signer on the check is taking legal responsibility at that point.

I hope I understood and answered your question this time.

Arrest warrants have been issued for the influential South Carolina attorney at the heart of the unspooling ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga – with his impending surrender scheduled for sometime Thursday (September 16, 2021) in Hampton county, according to his attorneys.

News of Alex Murdaugh’s impending surrender to answer for the first round of charges he is likely to face was first reported by Cody Alcorn of Fox Carolina.

“Tomorrow will be the first step in the pursuit of justice for many victims in the Lowcountry,” a source familiar with the multiple investigations involving Murdaugh and his associates told me late Wednesday.

The first of many steps, it would appear, judging by the depth and complexity of the criminal web currently unraveling …
I don't know if it's just me, I don't think it is...but my Connecticut yankee-ness is just screaming to see the G-men go get him, early in the morning, bring him out in handcuffs and his jammies...like Vinny "The Chin" Gigante in Greenwich Village...is that too much?;)

OK, so AM was so depressed that his wife and son were murdered so he hired a hit man to kill him. Why bother if the original shooting target is your family? How did AM know that the shooters weren't waiting for a chance to do the same to him? Just go out in that case and job done. Unless he KNEW there was no one out to get him...

I apologize for misunderstanding you. It would be suspicious activity and should never be allowed. If the bank allows it they are on the hook. The payee on a check must always match the account name. There are some instances where a check can be signed over but the last signer on the check is taking legal responsibility at that point.

I hope I understood and answered your question this time.
No worries -- yes, you did. Thank you!

Arrest warrants have been issued for the influential South Carolina attorney at the heart of the unspooling ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga – with his impending surrender scheduled for sometime Thursday (September 16, 2021) in Hampton county, according to his attorneys.

News of Alex Murdaugh’s impending surrender to answer for the first round of charges he is likely to face was first reported by Cody Alcorn of Fox Carolina.

“Tomorrow will be the first step in the pursuit of justice for many victims in the Lowcountry,” a source familiar with the multiple investigations involving Murdaugh and his associates told me late Wednesday.

The first of many steps, it would appear, judging by the depth and complexity of the criminal web currently unraveling …

BBM
hmmm..."and his associates"? This is plural so can't apply to just CES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18