SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Dateline” correspondent Josh Mankiewicz knows the bizarre murder/assisted suicide case of South Carolina’s Murdaugh family is right up his show’s alley — and he’s totally into it — but he says the location is a bit off.

Josh was leaving The Palm in L.A. Wednesday when we got his take on the endless twists surrounding prominent lawyer Alex Murdaugh, and the unsolved murders of his wife and son.

For starters, Josh, like everyone else, says the case is riveting and people are asking him about it nonstop. Comes with the territory when you’re the go-to guy covering true crime cases.

Josh is blown away by all of this, and that’s coming from a “Dateline” vet who’s seen it all … so, ya know we’re in uncharted true crime waters. In fact, he says one of the strangest parts of the case is that it’s NOT happening in Florida!
Dateline's Josh Mankiewicz Talks Alex Murdaugh, Who Turned Himself In

Alex Murdaugh is in custody. Murdaugh is charged with insurance fraud, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, along with filing a false police report. Today’s arrest is related only related to the September 4, 2021 shooting. His bond hearing is set for 4PM.
https://twitter.com/codyalcorn/status/1438540112946737154?s=21
https://twitter.com/codyalcorn/status/1438540112946737154?s=21

So, this means AM is allegedly being held in a holding jail cell.

Oh, such a plunge from grace!

Until this moment, I never suspected him of possibly smothering or suffocating his father, but he would not want his father to ever learn of the embezzlement.

I wonder if AM feels he'll beat this particular rap given his usual constant control, power and privilege.

I almost feel giddy seeing him in handcuffs.

“Certainly there were questions by my clients because after she unfortunately fell, she was airlifted to a hospital and she had a traumatic brain injury, she never was able to communicate with them for the next three weeks until she died,” Bland told Cuomo. “So, it was Alex Murdaugh who told the story of that she had tripped and fell down the stairs over his dogs.”

“They trusted him,” Bland said, describing Satterfield as part of the family’s fabric after 25 years. “He hand-walked them to his best friend and college roommate to bring a lawsuit against himself on behalf of the estate.”

According to Bland, a number of claims were made which all contributed to a settlement, but none of those settlements ever ended up in court, except one for around $500,000 from Lloyds of London insurance.

“There’s no court orders approving any of these settlements. And it’s required under the law, if you have a wrongful death or survival case, a judge has to approve the settlements. None of that exists in the court record, and our clients never found out that these cases had settled these claims, until it was printed in the paper by investigative reporters,” Bland said.
South Carolina law enforcement opens criminal investigation into 2018 death of Murdaugh family's housekeeper
*God bless investigative reporters…

https://www.scribd.com/document/525688709/Alex-Murdaugh-Arrest-Warrants-Affidavits#from_embed

Alex Murdaugh’s mugshot has been released.

Those of you who followed this story closely will remember when Paul Murdaugh was charged with three felonies, he did not have to wear a jumpsuit and people were outraged.

It’s surreal to see Alex in a jumpsuit.

https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1438555206992769036?s=21

It is surreal. Ironically he was able to keep Paul in his crisp collared shirt for his mug, never imagining he would ever have his own mugshot.

“Certainly there were questions by my clients because after she unfortunately fell, she was airlifted to a hospital and she had a traumatic brain injury, she never was able to communicate with them for the next three weeks until she died,” Bland told Cuomo. “So, it was Alex Murdaugh who told the story of that she had tripped and fell down the stairs over his dogs.”

“They trusted him,” Bland said, describing Satterfield as part of the family’s fabric after 25 years. “He hand-walked them to his best friend and college roommate to bring a lawsuit against himself on behalf of the estate.”

According to Bland, a number of claims were made which all contributed to a settlement, but none of those settlements ever ended up in court, except one for around $500,000 from Lloyds of London insurance.

“There’s no court orders approving any of these settlements. And it’s required under the law, if you have a wrongful death or survival case, a judge has to approve the settlements. None of that exists in the court record, and our clients never found out that these cases had settled these claims, until it was printed in the paper by investigative reporters,” Bland said.
South Carolina law enforcement opens criminal investigation into 2018 death of Murdaugh family's housekeeper
*God bless investigative reporters…

https://www.scribd.com/document/525688709/Alex-Murdaugh-Arrest-Warrants-Affidavits#from_embed
So that poor woman could never tell what happened to her for three weeks, couldn't acknowledge her children. And those children took AM' explanation as coming from someone who knew everything, when he has said through his lawyers he wasn't even there when she fell.

For everyone reaching out about the Alex Murdaugh bond amounts which were incorrectly posted to the S.C. Public Index earlier today, those incorrect amounts have been removed. No bond amount has been set for Alex Murdaugh at this time. His hearing is at 4:00 p.m. EDT.

https://twitter.com/fitsnews/status/1438574089006952450?s=21

Just listened to Cory's interview. One of my takeaways. I had no idea that Alex's dad was aware of Maggie and Paul's death and visited with Alex earlier in the day he "succumbed to his death". Did he off himself? Seriously, I would not be surprised one bit. He may have over dosed himself on pain meds, JMO.
Can you please post a link to this interview w Cory? I’d love to hear it and I’m sure others would too.

E_bBnOQXoAYfk-D

@RileyWJCL

JUST IN: Alex Murdaugh’s mug shot
Damn, he looks great! Maybe I should get shot in the head.

sds71, Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Is it just me or does he look extremely evil in this picture. I mean I wasn't expecting a smile or even a smirk, but goodness he looks so...evil...AJMO

To me, he looks smug. I’m not sure everything has sunk in yet, but why would it — these people are accustomed to manipulating everything they are involved with. It’s been his way of life and I doubt he thinks that ability will end.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member