SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thick fog rolled over Archers Creek as six young friends sped along the water in a 17-foot boat just before 2:30 a.m. on Feb. 24, 2019. When the boat, allegedly driven by Paul Murdaugh, suddenly slammed into a piling near a bridge, all six people were violently tossed from the vehicle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/18/paul-murdaugh-homicide-boat-crash/

I read the deposition excerpts from the civil case that were linked further upthread. According to Morgan Doughty's deposition, only three of the boat passengers (Mallory Beach, her boyfriend Anthony Cook, and Paul) were thrown from the boat. The other three stayed in the boat. This isn't really relevant to the muder of PM and MM, but I was surprised to read that in the deposition, as it seems odd that the boat would have hit the piling hard enough to kill Mallory Beach but not even throw three of the passengers out of the boat.

I read the deposition excerpts from the civil case that were linked further upthread. According to Morgan Doughty's deposition, only three of the boat passengers (Mallory Beach, her boyfriend Anthony Cook, and Paul) were thrown from the boat. The other three stayed in the boat. This isn't really relevant to the muder of PM and MM, but I was surprised to read that in the deposition, as it seems odd that the boat would have hit the piling hard enough to kill Mallory Beach but not even throw three of the passengers out of the boat.

IMO, hard to say without seeing some sort of accident reconstruction. Mallory could have easily been thrown right into the bridge piling knocking her unconscious and then she drowned.

Family member pings and finds MM's Cell Phone.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article252301778.html

"It wasn’t until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone’s ability to “ping” Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said. At that point, Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone was retrieved and was given to the State Law Enforcement Division, the sources said."

"It wasn’t until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone’s ability to “ping” Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said. At that point, Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone was retrieved and was given to the State Law Enforcement Division, the sources said."

I wonder what family member knew that MM's phone was missing. This gets deeper!

Thinking about the cell phones….

PM’s was left at the scene. Does that mean that he was killed so quickly that the cell phone was no threat to the killers? But MM’s cell phone had to be taken away from her, because she had a chance to use it… and so it was taken and discarded?

Does that mean that at some point, they had to forcibly take that cell phone from her?

Does that mean that their interaction with MM was longer, more complex?

They didn’t just shoot her immediately. There was enough interaction that they had to grab the phone before she used it?

Was that what SLED was looking at on the bridge?

Probably LE told AM at the scene they had recovered PM's cell but not MM's.

What it tells me is that the killer(s) most likely made their getaway out the driveway and down Moselle Road.

JMO

Agree.

But why leave pauls phone.

Which direction? Which driveway?
Thats a long stretch of property.

Property?
MM body was said to be 100 yards from house. Football field. Yet yards from pauls body?

Do we know which building/where on the property said dog kennels are?

In my OPINION…not a chance. I think this family’s problems/bad deeds are coming home to roost. Again, MOO.
That would be great and I think all of us here at Websleuths want to see the truth come to light in all these cases where justice has been denied but until I see real concrete indications that it's happening in this case, I have my doubts.

Agree.

Property?
MM body was said to be 100 yards from house. Football field. Yet yards from pauls body?

There are some pretty good aerial pics posted a few pages back.

Agree.

Property?

IMO Paul’s phone may have just been on his person. The killers may not even have known he had it. It was left because it posed no threat to them.

If MM’s was taken and discarded…maybe she tried to make a call and they took it from her. Then she tried to run away and they shot her. The phone was then still in their posssession as they drove away, so they threw out the window onto the road.

I wonder if it was found on the drivers side of the road…or the passenger side. That might indicate if there were two killers.

A cell phone belonging to Maggie Murdaugh was found on the road outside the 1,700-acre Colleton County estate the day after she and her son Paul were slain, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Although Paul Murdaugh’s cell phone was found near his body on the night of the killings June 7, investigators were unable to locate Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone that night, the sources said.

It wasn’t until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone’s ability to “ping” Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said.

At that point, Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone was retrieved and was given to the State Law Enforcement Division, the sources said.

The sources did not know whether SLED was able to find any touch DNA or fingerprints from the cell phone. Touch DNA, a modern scientific crime analysis technique, can be left on an object’s surface by someone’s mere “touch” and consists of skin cells containing DNA that can then be linked to a specific person.
https://www.islandpacket.com/article252301778.html

More information for those who couldn't read the story. I registered finally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc