SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere it still would record her steps running before AM picked up her phone, looked at it, then walked to his truck.
But then if he was carrying it, it would keep counting steps, but his steps, not hers, right?

Maybe the 59 steps are combined MM running away (she was only 30’ from Paul) and AM getting her phone and back into his car.

The more I think about this, the more confused I get. Because before the 8:53 steps (59), there were no steps since 8:33 (43 steps). What was she doing for 20 minutes? Maybe she put the phone down?

Someone read the group text from Lynn at 8:49:27. Was it Maggie or Alex?

Maggie was on the Poshmark website at 8:30. I figured that was at the house and then the 43 steps at 8:33 were her walking out and getting into AMs car. But then no steps until 8:53? What was she doing for 20 minutes? Sitting in the car waiting? Had she put her phone down? Had she already been killed and then Alex had her phone, read the Lynn text and walked to the car?

And yes, the activity from Paul’s phone will be interesting (to say the least) as will AM’s. But would he have been stupid enough (AM) to take his phone to the kennels?

I need to stop thinking about this.

My daughter has a 13 and I tried with hers just now and it does work. I’m wondering if this is a setting? I don’t remember setting it up on my 11 and she doesn’t remember doing it with her 13.

It must be because why would people want that accessible without a passcode?

Is it customary for jurors to get copies of some of this evidence (like all the phone record logs discussed today) to go through once they are deliberating on the case? There's still a lot of evidence to be presented and I'm hoping they will be able to look back through some of the evidence once the case is turned over to them.

Thanks for any insight.

MOO.
Usually it is rely on notes taken during trial only IIRC.

I may be confused but it seems to me that the 59 steps around the face scan time could indicate that Maggie was running and trying to call 911 at the same time. OR... I apologize for the ghoulishness...

Alex picked up her phone, tried to scan her dead face or his face, and ran with it for 59 steps.

That is during what I am calling the killing window 8:49 to 9:04 as indicated by the cell phone records.

Just my own opinion. Please correct me if I have the facts wrong.
I don’t think he tried to scan her face because he knew her pin/pw per his interviews with LE. Maybe he just picked it up facing him and the camera saw a face and automatically tried to do facial recognition. I don’t use facial rec so not sure how it works.

Another damning piece of evidence is the 911 call - it engages recording and you hear their dogs barking but AM is dead quiet and then magically starts making agonizing sounds/wailing before they answer.
In a fakey high-pitched tone of voice IMO. He invokes that tone in some of the LE car interviews. But then he reverts quickly to his normal tone.

I would love to know how many other times during their marriage he had called her “babe”.
I had the same thought.

I also wonder if he volunteered that he knew her passcode because he thought the phone wouldn’t be found. “Well gosh, if we just knew where it was I could check!” MOO.

But then if he was carrying it, it would keep counting steps, but his steps, not hers, right?

Maybe the 59 steps are combined MM running away (she was only 30’ from Paul) and AM getting her phone and back into his car.

The more I think about this, the more confused I get. Because before the 8:53 steps (59), there were no steps since 8:33 (43 steps). What was she doing for 20 minutes? Maybe she put the phone down?

Someone read the group text from Lynn at 8:49:27. Was it Maggie or Alex?

Maggie was on the Poshmark website at 8:30. I figured that was at the house and then the 43 steps at 8:33 were her walking out and getting into AMs car. But then no steps until 8:53? What was she doing for 20 minutes? Sitting in the car waiting? Had she put her phone down? Had she already been killed and then Alex had her phone, read the Lynn text and walked to the car?

And yes, the activity from Paul’s phone will be interesting (to say the least) as will AM’s. But would he have been stupid enough (AM) to take his phone to the kennels?

I need to stop thinking about this.
I understand your pain of not wanting to think about it bc it’s so hard to piece it together. BUT. Prosecution has been dropping us hints/pieces daily. They are building a huge puzzle thats going to finally come together at the end. I find it quite fascinating. For instance. Where in the hell does the Gucci receipt fit? They mentioned MM’s phone right in the middle of the numerous guns they were presenting? I feel like this is going to be greatest outcomes presented by LE that we’ve seen in recent times. All built by hardwork and technology. I said earlier. It’s just getting started.

Paul's phone vs. Maggie's phone: I don't think we know if Paul's phone was in airplane mode when it was taken off his body by LE. Assuming it wasn't in airplane mode -- maybe it was left at the crime scene (unlike Maggie's phone) because it could not be switched to airplane mode after it locked. JMO.

Thank you! Gathering the information:

NOTE: All times are PM

7:50 - Outgoing call to Barbara Mixson, 2 min, 46 sec. Last outgoing & last speaking call overall by Maggie. Every call after is missed.
8:17 - Phone unplugged from charger
8:17-8:18 - 38 steps logged
8:30-8:33 - 44 steps logged
9:04 - Missed call from Alex
9:06 - Display on, phone orientation changes to portrait (as if in someone's hand). Two seconds later, incoming missed call from Alex. Another missed call from Alex soon afterward. Display off. No more orientation changes afterward
9:08 - Unread text from Alex, "Going to check on (Mom), be right back"
9:31 - Display comes on and off a few times. No known reason
9:34 - Unread text received from Paul's friend Rogan Gibson. "Tell Paul to call me"
9:45 p.m. - Missed call from Alex
9:47 p.m. - Unread text received from Alex "Call me babe"
10:03 - Missed call from Alex
10:06 - Called 911
June 8, 1:10 p.m. - Phone unlocked again using passcode after found on side of road by SLED.

I had the same thought.

I also wonder if he volunteered that he knew her passcode because he thought the phone wouldn’t be found. “Well gosh, if we just knew where it was I could check!” MOO.

Whether AM or whoever, would they really think the phone was gone for sure? Maybe there were plans to move it later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachesisjenny