SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Maggie's phone was found in airplane mode. Could the phone being held up and switching to portrait mode be Alex putting it on airplane mode? Can that be done from the lockscreen by someone who is not the owner? I can't see any reason why Maggie would have put it in airplane mode herself.
I just did it myself. Yes you can put it in airplane mode while it's a locked screen.

Maybe not to feed the dogs but THE dog. Remember. They were taking care of a dog for a friend and Paul was videotaping it. Also, apparently the friend knew Maggie was with him bc he sent MM a text 30 minutes later telling her to get PM to respond. Apparently MM and the friend texted and were reasonably close bc there were former texts between the two that was presented today. AM even called the friend several times after 911. AM couldve simply said, I’ll go with you or let’s all check and do it together.

It seems odd that, after PM stopped responding to his calls, his friend didn't answer AM's calls, but instead tried to call/text MM. Did this guy think something was wrong? Had he heard something on PM's videos?

Ok......

8:49:27 She received and read text from JM group text. This is the last text read on her phone.

8:49:31 Her phone locks forever. (Which is natural. Mine takes 2-3 seconds then it's locked again.)

8:53 phone takes 59 steps.

8:54 phone orientation changes to portrait. Face ID is activated but does not unlock the phone.

9:04 call from AM

9:06 her phone orientation changes to portrait again--- but does not unlock...

---------------
I felt he was walking with her phone (59 steps) but that makes no sense. Why walk with it for 59 steps then try to get into it?

No. I believe now she was running those 59 steps...

Unless someone can show me it differently.
Bolding mine.
Sad and chilling.
:(

It seems odd that, after PM stopped responding to his calls, his friend didn't answer AM's calls, but instead tried to call/text MM. Did this guy think something was wrong? Had he heard something on PM's videos?
bbm
I'd guess they've gone over those sent videos forensically ?
Hearing a commotion, or cries for help ?
M00.

bbm
I'd guess they've gone over those sent videos forensically ?
Hearing a commotion, or cries for help ?
M00.
No, they've only referred to them, saying they exist and inferring that AM can be heard. No doubt, they'll be introduced at some point, maybe after they present evidence from the other phones?

Also, Maggie's phone was found in airplane mode. Could the phone being held up and switching to portrait mode be Alex putting it on airplane mode? Can that be done from the lockscreen by someone who is not the owner? I can't see any reason why Maggie would have put it in airplane mode herself.
At 9:06 when the phone switches to portrait again---could this be when he puts it in airplane mode.

An average person might think by putting it in airplane mode it could never be located.

Question or clarification. Is there only one way in and one way out of Mozelle? Also, if Maggie's phone turned off and then moments later Alex texted her that he was leaving to go check on "M" why did he not see headlights or someone entering the property? All of this today is really not good for AM, imo. It's like everyday the water is getting hotter and hotter for AM.
There are 2 ways.

In the Union-Bulletin article dated Jan. 23, 2023, the following is attributed to a Defense motion to exclude testimony regarding the .300 blackhot shell casings found on the property.
"Maggie, 52, had five distinct gunshot wounds, the report says. A gunshot wound to the left side of her torso and head include injuries to her left breast, lower jaw, ear, skull and brain. Other injuries were identified to Maggie’s left wrist, left thigh, her upper abdomen through the lower back, and a downward-trajectory shot to the right back of Maggie’s head, injuring the skull, brain stem, cerebellum and the right side of her upper back."

If Maggie was first shot in the left wrist, left thigh and upper abdomen through the lower back and she was still upright or had fell to the ground - if the phone was in her right hand could she have been conscious enough to hold the phone up for face recognition to unlock it ?

59 steps....

Either.... maybe MM was running and trying to use her phone to call for help but was killed before she could even open her phone...

Or..... AM picked up her phone, and for some reason looked at the screen, before walking 59 steps to his vehicle.

I am waiting on cellphone discovery, GPS technology to place AM's phone and MM's phone within inches somewhere just beyond Moselle, in the style of PFrazee.

JMO

Question or clarification. Is there only one way in and one way out of Mozelle? Also, if Maggie's phone turned off and then moments later Alex texted her that he was leaving to go check on "M" why did he not see headlights or someone entering the property? All of this today is really not good for AM, imo. It's like everyday the water is getting hotter and hotter for AM.
There are two ways in and out of the property. One entrance is closer to the residence (the south entrance). The other entrance goes directly to the kennel area (the north entrance). There are photos in the media thread.

59 steps....

Either.... maybe MM was running and trying to use her phone to call for help but was killed before she could even open her phone...

Or..... AM picked up her phone, and for some reason looked at the screen, before walking 59 steps to his vehicle.

I am waiting on cellphone discovery, GPS technology to place AM's phone and MM's phone within inches somewhere just beyond Moselle, in the style of PFrazee.

JMO
Somewhere it still would record her steps running before AM picked up her phone, looked at it, then walked to his truck.

I have a Samsung.
I shut my screen down. (Which automatically locks it).
Hit my screen button, it turns on. Now I can enter my 4 digit pin.
Instead, I just swiped down from the top and tapped the airplane mode icon. Tada!!
Interesting. I have an iPhone, do we know what Maggie had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil