SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh defense attorney Jim Griffin begins cross-examining Seckinger. He establishes that Seckinger had stopped - at least temporarily - looking into the missing $792K in fees when she learned Alex’s father was in the hospital with a terminal diagnosis.

Griffin seems to be making the point that Alex had no need to further thwart or delay Seckinger’s inquiry by killing Maggie and Paul later that evening.

We seem to be trying Alex Murdaugh on the financial crimes now. Murdaugh defense attorney Jim Griffin asks questions seemingly designed to lay some blame with PMPED for Alex’s thefts.

He asks if Murdaugh’s “Forge” scheme was documented in PMPED’s financial system dating back to 2015. Seckinger: “They were. They didn’t catch our attention before that.”

Griffin: “The information had been at your fingertips? 2015, it was there. ‘16, it was there. ‘17, it was there?” Seckinger: “That’s right.”

I would describe this exchange between Seckinger and Griffin as "cool." It is trending toward “icy"

What is his point? That AM is a thief, has been for a long time, but the firm should have known sooner? Relevant why?
Especially since the Jury is NOT even there to hear this.
I understand using it for motive, but the shouldn't the jury be hearing this so they can understand this opinion of motive ??

I mean, I love this last witness and all the wrong-doing AM has done being spoken about but.....
if it's meant to be for motive reason- then Jury should be there, IMO

Could someone explain to me like I'm 5 how all of his financial misdeeds relate to motive to kill his son? That boat case was a civil case against him, Alex, correct? Wouldn't it still go on if his son was dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosini