SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
curious about how his credibility will be received w/the jury too. It will be interesting for sure. IMO.
Credibility???? The jury may look at Smith with the same curiosity or apprehension that they now look at AM. If it is made known to the jury how long the two have been connected and the loyalty that AM seems to receive from Smith then AM could likely tell Smith that he did murder MM and PM knowing Smith would tell no one.

Which makes me wonder how he can be sure? I was personally put off by his testimony. I use different conversion kits for some of my firearms. 5.56/.223 and CMMG conversion kit for .22lr. That BCG (bolt carrier group) may not even go back into that same rifle when I go back to chambering 5.56/.223. I may put in another one or have moved that to another rifle. Most of my family/friends are the same way. While it's his "expert" opinion, I'm still unsure of how he reached that conclusion definitely.

My other question is that he was unable to chamber a round. Did the gun originally jam and there was no round chambered or did SLED clear the chamber??? He stated he had to manually load a round to test fire it after it failing to chamber.

Again, that gunsmith alone could have ordered 100 completed uppers, 100 receivers, 100 lower parts kits and you'll have 100 identical rifles that will leave little to none noticeable differences from one to another and certainly not 100 different variances. The entire thing is modular.
Thinking it was manually loaded for testing purposes. Jammed round possibly and had to clear it "Sled". Those tech's who do the testing from what I've seen usually start with clearing any possible rounds even though no rounds exist at that time then manually load one round then shoot into the water catch tank to preserve the round. The gray area is if a round was in the pipe or not and what it took to remove it.

SLED's Paul Greer is unflappable.

I notice that AM, meanwhile, isn't flapping in his seat any more. I sense he might be feeling the guns closing in. I mean walls.

JMO
Did anyone else think that during Paul Greer's testimony on firearms this afternoon, AM seemed off and on absolutely frozen with fear? I noticed he wasn't whispering so continuously with his co-counsels as he has so frequently during past witness testimony he remained fixated on every word being uttered. OMO.

Did anyone else think that during Paul Greer's testimony on firearms this afternoon, AM seemed off and on absolutely frozen with fear? I noticed he wasn't whispering so continuously with his co-counsels as he has so frequently during past witness testimony he remained fixated on every word being uttered. OMO.

Ive looked for more from AM as they scrolled thru pics of his home, playground, gun collection, vehicles, etc. I just figured that may trigger emotions.

If you believe someone outside the family (without AMs input) killed PM and MM think about this - why in the world would a murderer(s) come to KILL (brutally kill) two people who own a gun arsenal usually at the ready and not bring their own weapons to the battle. They didn’t even bring a knife to a gun fight! It makes NO sense to me. Rather, why would a man use his own guns to shoot his family - availability, new gun purchase tracking, if he borrows a gun, he runs the risk of having them testify. But if a missing gun suddenly appears and it presents an opportunity… But said gun is not the right gun for say short range and long range possibilities, well then you know there is a gun handy (or you make it handy) now that makes more sense to me and all the while you say in your defense there were two shooters. Come on!

Defense trying to get opinion out of Paul Greer not fair!
Greer was fantastic. He stood his ground with Griffin even when it seemed Greer was getting annoyed with his tactics. Greer impressed me with his ability to remain assertive and consistent. OMO.

I thought the main point of Griffin's cross exam was to initially get Greer to say Buster's black AR rifle was not the murder weapon and then when he wouldn't get Greer to say that, Griffin tried to confuse the jury by discussing all the evidence using only exhibit and SLED numbers -- lots of questions where everything was numbers -- it became helter-skelter! And they can't take notes! My gosh o_O

Last edited:
Why do you think that person called him Randolph when his name is Richard?

I have no idea but it could be a personal thing that only they know about. As in a deal gone wrong and disrespectfully using another family member’s name.

I can’t recall the order of the generational Murdaugh male names but AM father was the 3rd, so 2 before him and Randy is the 4th. I don’t know if any of the grandkids carry the name.

Buster is named after AM. God help him.

Oh, sorry about that.

But I think the court deemed the sale to MM fraudulent so it would be 50/50 ownership similar to Edisto.

WALTERBORO, S.C. (WCIV) — Lawyers with court-ordered control of Alex Murdaugh's finances & assets want a judge to void Murdaugh's 2016 sale to his wife of a private hunting estate in Colleton County, saying the sale was fraudulent.

Appending my quoted post after finding a later-dated or more current news link.

While it appears the court upheld the $5 sale of Moselle to MM, it does not erase the fact that at her death, MM had no liquidity: She had real estate valued at $4M which was encumbered with more than $2M in loans. $111K assets including her $85K Mercedes SUV. MM had $56 to her name-- and $4K that was shared with AM & BM.

I don't know how MM could pay for groceries. Must have put everything on credit cards and AM paid the bills.

Attorney breaks down Margaret Murdaugh’s estate appraisal

If you believe someone outside the family (without AMs input) killed PM and MM think about this - why in the world would a murderer(s) come to KILL (brutally kill) two people who own a gun arsenal usually at the ready and not bring their own weapons to the battle. They didn’t even bring a knife to a gun fight! It makes NO sense to me. Rather, why would a man use his own guns to shoot his family - availability, new gun purchase tracking, if he borrows a gun, he runs the risk of having them testify. But if a missing gun suddenly appears and it presents an opportunity… But said gun is not the right gun for say short range and long range possibilities, well then you know there is a gun handy (or you make it handy) now that makes more sense to me and all the while you say in your defense there were two shooters. Come on!

Good point. Going from the states theory that AM did it, I’d bet those guns were close by like that phone just after the murders and were probably better hidden or destroyed later on. I’m just ready for them to dig more into that night. I understand the other elements but even the state seems anxious to get on thru the stuff not physically related to the murders.

Both brothers have cognitive disabilities. I didn’t catch the age. They are vulnerable, could use the monetary assistance and AM took advantage of them.
Today, they are doing fine financially. They received a $4.8M settlement last June and have started a foundation in their mom's name: Gloria's Gifts.

Both brothers have cognitive disabilities. I didn’t catch the age. They are vulnerable, could use the monetary assistance and AM took advantage of them.
Thank you. I always questioned was there some type of disability. They probably put all their trust in him and looked at him as a family member. I hope they are being well cared for.

Just getting up to the end of this thread and can't believe you aren't discussing what Waters brought up after the jury left the room this afternoon. I stepped away for one minute and came back to realize the day hadn't ended. Waters and defense were talking to Judge Newman about a conversation Alec had with his counsel and third parties a few days after the murders and Waters wants to know what it was about.

Anyone watch trial long enough today to know more about what Waters brought up after the jury was dismissed? OMO.

This is all I can find:
------------

5:28 p.m. – Court is in recess. The jury will return at 11:30 a.m. Monday. Waters indicates that defense attorney Jim Griffin and Murdaugh, along with others, met days after the murders and Murduagh made “some statements.” Waters wants to find out what was said and says he believes the statements would not be attorney-client privileged because third parties were present.

Griffin explains it was June 10 when SLED came to a family property to interview family members. Griffin says he was there to represent Murdaugh.

https://www.counton2.com/the-murdaugh-investigation/witnesses-to-speak-on-alleged-financial-crimes-in-murdaugh-trial-day-10/
-------------

Dying to know who "others" were? PR firm PMPED hired? Family meeting with JMM?

This will be addressed first thing Monday morning. Waters already gave the Judge caselaw to support his stand. My trial attorney hubby says if third party was there it negates attorney-client privilege. MOO.

Last edited:
Just getting up to the end of this thread and can't believe you aren't discussing what Waters brought up after the jury left the room this afternoon. I stepped away for one minute and came back to realize the day hadn't ended. Waters and defense were talking to Judge Newman about a conversation Alec had with his counsel and third parties a few days after the murders and Waters wants to know what it was about.

This is all I can find. Anyone watch trial long enough today to know more?
------------

5:28 p.m. – Court is in recess. The jury will return at 11:30 a.m. Monday. Waters indicates that defense attorney Jim Griffin and Murdaugh, along with others, met days after the murders and Murduagh made “some statements.” Waters wants to find out what was said and says he believes the statements would not be attorney-client privileged because third parties were present.

Griffin explains it was June 10 when SLED came to a family property to interview family members. Griffin says he was there to represent Murdaugh.

https://www.counton2.com/the-murdaugh-investigation/witnesses-to-speak-on-alleged-financial-crimes-in-murdaugh-trial-day-10/
I believe June 10 was the date that SLED was collecting and/or downloading cell phone data from AM and the Murdaugh family members except for John Marvin-- I think he left because Randolph III had just died. But yes, there were many people around the residence including many from LE that likely observed the statements by AM. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mctigue30